• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manor Solomon

I think that's a little unfair, he has scored goals in PL which none of the players you mentioned have done and played international and CL football, it looks like a win, win on a free transfer.

I think its grossly unfair, not a little unfair!

Reactions: DTA
All depends how “cover for Son” pans out.

We thought last year that Richarlison would provide cover for Son, but he was never a like for like - and had a rubbish season whether covering any position in the front 3.

This guy looks a more suited like for like for Son but with no European football this season I’d be surprised if we see much of him.

Problem with Richarlison is that in Ange's formation, the wide forwards play much wider with the number 8s breaking through the gaps between CF and wide forward.

I think Richie might get more game time coming on for Kane (given the higher intensity pressing) and Solomon will come on for Son more

Seems a bit of an odd one given he couldn’t break into the Fulham team (4 PL starts vs 15 sub appearances). Was hoping Gil would finally get a proper chance, but guess Ange doesn’t rate him and wants to sell/loan. (Or will play Gil right and Porro at RB, and sell/loan Spence or Royal).

Seems a bit of an odd one given he couldn’t break into the Fulham team (4 PL starts vs 15 sub appearances). Was hoping Gil would finally get a proper chance, but guess Ange doesn’t rate him and wants to sell/loan. (Or will play Gil right and Porro at RB, and sell/loan Spence or Royal).
William was superb for Fulham last season and I suspect they also knew that Solomon wasn't going to stay there

So what's the deal with him going on a free, and why is it contentious?

Apparently there is some freedom for players to force moves or look elsewhere because of the war, the Shaktar owner is fighting to say that anyone using the war to pick up freebies will later find themselves in court. The problem is, what court?

Apparently there is some freedom for players to force moves or look elsewhere because of the war, the Shaktar owner is fighting to say that anyone using the war to pick up freebies will later find themselves in court. The problem is, what court?
Yeah, FIFA extended its ruling over foreign players in Ukraine being able to play away on loans, so that they could simply break their contracts for nothing. Understandably, the Shakhtar chairman isn't very happy about that. He took it up with CAS, who upheld FIFA's decision, but is still trying various legal avenues, and could end up suing clubs who've taken their players for free.

Apparently Shakhtar had an agreement with Fulham to sell Solomon for however many £million at the end of his loan, which Fulham reneged on at the last minute (as soon as the FIFA extension came through) to get him as a free agent.

This article contains more details:
https://www.espn.co.uk/football/sto...ns-shakhtar-donetsk-conduct-transfers-warzone

With the pre-season match against Shakhtar at NWHL (with proceeds and an unspecified club donation being given to Ukraine charities) being announced recently, and the fact that the Shakhtar chairman has already given a good portion of the Mudryk fee to similar causes, it would surprise me if this wasn't a sweetener. We get some very good PR, Ukraine gets a wodge of cash, everyone's happy.

Last edited:
Yeah, FIFA extended its ruling over foreign players in Ukraine being able to play away on loans, so that they could simply break their contracts for nothing. Understandably, the Shakhtar chairman isn't very happy about that. He took it up with CAS, who upheld FIFA's decision, but is still trying various legal avenues, and could end up suing clubs who've taken their players for free.

Apparently Shakhtar had an agreement with Fulham to sell Solomon for however many £million at the end of his loan, which Fulham reneged on at the last minute (as soon as the FIFA extension came through) to get him as a free agent.

This article contains more details:
https://www.espn.co.uk/football/sto...ns-shakhtar-donetsk-conduct-transfers-warzone

With the pre-season match against Shakhtar at NWHL (with proceeds and an unspecified club donation being given to Ukraine charities) being announced recently, and the fact that the Shakhtar chairman has already given a good portion of the Mudryk fee to similar causes, it wouldn't surprise me at all if this wasn't a sweetener. We get some very good PR, Ukraine gets a wodge of cash, everyone's happy.

Yeh great point about the last bit, makes sense TBH

And the crowd goes mild... :p

Bit whelmed by this signing - low risk and free, but not, as far as I can see, particularly good. One of those N'Jie/N'Koudou types, and sad we seem to be making the same mistakes yet again.

But, on the flip side, he's free so we can hopefully flog him for a profit to Nantes or wherever in a year's time. And if he comes good, he'll be a somewhat half decent Sonny backup, I suppose?

Wonder what this means for Gil - this chap plays in his position. Think we may have something lined up for the kid - hopefully permanent, since this rigmarole of endless loans is not good for him or us.
He'd certainly be a much better player if he came in with a 75m fee. But since we got him on a free, he must be gash.
From what I've seen, he's at least as good as Diaz. How much did Liverpool fork out for him?

He was injured for a long time, and I think when he got fit, Fulham were going well, and he was partly a victim of the "if it ain't broken, don't fix it". Always looked a threat when he played, and scored some great goals.

And the crowd goes mild... :p

Bit whelmed by this signing - low risk and free, but not, as far as I can see, particularly good. One of those N'Jie/N'Koudou types, and sad we seem to be making the same mistakes yet again.

But, on the flip side, he's free so we can hopefully flog him for a profit to Nantes or wherever in a year's time. And if he comes good, he'll be a somewhat half decent Sonny backup, I suppose?

Wonder what this means for Gil - this chap plays in his position. Think we may have something lined up for the kid - hopefully permanent, since this rigmarole of endless loans is not good for him or us.

Well..he looks a bloody good player to me ...great balence and skill...I,m not allways right mind..I hope this player gets a good look in!
Incidently ..you maybe underating him..:cool:
Coys.....

And surely even Baddiel can't complain about the Y word when we have a player with solid Jewish heritage and called Solomon!

Oh he will. But to be fair people
He'd certainly be a much better player if he came in with a 75m fee. But since we got him on a free, he must be gash.
From what I've seen, he's at least as good as Diaz. How much did Liverpool fork out for him?

As good as Diaz hahaha and to add "atleast". Comical.

TBF Diaz has been absolutely all wrist action and no ejaculation....far from set the world on light.

Everyone lost their heads with Diaz and he hasn't lived up to anywhere near the hype, and Liverpool have spent another bucketload because of that reason TBH

TBF Diaz has been absolutely all wrist action and no ejaculation....far from set the world on light.

Everyone lost their heads with Diaz and he hasn't lived up to anywhere near the hype, and Liverpool have spent another bucketload because of that reason TBH

1 in 3 record in his debut season, terrible injury and playing in a very off season for Liverpool.

Everyone lost their heads because he looked great and was supposed to be very close to signing only for us to dawdle in the market and allow Liverpool to swoop in. Which was the frustrating part at the time as he has pace to burn and would have done well in a counter attacking team.

We got kulu in and he hit the ground running ... thats where it ends.

1 in 3 record in his debut season, terrible injury and playing in a very off season for Liverpool.

Everyone lost their heads because he looked great and was supposed to be very close to signing only for us to dawdle in the market and allow Liverpool to swoop in. Which was the frustrating part at the time as he has pace to burn and would have done well in a counter attacking team.

We got kulu in and he hit the ground running ... thats where it ends.

I was talking people losing their heads in general and hyping him up, but so far regardless of injuries he does alot of twists, turns and step overs but produced little end product, utterly frustrating to watch whenever I've seen him play.

Jota is miles ahead

Last edited:

I said that because Diaz is enormously overrated.
Good player, don't get me wrong, but nowhere near the tossfest hype he was bigged up to by the media, because he came with a pretty hefty price tag, and not least, he went to Liverpool, the media darlings.

There's a photo doing the rounds of ou player liason guy at Stansted yesterday, presumably to meet this fellow

medical delayed til Thurs though according to Romano

Back