• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lukaku

Re: would Chelsea sell us Lukaku?

I was keen for us to sign Lukaku, before he joined Chelsea. I'm even more so now that he has demonstrated his skills in the Premiership.

Would be an amazing signing but I just don't see them selling to us at all. They obviously wouldn't sell to City or Liverpool now and I doubt they would sell to Arsenal. Man Utd wouldn't be in for him with all the forwards they have which means here it would be between Everton and Tottenham. Everton would never be able to afford him and I think they would just about still see us a possible threat and refuse to do business. Lets hope they don't view us as a threat at all and therefore have no issue in selling to us

A new striker is not the magic pill that will solve what's wrong with the team.
Its like covering a cake of **** in some fancy icing.

Fix central midfield, sort out the mess at the back.

But Tottenham fans have a hard-on for 30m plus strikers and wingers.
Levy/Sherwood knows this and is leaking this Lukaku/Benteke crap to the press and you are all lapping it up.

It's Lukaku's agent that's talking about it trying to drum up as much interest in his client as possible.
It is not in Levy's interest for this news to come out. Regardless of how many keyboard warriors it may please.

Just saw the Bentekkers news, ****! Really wanted him. I guess he can have his recovery at Villa, get a few games under his belt then join us fresh in January

Hmmmmmm

(via Guardian) Tottenham Hotspur have inquired about signing Romelu Lukaku from Chelsea this summer.

Lukaku's agent, Christophe Henrotay, has said that he has spoken to the Tottenham chairman, Daniel Levy, about the possibility of his client moving to White Hart Lane, although Everton, with whom the Belgium striker is currently on a season-long loan, appear to be at the front of the queue for his signature.

Lukaku has thrived under Roberto Martínez at Goodison Park, scoring 12 goals in 24 Premier League appearances to help Everton's Champions League challenge, and the club would take a bold step towards a top-four finish if they could beat Arsenal at home on Sunday. Lukaku's ambition is to play Champions League football; Everton want him, regardless.

"I'm looking for a club for Romelu," Henrotay said. "And yes, I've talked to Daniel Levy once, but that doesn't mean Romelu will definitely join Spurs. That's not a talking point at this moment.

"There aren't 20 teams that can afford to buy Romelu. He won't go from Everton to, let's say, Swansea. There's also a difference between Everton that plays against relegation and an Everton that fights for European football."

Christian Benteke, Lukaku's Belgium team-mate, has also drawn admiring glances from Tottenham with the club continuing to monitor the former Genk forward having failed to sign him last summer.

Spurs had been keen to explore the possibility of doing a deal at the end of this campaign. However, that now appears unlikely following the news that Benteke had suffered a severe achilles injury in training on Thursday, potentially ruling him out of the rest of the season including the World Cup.

Levy said on Wednesday that he would "not look to a summer of major upheaval but rather to strengthen in key areas", and centre-forward is one such position.

When Levy sanctioned the departure of Jermain Defoe to Toronto at the end of February, he left the squad with only two established strikers – Emmanuel Adebayor and Roberto Soldado – plus the 20-year-old Harry Kane, in whom Sherwood has shown faith.

Lukaku arrived at Chelsea in August 2011 from Anderlecht in a deal that was initially worth £11m, with add-ons that could take the fee to £18m, and he was determined to make his mark at the club that he followed when he was younger. The 20-year-old's affection for Chelsea was based, in no small measure, on his admiration for Didier Drogba.

But Lukaku struggled for opportunities in his first season at Stamford Bridge and, denied the chance to find a groove, his form suffered and he failed to score. He was loaned to West Bromwich Albion last season, where he scored 17 league goals and has also prospered at Everton but, despite José Mourinho's expected clear‑out of strikers this summer, Lukaku does not appear to have a future at his parent club.

Everton's push to beat Tottenham to Lukaku this summer could be aided by the bad blood between Chelsea and Spurs at boardroom level. This dates to Levy's refusal to entertain Chelsea's offer for Luka Modric in 2011 and it was evident again last summer in the fight to sign Willian from Anzhi Makhachkala. Chelsea won and they revelled in snatching the player from under Tottenham's noses.

Pretty obvious we're being used as bait either for a new contract or for a deal with an overseas club.

Still, it's fun to dream.

I also think Benteke's injury gives us more chance of signing him too.

Pretty obvious we're being used as bait either for a new contract or for a deal with an overseas club.

Still, it's fun to dream.

I also think Benteke's injury gives us more chance of signing him too.

This. I also think we might be happy to play along in the hope it might take their eye off who our real targets are (in terms of perhaps them needing to sell before they buy which might stop them gazumping us so easily a la Willian)

Depends how much Cheat$ki give a **** anymore .. really looks like the PL will settle into a 2 horse race (City/Cheat$ki, I don't believe Pool will sustain for a number of reasons).

They have FPP, they will probably let Lukaku go if a decent, early offer comes along, I don't really see them feeling threatened by us.

