• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lukaku

Re: would Chelsea sell us Lukaku?

Perhaps Abramovich still holds a grudge against Levy for thwarting his attempt to buy THFC back in 2003.

nope i think it all kicked off when Chels poached Arnesen.....

Tottenham Hotspur put in-demand Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku top of their summer shopping list

Spurs made cheeky offer to swap Emmanuel Adebayor for the 20-year-old last year but will return with a more serious bid for the forward this time

By Matt Law

10:30PM GMT 24 Mar 2014

Tottenham Hotspur have made Romelu Lukaku, Chelsea’s £25 million-rated striker, one of their top summer transfer targets.

Lukaku has spent this season on loan at Everton and his goal against Swansea at the weekend was his 12th of the campaign.

Spurs were among a host of clubs interested in Lukaku last summer and chairman Daniel Levy made a cheeky offer to swap Emmanuel Adebayor for the 20-year-old.

Tottenham will make a more serious bid for Lukaku this year and hope to convince Chelsea to allow the player to stay in the Premier League.

Chelsea will demand big money for Lukaku, who they signed for £17 million from Anderlecht in 2011, but Spurs would comfortably be able to offer the player an increase to his £40,000-a-week wages.

Despite uncertainty over whether head coach Tim Sherwood will be replaced at the end of the season, Spurs plan to sign three players – a striker, midfielder and defender – who can make an immediate first-team impact.

Tottenham failed with an £18 million bid for Christian Benteke last year, before signing Roberto Soldado for £26 million. The Spaniard has struggled to adapt, but has still scored 11 goals in all competitions.

Lukaku has scored one more club goal than his Belgium international team-mate Benteke this season and also netted 17 Premier League goals on loan at West Bromwich Albion last term.

Manchester United’s Javier Hernández and Queens Park Rangers’ Loïc Rémy, who is well known to Tottenham scout Ian Broomfield, are other options but Lukaku is ahead of them on the wanted list.

Rémy has been on loan at Saudi Sportswashing Machine this season and manager Alan Pardew hinted that he too is watching Lukaku.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine face Everton and Lukaku on Tuesday night, and Pardew said: “I think he is a player a lot of clubs will be looking at in the summer. I don’t think Everton will get a free run at him.

“At the moment, it is a bit like we are with Loïc. It is a situation that Everton would love to keep him, as we would with Loïc, but those questions are really out of Everton’s and our control.”

Everton cannot afford to sign Lukaku permanently, although that could change if Chelsea follow up their strong interest in midfielder Ross Barkley.

Chelsea are yet to hold discussions with Lukaku about his future, but he does not want to return to Stamford Bridge to sit on the substitutes’ bench and will have two years remaining on his contract at the end of the season.

Jose Mourinho, the Chelsea manager, will sign at least one new striker, with Atlético Madrid’s Diego Costa top of his wanted list, and expects at least two of Fernando Torres, Samuel Eto’o and Demba Ba to leave. There is also interest in Lukaku from Atlético and Borussia Dortmund.

Mourinho may well be prepared to let Lukaku go if it allows him to sign his transfer targets, having already cashed in on Kevin De Bruyne in January and sold Juan Mata to Manchester United.

Eto’o has hit form for Chelsea, scoring three goals in three games, and there is strong interest from the MLS and former club Real Mallorca in the 33-year-old, whose contract expires at the end of the season.

Eto’o suffered a hamstring injury in the 6-0 thrashing of Arsenal, which makes him a doubt for next week’s Champions League clash against Paris St-Germain.

“I have always dreamed of playing at the Parc des Princes [in Paris],” said Eto’o. “Unfortunately, Arsène Wenger’s 1,000th game might not allow me to be there. I don’t yet know, but I am going to work to get there.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...Lukaku-top-of-their-summer-shopping-list.html

Have to say, out of the two, I prefer Benteke to Lukaku - seems a natural comparison. Both will likely be available in the summer.

