• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manor Solomon

I said that because Diaz is enormously overrated.
Good player, don't get me wrong, but nowhere near the tossfest hype he was bigged up to by the media, because he came with a pretty hefty price tag, and not least, he went to Liverpool, the media darlings.
I'd say Diaz is a very good player. I suspect he will prove that next season if he avoids serious injury.

Guess we're sorting out/preparing a compensation for Shaktar, as per comments from their chairman.

It should be about a €1m euros judging by what they paid and the length of his contract remaining

I reckon £5m is probably fair. He's a £20m player, but yeah, obviously only 6 months left on his contract.

Maybe we should go £1m cash + £4m in BAE Systems vouchers?

So a made up one
He hasn’t done anything to justify the value
He is being brought as a prospect
£20m would get you Danjuma who actually has done stuff for example
Its an independent organisation that uses objective metrics, so better than journalists picking a number from the air. But its not accounting for his contract.

Danjuma and Gil were £25m+ signings, so its a reasonable ballpark

Its an independent organisation that uses objective metrics, so better than journalists picking a number from the air. But its not accounting for his contract.

Danjuma and Gil were £25m+ signings, so its a reasonable ballpark
Not really
It’s a German website
Set up several years ago that has now been hailed as the truth
We will sell Gil for less than £20m this window
Danjuma would be available too for that price
Shaktar are not being ripped off with him leaving on a free, but they have every right to be unhappy
He has a value
Just a very low one

I don’t understand why FIFA didn’t rule to actually suspend these players’ contracts I.e. freeze them rather than have them keep running.

I suspect that legally it would be very difficult for fifa to change the conditions of a contract with a set start and end date.
That would make them liable to pay the compensation to the affected clubs. In my view, they kind of still are. It's FIFA/UEFA that should pay these clubs for the players, not the clubs they join.

I don’t understand why FIFA didn’t rule to actually suspend these players’ contracts I.e. freeze them rather than have them keep running.

I can't see how they could. Unless a contract has a broadly drafted force majeure clause in it, there's nothing they can do about it. And more of those clauses which I've seen don't cover wars

I can't see how they could. Unless a contract has a broadly drafted force majeure clause in it, there's nothing they can do about it. And more of those clauses which I've seen don't cover wars

No normal contract means you have to risk your life in order to do your job. Your workplace being in a warzone would qualify. Fifa just allowed foreign players to reregister with other clubs.

War is most definitely covered under Force Majeure. It is usually anything outside of a party's reasonable control that prevents that party fulfilling its contractual obligations. War would generally be outside of the control of most parties to a contract. Unless of course one of parties is a certain Mr. V. Putin.

But why have they had the power to ‘suspend’ the contracts but not freeze them? (Or rather to allow players to unilaterally suspend, instead of allowing players and teams to agree to a freeze?)

If there’s some technical legal issue with freezing, surely you could get around it by saying players can suspend and play for other clubs, but that period then has to be added to the original contract with the Ukrainian team? So in practice it’s effectively frozen.

Back