• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Luis Diaz

Seems like it was inevitable that Diaz's agents would make Liverpool aware of our attempts and once we looked like we were getting close to an agreement with Porto then it was for Liverpool to decide whether or not to bring forward their summer plans. Unfortunately they decided to do so. Maybe we could have increased whatever terms we had agreed with Diaz to try to persuade him, but it sounds like Liverpool was always going to be his preferred option.

Seems like it was inevitable that Diaz's agents would make Liverpool aware of our attempts and once we looked like we were getting close to an agreement with Porto then it was for Liverpool to decide whether or not to bring forward their summer plans. Unfortunately they decided to do so. Maybe we could have increased whatever terms we had agreed with Diaz to try to persuade him, but it sounds like Liverpool was always going to be his preferred option.

Losing out on players to Barcelona and Liverpool will happen if they push for players we also want.

Ultimately Liverpool weren't willing to let him sign for us.

I think there can be a benefit to waiting until later in the window like we did now. Limited time for other clubs to decide on a move, perhaps makes it slightly less likely that they will swoop in.

Didn't work in this instance it seems, but such is life.

Good try, now try again for someone else.

Is true that Paratici has a lot of deals moving at the same time we'll hopefully be able to jump to another good deal.

Am i missing something? He hasn't signed for anyone yet. Us and liverpool have both had bids accepted.

Oh, I'm sure he'll try to cling on. Maybe release another of those Baghdad Bob-style interviews with club media where he deftly avoids the question of whether he or Lewis will actually invest any dosh.

I also think it will be an increasingly unpleasant experience for him as half the ground is empty and the other half sings for him to f*ck off, as already happened against United at home and Leicester away this season. And eventually, the opprobrium will wear him down, the spineless, cheap deadweight that he is.

Nothing changes overnight, certainly not a toxic influence that has lingered for 20 years. But toxic it is, mate - make no mistake. The big problem at the club that Poch referred to, Mourinho referred to, Nuno referred to, Conte is referring to - truth be told, it's at the top.

No need. More than one way to get rid of deadweights - fan opprobrium, as I keep reminding folks, is a powerful thing and has achieved more change than people sometimes realise.

We can do it too, I believe that.

Be careful what you wish for!
Levy is not perfect but I don’t see much better around unless we are will to risk all going for money, which rarely comes without drawbacks

Funny thing is, had Liverpool just gone and signed him this window no one on here would have complained that we didn’t. But because we had the audacity to try and sign a very good player and actually missed out people are going off on the usual rants. I’m glad we at least tried, if you don’t ask you don’t get.

Good news is, we have funds available for the right quality player….

Funny thing is, had Liverpool just gone and signed him this window no one on here would have complained that we didn’t. But because we had the audacity to try and sign a very good player and actually missed out people are going off on the usual rants. I’m glad we at least tried, if you don’t ask you don’t get.

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

hahahahahahahaahahahahamwgahahaaaaaaaaaaaa

I suspect we do - see later summer with Romero, Gil etc

We're bloody short at the moment though....

As I stated on here yesterday, we were not going to sign him, so I am not surprised.

But when we fail to sign players one of the reoccurring patterns seem to be make a bid that has no chance of being accepted and then we get knocked back back, someone else then makes a higher bid and signs the player.

Anyway, time to move on.

Next

I suspect we do - see later summer with Romero, Gil etc

We're bloody short at the moment though....
Yeah we need a body or 2, personally I still think we will get 3 in. The midfielder on loan from Fiorentina, Spence from Boro and a left field signing…..

So Day 28 and nobody signed. Maybe we will have Ndombele, Dele & Lo Celso on the bench next match

I think Ndombele will leave on loan and we'll bring in Amrabat. If thats the case, it'll be a hugely underwhelming window. We all know that January is difficult but when there are so many gaps in the squad....

The joy of transfer windows.
It’s like listening to young children on Christmas Eve night.

Yes, but if my kids had toys which didnt work or weren't fit for purpose I'd try to get them a new toy or two if I could afford it. That said, I do think we're hampered by Spurs needing to sell our unwanted toys before we buy new ones.

I cant believe that Paratici doesnt want to do deals

Back