• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Really? Tonight was fine. Besiktas had about 2 shots, scored one of them and the entire game was played in their half.

We just has a striker that left his confidence in Spain and a bunch of players returning to the team after injury.

I've seen much worse performances than this to suggest that a manager should go, across a number of reigns.

I agree with you dude. I must have been watching a different game to the majority people, I saw a Spurs team for the most part play pretty well last night - better than the usual EL away standard (we normally in the majority play absolutely **** away from home in the EL!!). We should have scored one or two minimum. Their goal was completely against the run of play and was as a result of a bad individual error (hi Younes).

Once we conceded our level dropped off a bit to be fair, but overall we really weren't that bad? I am not sure why everyone is kicking off so much, we still qualified, first or second didn't make a huge difference as IMO there's not much between who we'll play in the next round. Seems to be some people just want to use any old excuse to jump on our manager's back - it's the same old complete lack of patience many of our fans show.

I agree with you dude. I must have been watching a different game to the majority people, I saw a Spurs team for the most part play pretty well last night - better than the usual EL away standard (we normally in the majority play absolutely **** away from home in the EL!!). We should have scored one or two minimum. Their goal was completely against the run of play and was as a result of a bad individual error (hi Younes).

Once we conceded our level dropped off a bit to be fair, but overall we really weren't that bad? I am not sure why everyone is kicking off so much, we still qualified, first or second didn't make a huge difference as IMO there's not much between who we'll play in the next round. Seems to be some people just want to use any old excuse to jump on our manager's back - it's the same old complete lack of patience many of our fans show.

Indeed. I think the subs probably affected our balance towards the end of the game - not convinced Lennon and Townsend on their 'proper' sides was good for us as we lost the options required to play the combinations that saw us well - although I firmly believe that at home on our pitch it would probably work.

We played fine, and made subs to protect players that we will require for a busy period. Not really any conclusive findings on the manager's ability at all.

We were under real pressure for periods of that second half, Poch did good subs with Dembele and Stambouli...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Good subs today, perhaps should have taken Lamela off earlier. Some nice passing at times in the final third and you could really see Pochs style of play whenever our full backs got forward. I like the team that ended the game, I think I'd start that in future, perhaps Mason for Dembele.

I think for especially the first 1/4 and also the last 1/4 we saw another glimpse of future Tottenham.

Good pressing, slick passing and a bit of bite - and all those from all 11 players

In the first you could clearly see what we're working towards. Lots of high pressing. Attacking movement was decent as well. A step forward in my book.

I think for especially the first 1/4 and also the last 1/4 we saw another glimpse of future Tottenham.

Good pressing, slick passing and a bit of bite - and all those from all 11 players

I agree, add to that the conditioning improvement and things are looking positive

I don't think he could have done much more with the technical limitations of the squad

**** me .. if today was a step forward in anything but the 3 points .. awful football, badly ordered and late subs ..

No progress unless you start replicating results at home - no point in just taking one step forward and two back. No progress in performance as it was poor. The character is impressive and thats definitely a bonus.

We were under real pressure for periods of that second half, Poch did good subs with Dembele and Stambouli...

Stambouli added what exactly?

Another poor performance but we got the 3 points. Better to be lucky than anything else though

still 7th a couple weeks before the window opens and hopefully we can ship out 4 or 5 of the dross and bring in a CB, CF and a pacy attacking type

first 20 and last 20 were nice. but we'll need to cut out in between. a more clinical side could have damaged us

Another poor performance but we got the 3 points. Better to be lucky than anything else though

still 7th a couple weeks before the window opens and hopefully we can ship out 4 or 5 of the dross and bring in a CB, CF and a pacy attacking type

someone in midfield who actually won the ball?

Exactly, only those so keen on the negatives could fail to acknowledge this.

The only issue with Poch's teams is that this good play in not sustained and we only see it in patches. Once we see such play for majority of games then we really will be talking...

Oh I don't know, put his foot in and tackled and distributed it sensibly? If you didn't notice how more assured we looked once he came on then I question what you was watching....

Back