• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lukaku

I thought they were going to introduce a law about how many players you were allowed to loan out to stop clubs farming up all the young talent.

If football's governing bodies had any balls, they would've introduced these rules years ago. Unfortunately they don't, which is why clubs like Chelski will continue to make a mockery of the loan system for years to come.

I've said it before and I'll keep repeating it: Introduce a max squad size of 25 players + max 3 more on loan, and stockpiling players will simply not be an option anymore. Consequently the transfer market will cool down as most clubs will need to sell before they buy, which in turn will contribute to a more level playing field.

In that world, far fewer talents like Lukaku would be owned by wealthy clubs and loaned out to lower placed teams. Instead these players would be owned by aspiring clubs like us and Liverpool, which would increase the competitiveness of the PL and close the gap between the Sky Four and the rest. Which in my eyes is only a good thing.

With such rules in place, Lukaku would be a realistic option for us. Without them, he is out of reach, along with all the other stockpiled talent.

If football's governing bodies had any balls, they would've introduced these rules years ago. Unfortunately they don't, which is why clubs like Chelski will continue to make a mockery of the loan system for years to come.

I've said it before and I'll keep repeating it: Introduce a max squad size of 25 players + max 3 more on loan, and stockpiling players will simply not be an option anymore. Consequently the transfer market will cool down as most clubs will need to sell before they buy, which in turn will contribute to a more level playing field.

In that world, far fewer talents like Lukaku would be owned by wealthy clubs and loaned out to lower placed teams. Instead these players would be owned by aspiring clubs like us and Liverpool, which would increase the competitiveness of the PL and close the gap between the Sky Four and the rest. Which in my eyes is only a good thing.

With such rules in place, Lukaku would be a realistic option for us. Without them, he is out of reach, along with all the other stockpiled talent.

Three on loan? You would have to exclude the U21's from that or the youth system would go backwards. And then it wouldn't affect Lukaku as he's only 20.

Last edited:

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php

"Stockpiling" will be coming to an end soon if I have understood this correctly.

Three on loan? You would have to exclude the U21's from that or the youth system would go backwards.

Just a number from the top of my head - obviously you'd need to design such rules so that academy players don't suffer from it.

My point is that the loan system doesn't work the way it is supposed to do today. It needs to be changed and/or regulated in a sensible way, because surely it was never intended to allow wealthy clubs to stockpile talented players to hinder competition?

Just a number from the top of my head - obviously you'd need to design such rules so that academy players don't suffer from it.

My point is that the loan system doesn't work the way it is supposed to do today. It needs to be changed and/or regulated in a sensible way, because surely it was never intended to allow wealthy clubs to stockpile talented players to hinder competition?

I guess you could allow players who have been at a club for X number of years to go on loan.

Would make young players much less likely to leave their parent club and increase the spread of talented youth around more clubs.

I guess you could allow players who have been at a club for X number of years to go on loan.

Would make young players much less likely to leave their parent club and increase the spread of talented youth around more clubs.

Yep, something like that. One loan quota (three players) for any player that have been in the club for f.ex. three years or less, and another quota (three more) for players that have been at the club for more than three years + is under 21 years of age.

It doesn't have to be very complicated to be effective, IMO. If a simple mind like mine can come up with this concept, then I see no reason why UEFA/FIFA shouldn't consider it - other than that they are under pressure from the poweful clubs that will suffer as a consequence of such rules. And I'm sure they are pretty happy making money from status quo as well.

would Chelsea sell us Lukaku?

Rumours they might be looking to sell, I do not think Mourinho likes him for what Chelsea and Mourinho are trying to do they will always want the very best in the world and Lukaku probably does not come into that category, though I think he could in the future. But clubs like Chelsea need everything instantly.

I know we are big rivals but after they sold Mata to Man U maybe we would have a chance Gordon Durie turned out pretty well when we signed him from them but we were probably the bigger team at the time. With no AVB here I think Lukaku would go for the move as well, do you think they would sell him to us?

Re: would Chelsea sell us Lukaku?

Would they sell us an unpolished turd?

I very much doubt it, there's the rivalary and Mournhio has never sold to us, he always has stated that he expects us to be title contenders soon. That's still not happened and he's been saying it for years but he still wouldn't sell to us.

I think the Mata deal was one of those occasions where he saw United down, they offered a lot of money for a player he didn't need at a time when not many clubs make big moves. Lukaku in the summer on the back of what will probably be a good World Cup for him is a different matter. The asking price will be VERY high and to be honest I can still see him staying anyway.

Out of interest I notice you say with no AVB here, why would AVB being here have stopped him from joining? Do the two dislike each other?

I very much doubt it, there's the rivalary and Mournhio has never sold to us, he always has stated that he expects us to be title contenders soon. That's still not happened and he's been saying it for years but he still wouldn't sell to us.

I think the Mata deal was one of those occasions where he saw United down, they offered a lot of money for a player he didn't need at a time when not many clubs make big moves. Lukaku in the summer on the back of what will probably be a good World Cup for him is a different matter. The asking price will be VERY high and to be honest I can still see him staying anyway.

Out of interest I notice you say with no AVB here, why would AVB being here have stopped him from joining? Do the two dislike each other?[/QUOTE]

They fell out big time when AVB was at Chelsea, rumour has it

I would still have Lukaku in a heartbeat, but cant see Chelsea letting him out on loan again next season. Thats the department where they need strengthening

Out of interest I notice you say with no AVB here, why would AVB being here have stopped him from joining? Do the two dislike each other?

Yeah he hated AVB which is another reason to like him. Though I think it was because AVB did not play him but then neither did the 2 managers after him. Sounded at the time to me like a promising young player expecting to play when that is always going to be difficult at a club competing for the title. He would not sadly have that if he came here.

I would still have Lukaku in a heartbeat, but cant see Chelsea letting him out on loan again next season. Thats the department where they need strengthening

I meant to sign permanently, I do not think they will give him the strikers spot a bit like with sturridge. Think they will go for someone like Costa.

Yeah he hated AVB which is another reason to like him. Though I think it was because AVB did not play him but then neither did the 2 managers after him. Sounded at the time to me like a promising young player expecting to play when that is always going to be difficult at a club competing for the title. He would not sadly have that if he came here.

Yep Lukaku didn't like AVB one bit.

I would be over the moon if we bid and it was accepted. I think he would make a great partnership with Soldado next season

I know he rates Mousa...

Lukaku had positive words to say about fellow Belgian international, Moussa Dembele of Tottenham, talking up his midfield abilities.

"With the ball at his foot, he is the best player in the Premier League. It's almost impossible to take the ball (from him)."

Back