• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch 2014/15

I think it's more the psychological impact of a club without clear direction, remember how United fell apart when Fergie first said he would retire.

Probably a factor. But even considering that Lambert has underperformed rather massively I think.

And it's not like he's not been given time or the chance to build his own team. Handful of years and they look no closer to being a functioning unit. Probably would have been relegated already if not for Benteke being outstanding in his first season.

Don't think he's necessarily a bad manager, but the job he's done at Villa has not been good.

I don't know what I want to happen more at Villa

Timmeh to get the job and get relegated

Or Hoddle to get the job and start a career renaissance

I work with a Villa fan who for years has wanted Hoddle as manager, through the dross of Houlier, Lambert, McLeish, O'Leary etc. I dont know why but I think he would be a good fit. Would love to see him back in the game. His absence from managment all these years when clueless journeyman managers gets sacked and employed over and over again is a terrible shame.

Should send Sherwood a very nice Christmas present this year. From a coach with us to a way into the very lucrative managerial circus in about a year. Well done Ramsey.

I think Sherwood majorly rode on Ramsey's coattails tbh. The way Timmeh has ballsed up countless interviews, people seem to have sussed out that he's a phoney.

I think Sherwood majorly rode on Ramsey's coattails tbh. The way Timmeh has ballsed up countless interviews, people seem to have sussed out that he's a phoney.

Agreed, feel its clearly obvious Ramsey was the brains and Sherwood was just a media mouthpiece.

Brentford Football Club would like to update supporters on planned changes to the football management to come in to effect from the end of the season.

Club Owner Matthew Benham has met with Sporting Director Frank McParland, Manager Mark Warburton and Assistant Manager David Weir and the Club has reached agreement on terms for their departure.

The board, with Matthew’s approval, has made the decision that the trio will leave Brentford at the end of the 2014/15 season.

Mark and David will continue to work with the first-team on a day-to-day basis through to the end of the season – with the support and backing of Matthew and the Club’s Board – as Brentford push for promotion to the Premier League.

Matthew, a Brentford fan since 1979, who has owned the majority shareholding in the Club since June 2012, has decided to make changes in order to ensure the long-term prosperity of the Club.

Matthew and members of the Board have been in discussions with Manager Mark Warburton and other football staff about the future direction of the Club for many weeks, prior to stories appearing in the media last week.

As part of a remodelling of the Club’s football management, a Head Coach will be appointed to work alongside a new Sporting Director.

There will also be a new recruitment structure using a mixture of traditional scouting and other tools including mathematical modelling.

As part of the new recruitment structure, the Head Coach will have a strong input in to the players brought in to the Club but not an absolute veto.

The club wish to implement these changes in time for the next transfer window that opens this summer and to best ensure a smooth transition to the new recruitment model current Sporting Director Frank McParland has been placed on gardening leave.

The club want the new structure to be a long-term way of working which is independent of whoever is in the Head Coach role.

Frank, Mark and David have decided, following long discussions with Matthew that they feel unable to work under the changed structure and approach as it differs from their football philosophy.

Some of the candidates in the BBC story this morning were pretty depressing... Advocaat, Allardyce, Lambert etc.. I thought it was weird they were mentioning candidates before Poyet had gone but they must have known it was happening today.

Poyet was a clown when he was here and has been a clown as a manager in his own right. Doubt we will see him in the prem again. Seems a nice guy, but totally clueless as a manager.

he did a good job at Brighton iirc

I heard some old Sunderland stalwart on the radio earlier saying they need an Englishman who gets the working class attitude of the area, which I thought was a load of gonad*s, there is nothing working class about a PL football club, it's the attitude of the twenty something millionaires you need to be in tune with

I think it's such a tough job to take on, I don't mean any offense to those that support the club but every time I watch them it's just so depressing, brick football, brick players. I'd say Poyet is a brick manager as well, just in the way that he often chooses not to see certain things or say things that can be proven by watching a 5 second video clip of a game a la Mark Hughes. As well as backing Suarez. clam.

he did a good job at Brighton iirc

I heard some old Sunderland stalwart on the radio earlier saying they need an Englishman who gets the working class attitude of the area, which I thought was a load of cobblers, there is nothing working class about a PL football club, it's the attitude of the twenty something millionaires you need to be in tune with

And what of us, are we in tune? What are the margins? Shall we have a London league? (Not that we as fans would have much control over it anyway.) Sunderland should get a sugar daddy? Ya, we'd love them for that. So no more whining about City or Chelski then? How long before we join the club? Or is there some superficial middle ground, ideally some line in the sand which we'd like to draw, with our toe, where we can be pretenders and still get a woody. Are we still clinging to some middle ground, without being quite sure where it is, or if it ever existed.

Last edited:
And what of us, are we in tune? What are the margins? Shall we have a London league? (Not that we as fans would have much control over it anyway.) Sunderland should get a sugar daddy? Ya, we'd love them for that. So no more whining about City or Chelski then? How long before we join the club? Or is there some superficial middle ground, ideally some line in the sand which we'd like to draw, with our toe, where we can be pretenders and still get a woody. Are we still clinging to some middle ground, without being quite sure where it is, or if it ever existed.

Poch seems quite in tune with our players yes, is that what you mean?

Confused? You won't be after this episode of Soap.

Advocaat confirmed on SSN...

West Ham, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Palace next 3 games

They will probably stay up by virtue of the 3 below them being the ones to go down. Then sacked within 15 games of next season. Comical appointment.

26BC594F00000578-0-image-a-22_1426602664581.jpg

Back