• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

its no surprise that once we added on Dembele and Stambouli we looked alot more solid. Mason and Bentaleb as a partnership today were atrocious.

Mason/Bentaleb/Lamela in midfield was atrocious ..

Poch should have seen that at HT, got one off (Lamela unless you are ****ing blind) and we might not have gone one down.

To me the obvious first sub was Chadli > Lamela and bring Eriksen in to middle, second would have been one of Mason/Bentaleb to see if we could get more midfield possession and get it forward.

Beyond Lamela's **** play, we were doubly lucky he didn't get sent off ..

its no surprise that once we added on Dembele and Stambouli we looked alot more solid. Mason and Bentaleb as a partnership today were atrocious.

We were already getting more into the game when he came on. As a sub he's obviously able to cover more ground. Mason and Bentaleb did well for most of the first half, but the whole team was getting slacker in their pressing.

We were already getting more into the game when he came on. As a sub he's obviously able to cover more ground. Mason and Bentaleb did well for most of the first half, but the whole team was getting slacker in their pressing.

Swansea BOSSED midfield, it was borderline embarrassing from our midfield as a so called "pressing team" - the amount of time and space they had was crazy, no wonder our defence was made to look ****, their midfield had time to pick out Bony everytime.

Swansea BOSSED midfield, it was borderline embarrassing from our midfield as a so called "pressing team" - the amount of time and space they had was crazy, no wonder our defence was made to look ****, their midfield had time to pick out Bony everytime.

Yes. To compound things, when the forwards pressing gets beaten, we're all at sea with acres of space out wide with one or two stranded midfielder in the middle and an exposed defence.

There is nothing to do but show some patience. We don't need more upheaval. We have to give Poch and this team (whoever end up being in the first team) time.

I started a thread over the summer about our midfield. It's been our Achilles Heal without any stand out players it was a banana skin for the new manager, and he hasn't sorted it yet. We have a collection of decent CMs none of whom have made the place their own yet.

Yes. To compound things, when the forwards pressing gets beaten, we're all at sea with acres of space out wide with one or two stranded midfielder in the middle and an exposed defence.

There is nothing to do but show some patience. We don't need more upheaval. We have to give Poch and this team (whoever end up being in the first team) time.

I started a thread over the summer about our midfield. It's been our Achilles Heal without any stand out players it was a banana skin for the new manager, and he hasn't sorted it yet. We have a collection of decent CMs none of whom have made the place their own yet.

It's hard to sort when the transfer window is closed. Now he knows our midfielder and is in a better position to decide who stays and who goes.

It was a good win. We did press high. And we suffered the kind of counter attack exposure you get if you play a high press. While the press is still being worked on this is to be expected.

High press and fast transitions does not equate lots of possession or low chances being conceded. What it does do it lead us to create more. Our issue is a lack of pace and finishing up front.

It was a good win. We did press high. And we suffered the kind of counter attack exposure you get if you play a high press. While the press is still being worked on this is to be expected.

High press and fast transitions does not equate lots of possession or low chances being conceded. What it does do it lead us to create more. Our issue is a lack of pace and finishing up front.

pace and width needed .. we were actually reasonably clinical today

the other big worry than many people didn't bring up was we didn't create that much

pace and width needed .. we were actually reasonably clinical today

the other big worry than many people didn't bring up was we didn't create that much
Pace and width from the full backs. And clever movement from central players. It is a work in progress.

My feeling is, if you get Walker back to full sharpness, and give Poch 2 quality players to replace Lamela and Soldado in this side, he would give us a very decent team indeed.

agree about subs but thought bentaleb was very good today while mason not so good which would explain the Poch sub.

My feeling is, if you get Walker back to full sharpness, and give Poch 2 quality players to replace Lamela and Soldado in this side, he would give us a very decent team indeed.

I hope Lamela plays on Wed. I am going to the game and hope he plays a blinder. I still have faith in the guy. This is effectively his 1st season.

Agreed. A lot of changes being implemented, both in terms of personnel used and style of play.

We certainly didn't press high for the full game, and I doubt we wanted to. But we did for periods and it paid off with the winner in the end. Kane working his socks off, Davies high up the pitch along with Eriksen, bit of composure and precision from Davies, bit of brilliance from Eriksen. But had we not had the courage and stamina to press up as a team that winner doesn't happen.

We looked down after the 1-1 goal, but we were not out and we responded well I thought. Exactly the kind of response Poch has been talking about not being there in previous games when we've conceded.

I hope Lamela plays on Wed. I am going to the game and hope he plays a blinder. I still have faith in the guy. This is effectively his 1st season.

Well, if he plays then I hope he plays well, I'm just not seeing anything in him right now. He works quite hard, that's the only positive I have for him (and his Europa League rabona was special to watch).

complete and utter garbage.

mason and bentaleb were fine but you cant have eriksen and lamela outside them as they will be left exposed. take out ****ty lamela and put in a solid hard working player like lennon and you watch the difference

complete and utter garbage.

mason and bentaleb were fine but you cant have eriksen and lamela outside them as they will be left exposed. take out ****ty lamela and put in a solid hard working player like lennon and you watch the difference

Thought we adjusted fairly well after being too open in the first 30-ish minutes (apart from the short period up to our goal). Sigurdsson (in particular) was getting too much time and space to pick his passes to Bony and we were exposed. We adjusted before we made the sub too I thought and Bentaleb and Mason did better. After we subbed Soldado for Dembele we were a lot more solid I thought.

agree about subs but thought bentaleb was very good today while mason not so good which would explain the Poch sub.

On the money mate. I think Ryan Mason must be very very tired right now and could do with a rest. He's not put in matches like this so tight together before in his career. I still don't understand how anybody can knock Bentaleb, but there we go...

Back