• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manor Solomon

Chrissivad

Eidur Gudjohnsen
He would be a good option to back up Son on the left.

Free transfer (friendly game already arranged) so low risk. Only 23, and has played a few games in the pl.

Isn't it just Shakhtar who might bring action?

Therefore i think the suggestion is that the friendly which was just arranged out of the blue is a way of smoothing things over

Yes.
They said they would take us to court, but FIFA had already extended the rule on foreign players playing in Ukraine.

So their issue would be with FIFA.

Yes.
They said they would take us to court, but FIFA had already extended the rule on foreign players playing in Ukraine.

So their issue would be with FIFA.

OK, so we could sign something with them agreeing that they wont take action against us...and then sign Solomon along with whatever payment plus what they get from the game

4th choice LWF behind Son, Richarlison and Gil?

Think its more like:

RW: Kulu, Porro
CF: Kane, Richie
LW: Son, Solomon

Though there's some variation within that and if we're chasing a game you could possibly move Solomon to one of the number 8 roles

I like Gil but could see him heading out on loan for another year. Alternatively, if Ange views Porro as a RB, perhaps Gil stays as a RW option - he's historically played on the left but he's left footed so would be interesting to see on the right, just like the right footed Solomon playing on the left

I know you like Gil, and I think he's talented aswell. But you can't tell me you haven't seen him getting bounced off the ball like a little child every time he's been given the chance in the premier league? He's just not physicaly ready for this league.
We have
Big we also saw signs that he dealt with those knocks and got back up
That’s the key for him

Our back up LW is a 60 million quid signing who struggled for regular game time even with European competition last season and we have a load of players to sell.

I'd be amazed if we're looking for any kind of back up in terms of front line before sales and looking at the creaky defense....

Our back up LW is a 60 million quid signing who struggled for regular game time even with European competition last season and we have a load of players to sell.

I'd be amazed if we're looking for any kind of back up in terms of front line before sales and looking at the creaky defense....

Agree that we're unlikely to do anything to jeapordise getting in a couple CBs

However, given Ange's wide forwards play very wide, I dont think Richarlison is a LW for him. He's Kane's understudy. In that case, Solomon could make a lot of sense

I expect the club know that, at best, we only have a year left of Harry Kane and it may even be that we are going to sell him this summer to avoid losing him on a free. I expect the club see Richarlison as Hary’s replacement (big downgrade that that is).

Last edited:
I expect the club know that, at best, we only have a year left of Harry Kane and it may be that we are going to sell him this summer to avoid losing him on a free. I expect the club see Richarlison as Hary’s replacement (big downgrade that that is).
Any player is going to be a big downgrade on Harry. We need to improve in other areas to make up for his eventual loss.

I expect the club know that, at best, we only have a year left of Harry Kane and it may even be that we are going to sell him this summer to avoid losing him on a free. I expect the club see Richarlison as Hary’s replacement (big downgrade that that is).

They aren't like for like but things are never as straight forward as that.

Whilst Kane is obviously way ahead in many regards, Richy brings the high energy pressing that is apparently a big part of the way Ange likes to play. I'm guessing that he will find a way to adapt his system to have a deep lying forward in Kane for this season at least as you say.
Agree that we're unlikely to do anything to jeapordise getting in a couple CBs

However, given Ange's wide forwards play very wide, I dont think Richarlison is a LW for him. He's Kane's understudy. In that case, Solomon could make a lot of sense

It's only speculation but I doubt Richy's only going to be used when Kane is off the pitch, especially with less games it's likely Harry will be playing pretty much all the time unless he gets injured. As I said above to Finney I reckon the pressing / never say die attitude of Richarlison will get him in the team one way or another.

CB first priority now absolutely but I am super confused by people talking about getting back up LWs and RWs but time will tell if it happens.

Is Ronnie Rosenthal his agent? Rosenthal was quite linked in with a lot of our dealings a few years ago. Could just be a cheap/favour deal for him?

I know you like Gil, and I think he's talented aswell. But you can't tell me you haven't seen him getting bounced off the ball like a little child every time he's been given the chance in the premier league? He's just not physicaly ready for this league.
Gil looked really promising in those couple of games after the WC when he actually got some gametime. I think all of him, Sarr and Spence start as new signings, and just write off that Conte didnt do young players.

Equally Solomon looked generally mediocre from the Fulham bench last season. He's just got that shiny new toy mystique about him until people actually watch him play

Any player is going to be a big downgrade on Harry. We need to improve in other areas to make up for his eventual loss.

Spot on, Richarlson is not a replacement for Kane and to suggest that he should be compered to Kane is silly. Whoever plays is his posistion is not going to be the same or able give us the same as Kane.

Spot on, Richarlson is not a replacement for Kane and to suggest that he should be compered to Kane is silly. Whoever plays is his posistion is not going to be the same or able give us the same as Kane.

Yeh absolutely no chance he is seen as the long term replacement for Kane.

Back