From what I've seen, I think Benteke has a better shot, wins more flick ons and is a better finisher.

A lot of Lukaku's finishes seem a bit fortunate, where he shanks it in, or bundles it home.

Physically, they seem pretty similar and I can't see an awful lot between their footwork.

What do people think? How about workrate and weaker feet?

I'm liking Bony the more I see of him. He's adapting to the PL fairly well and given the choice of the two I might opt for him instead of Lukaku. **** it I'd take either.

I would go for Bony just because finanically it would make more sense. I like him alot having watched him this season. I think him and Soldado or him and Adebayor would be a good partnership.

On the main subject.......not a chance would Chelsea sell us Lukaku. We should be going for the next Lukaku in Batshuayi from Standard. Watch him sign for someone else this summer and bang them in on a regular basis.

Do we need another striker like this if we have Ade next year? Could you play two together?

Yes, we need another striker even if we keep both Ade/Soldado

Right now our bench option is Kane, worse yet, Kane has started games for us.

I like a Lukaku/Benteke option, they are both strikers that bully CBs, nice option to have, not sure I want to pay anything above 15M for either of them however.

Sooo goodbye Kane?

I'd like for us to get Lukaku but I'm just so confused as to what our strategy is for the future. At this point i'm not even sure we have one.

Do we want to move towards a 4-4-2 diamond so we can use 2 upfront and Eriksen just off them, or are we looking to play a 4-2-3-1 with just one of our well-payed strikers? Whatever our plan is i'd like to see us make a decision and stick with it.

When you look at all the big sides over the last few years they have all been consistent with what formation and general philosophy they like to play... It feels to me like we've been buying players without any idea of how we're going to use them (Paulinho comes to mind) and a lot of times we're asking players to play out of their preferred position (i.e. Lennon off the striker?) which does nothing to help their own play. It's time we start actually thinking about what philosophy and formation we want to use and stick with it. Here's hoping LVG/Pocchettino(sp?) or somebody else can come in and create a period of consistency in playing philosophy.

Personally i'd be happy if we just kept what we got and sold one or two while buying a reliable LB option.

Just hoping we can get a manager in who can use the talents of Eriksen, Bentaleb, Holtby, Carroll, Soldado, and Siggurdson and still keep us solid defensively.

Chelsea sold Gallas and Diarra to Arsenal, Sturridge and Benayoun to Liverpool, and now this season Mata to Man Utd. But it really does feel as though Roman has a grudge against Spurs, probably from Levy refusing to sell the club to him before he bought Chelsea. Think of their pursuits of Arnesen and Modric. The way they came along and blew us out of the water when we were being heavily linked with Mata, Oscar and Hazard. I know that those three especially Hazard were in very high demand and would probably have never come to us anyway, but then they also signed Marko Marin and Willian just to stop us from getting them. I can't see them selling us Lukaku, even if Mourinho does agree to let him leave AND we can find the cash to pay for him.

Having said that, whilst he's clearly a hugely talented player, I'm not sure he's the type of striker that we need right now. He's basically a better version of Adebayor. What I think we really need isn't a "complete" striker, but a mobile, tricky one. The kind of player you don't like running at you in one-on-one situations. The kind who can skin an opposition defender and create a chance for himself. Too many times this season we've got the ball to our strikers in the final third but they don't have the technical ability to manoeuvre a clear sight of goal. We need a player in the Suarez/Aguero mould. Basically, a better version of Defoe. I'm hoping that Lamela can be that type of player for us, but if he can't, we need to look elsewhere.

For me, Lukaku for 17 million pounds would be a no-brainer. Name the last teenager (just turned 20) who has scored 1 in 2 in the league.

17 in 35 for a poor West Brom team, as a 19 year-old.
11 in 22 for Everton, as a 20 year-old.