Depends how much Cheat$ki give a **** anymore .. really looks like the PL will settle into a 2 horse race (City/Cheat$ki, I don't believe Pool will sustain for a number of reasons).

They have FPP, they will probably let Lukaku go if a decent, early offer comes along, I don't really see them feeling threatened by us.

Yep they do not worry about us, it is why Mourinho is always nice about us just as Ferguson always was.

Yep they do not worry about us, it is why Mourinho is always nice about us just as Ferguson always was.

Eh? Did you see how much he smirked when they hijacked the Willian deal? Also did you see how dismissive of us after the 4-0 a weeks ago (about how we pass, pass, pass, but don't threaten)?

No I don't buy it that Mourinho/Chelski don't feel threatened by us. Yes they'll finish way ahead of us this season, but they know the gap between us is not insurmountable at all (given that we finished above them 2 years ago, and were only 3/4 points off them last season). Where we don't challenge them is wages, but there are only so many players (esp young) that they can buy and loan out and they know this imo

Eh? Did you see how much he smirked when they hijacked the Willian deal? Also did you see how dismissive of us after the 4-0 a weeks ago (about how we pass, pass, pass, but don't threaten)?

No I don't buy it that Mourinho/Chelski don't feel threatened by us. Yes they'll finish way ahead of us this season, but they know the gap between us is not insurmountable at all (given that we finished above them 2 years ago, and were only 3/4 points off them last season). Where we don't challenge them is wages, but there are only so many players (esp young) that they can buy and loan out and they know this imo

I think that was more about 2 fingers up to AVB, on a personal note.... although he may have had some concern at the time, ie we had just signed the Beatles... now he knows we signed the boomtown rats, he would see us less as an imminent threat.

I think that was more about 2 fingers up to AVB, on a personal note.... although he may have had some concern at the time, ie we had just signed the Beatles... now he knows we signed the boomtown rats, he would see us less as an imminent threat.

But a fit, motivated Lukaku could easily make us challengers. Mourinho has done some mad things this season alone, but selling us Lukaku would be the maddest. He'll know despite the way our season has gone that it wouldn't take much for us to challenge again next season with a good coach and instilled strategy (look at Liverpool; they're squad is not as good us ours imo, they are just more settled).

Nah, move along people, nothing to see hear..:-"

Yeah I just do not think they are threatened by us, they like to take the **** out of us. I kind of think everyone does but maybe I am just overly sensitive. If they sold Mata to man u I think they would be fine with selling Lukaku to us.

As someone else said the FFP rules will make them sell him to someone.

But a fit, motivated Lukaku could easily make us challengers. Mourinho has done some mad things this season alone, but selling us Lukaku would be the maddest. He'll know despite the way our season has gone that it wouldn't take much for us to challenge again next season with a good coach and instilled strategy (look at Liverpool; they're squad is not as good us ours imo, they are just more settled).

Nah, move along people, nothing to see hear..:-"

But we were supposed to be challenging this season, and who know who we'll lose in the summer. I think he'll always know there's a potential threat, but I we're at least 2-phases away of being a threat.. at the best of times.
But I think the coach/manager decision will dictate the outcome this time. If we got LVG, I don't see it happening.
If Tim stays, I can see it happening.

Sh1t, I didn't realise Lukaku was almost 1 in 2 over 142 senior league games at age of 20:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romelu_Lukaku

I knew he was a handful, but I didn't realise the end product was that good. Absolutely baffling that Mourinho - the man who made Drogba - seems ambivalent.

But we were supposed to be challenging this season, and who know who we'll lose in the summer. I think he'll always know there's a potential threat, but I we're at least 2-phases away of being a threat.. at the best of times.
But I think the coach/manager decision will dictate the outcome this time. If we got LVG, I don't see it happening.
If Tim stays, I can see it happening.

That make me laugh but it's so true :ross::ross::ross:

That make me laugh but it's so true :ross::ross::ross:

I say that, and to be honest, I'm not anti Tim, far from it... but I think it's a possible scenario, and brings me to the my own conclusion over what's best for the club.
If you are any one of the current top4, who's going to give you the biggest worry, even at the end of next season, Tim or LVG?

Sh1t, I didn't realise Lukaku was almost 1 in 2 over 142 senior league games at age of 20:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romelu_Lukaku

I knew he was a handful, but I didn't realise the end product was that good. Absolutely baffling that Mourinho - the man who made Drogba - seems ambivalent.

His end product is good but his all round play still has a long way to go and that's why IMO Mourinho will sell him. He is very raw but the potential is best served at a club that will allow him that development.

Chelsea is not that club and I thought that from day 1, but I also thought they would at least play him

They have ear marked better finished articles and whoever buys Lukaka will pay a big chunk of that fee

It's the same thing Madrid did replacing Ozil with Bale... Fine margins but an improvement none the less

Back