• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Luis Diaz

Speed wouldn’t of made any difference whatsoever. The player would have known of Liverpool’s interest, he was never going to sign for us without checking whether Liverpool were going to come back in for him and clearly they were always going to as he has been on their radar for a while….

But would Liverpool have matched the bid, just seems an odd way to approach it.

I am not overly converned about this player as if we have 40 million going spare we have other issues.

I would also rather us go for top players and be knocked back

Firstly I don’t see an issue with trying for a top player if he is considered available, people complain when we go for ‘budget’ options so no harm seeing if we can do the deal.

As for time and energy, how much time does it take to submit a bid? Do you think Paratici has just been twiddling his thumbs since? It’s well known he works on many deals at one time. The only real time and energy is people spending hour after hour reading about the same rumour on Twitter…..

Quite a while to work out the monies etc, not as simple as whacking in a phone call.

Think us bidding has forced Liverpool to move on a target they looked at last Summer. He was never coming to us.

We are wasting a window chasing non starters by the look of it .

Or could be Porto putting out a story to get us up to their price?

Third party ownership
Image rights
Poch prioritised GLC

We'll see with Diaz I guess but once again I am left wondering just how serious this whole link is.

Yes, but the Liverpool story could be garbage too. Lets hope Paratici has something up his sleeve

Yes, but the Liverpool story could be garbage too. Lets hope Paratici has something up his sleeve

Of course, history tells you it probably isn't but who fudging knows at this point in the window

Even if we are serious about signing this bloke, why we spending this type of money on a player we don't particularly need compared to the other positions that need attention? Find the whole thing odd.

Of course, history tells you it probably isn't but who fudging knows at this point in the window

Even if we are serious about signing this bloke, why we spending this type of money on a player we don't particularly need compared to the other positions that need attention? Find the whole thing odd.

Agree that I think there are higher priorities but I'd hope that Conte is behind it, in which case I am too. To be honest, we have so many holes in our squad that signing almost anyone who Conte is going to use is a benefit

I just hope we get to Mon night have made one or two signings, and somewhat meaningful signings, otherwise seeing other clubs make moves for players and us stand still will be beyond frustrating

Agree that I think there are higher priorities but I'd hope that Conte is behind it, in which case I am too. To be honest, we have so many holes in our squad that signing almost anyone who Conte is going to use is a benefit

I just hope we get to Mon night have made one or two signings, and somewhat meaningful signings, otherwise seeing other clubs make moves for players and us stand still will be beyond frustrating

The Tottenham way brother!

Agreed on everything else.

If we don't do anything of note in the next few days and Conte starts to kick off about it in the media etc then I really don't think Levy can survive in this current role.

I know that Liverpool have been interested in him since the summer, that was when I first heard about the player, he was regarded as the best footballer playing in Portugal back then.

If we don't do anything of note in the next few days and Conte starts to kick off about it in the media etc then I really don't think Levy can survive in this current role.

Yep. We can't lose as a club - either Conte is backed, or we begin to excise those deadweight owners as public opinion turns and people realize that they're both cheap, uncaring chancers out to make a quick buck off a proud old club, and always have been.

The tide is turning. The club is healing. Their time, hopefully, is ending. 20 long, grinding years - time to dream again. ;)

Yep. We can't lose as a club - either Conte is backed, or we begin to excise those deadweight owners as public opinion turns and people realize that they're both cheap, uncaring chancers out to make a quick buck off a proud old club, and always have been.

The tide is turning. The club is healing. Their time, hopefully, is ending. 20 long, grinding years - time to dream again. ;)
You expect Levy to step down because he didn't buy players for Conte? I don't think so. I still trust Levy to make the calls for Spurs. There is a 'small' problem of getting rid of players who have sizeable impacts on the club's finances due to wages etc.

Who will get rid of Levy? The fans? If you want him out then organise the financing to get him out. We are making Daniel Levy appear to be a toxic individual. He isn't. If you want a toxic leader there are quite a few current leaders in Nigeria that I can show you.

Reactions: DTA
Just another farce of our dealings. Liverpool come in, and offered what was asked. We dingdong around £4M difference whilst paying Levy £7m a year as the highest paid chairman in the league.

Levy won't pay extra for players but will continually refuse to sell for anything less than maximum of what he wants.

Who will get rid of Levy? The fans? If you want him out then organise the financing to get him out. We are making Daniel Levy appear to be a toxic individual. He isn't. If you want a toxic leader there are quite a few current leaders in Nigeria that I can show you.

I don't think he or ENIC leave the football club in any event, but his current role as chairman could soon be completely untenable.

They aren't selling the club anytime soon, think people need to get that out of their heads as being remotely possible.

You expect Levy to step down because he didn't buy players for Conte? I don't think so. I still trust Levy to make the calls for Spurs. There is a 'small' problem of getting rid of players who have sizeable impacts on the club's finances due to wages etc.

Oh, I'm sure he'll try to cling on. Maybe release another of those Baghdad Bob-style interviews with club media where he deftly avoids the question of whether he or Lewis will actually invest any dosh.

I also think it will be an increasingly unpleasant experience for him as half the ground is empty and the other half sings for him to f*ck off, as already happened against United at home and Leicester away this season. And eventually, the opprobrium will wear him down, the spineless, cheap deadweight that he is.

Nothing changes overnight, certainly not a toxic influence that has lingered for 20 years. But toxic it is, mate - make no mistake. The big problem at the club that Poch referred to, Mourinho referred to, Nuno referred to, Conte is referring to - truth be told, it's at the top.

No need. More than one way to get rid of deadweights - fan opprobrium, as I keep reminding folks, is a powerful thing and has achieved more change than people sometimes realise.

We can do it too, I believe that.

Back