For me, he has so many attributes outside of scoring goals and is the perfect striker to play up top on his own. That said, in the WBA season, he linked up fantastically with Shane Long and Odemwingie (I think it was him) and helped lead them to their best season in a long time. He's definitely the kind of footballer who terrifies defenders when running at them, and he can bully even the toughest strikers in the league. In interviews, he seems like a smart, well-spoken kid, and he always puts a shift in. I've been a fan of him for the last few years, and I think if Chelsea would sell for around 20 mil, I would do it in a second.

He's looked a little worn out recently, and he's obviously been injured a bit this season, but that's mostly because he's been Everton's only real central striker for huge stretches of the season. I think he would be perfect here to learn from either/both Ade or Soldado.

The real question would whether to then sell Adebayor, which we possibly could to Turkey or something after his excellent season, and keep Kane in that third striker role. Or, we could keep all 3, which would create a pretty excellent strikeforce. I really want Soldado to stay for at least another season.

I guess it would be a no-brainer if he's available. We don't get too many chances to sign players like that. I guess I'm too worried about "unbalanced squads" and all that having watched obviously talented players struggle to make any sort of impact after signing.

Clearly there is bad blood between the two clubs (not just the fans) I would be shocked to see any player swap clubs while Roman and Levy are still in place

Clearly there is bad blood between the two clubs (not just the fans) I would be shocked to see any player swap clubs while Roman and Levy are still in place

This is true, but money talks. If we give them say, L20 million, that helps them get Diego Costa/Mandzukic/Falcao/Bobby Zamora, it might tempt them.

That said, it's probably super unlikely that they'd do it. Think he'd be an ideal signing though and would likely hit the ground running and enjoy playing w/ all of our other Belgians. A Yid can dream...

This is true, but money talks. If we give them say, L20 million, that helps them get Diego Costa/Mandzukic/Falcao/Bobby Zamora, it might tempt them.

That said, it's probably super unlikely that they'd do it. Think he'd be an ideal signing though and would likely hit the ground running and enjoy playing w/ all of our other Belgians. A Yid can dream...

If he is available, then there would be a lot of teams interested in a potentially top striker for £20m without doubt some of which would be CL teams. Combine that with the fact we'd be bottom of the pile for who Chelsea would sell him to this deal has no chance...

He would be a great buy for us, but sadly just wont happen, only a pipedream. More chance of signing of RVP than Lukaku

For me, Lukaku for 17 million pounds would be a no-brainer. Name the last teenager (just turned 20) who has scored 1 in 2 in the league.

17 in 35 for a poor West Brom team, as a 19 year-old.
11 in 22 for Everton, as a 20 year-old.

For me, he has so many attributes outside of scoring goals and is the perfect striker to play up top on his own. That said, in the WBA season, he linked up fantastically with Shane Long and Odemwingie (I think it was him) and helped lead them to their best season in a long time. He's definitely the kind of footballer who terrifies defenders when running at them, and he can bully even the toughest strikers in the league. In interviews, he seems like a smart, well-spoken kid, and he always puts a shift in. I've been a fan of him for the last few years, and I think if Chelsea would sell for around 20 mil, I would do it in a second.

He's looked a little worn out recently, and he's obviously been injured a bit this season, but that's mostly because he's been Everton's only real central striker for huge stretches of the season. I think he would be perfect here to learn from either/both Ade or Soldado.

The real question would whether to then sell Adebayor, which we possibly could to Turkey or something after his excellent season, and keep Kane in that third striker role. Or, we could keep all 3, which would create a pretty excellent strikeforce. I really want Soldado to stay for at least another season.

I agree with all of this except out ability to sell Ade - not a chance. Nobody will match his wages so he's going nowhere unless we tear up his contract.

If we sign Lukaku I will dye my pubes a multitude of colours

Does FFP now mean that Chelsea will have to try and make a few quid in order to fund future big money moves for Falcao or Costa etc.?

If there was no FFP they could just loan him out again but it seems they want to cash in.

Back