• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Leandro Trossard

And that's how you do transfers. Wasnt too bothered about signing him either, but the point is, Arsenal fancied him, got it signed, no stupid bids, sorted, job done

But the fact that they were prepared to back their manager to that sort of money initially ... says it all. They got structure and a plan to back their manager. We got haggling and loans
They didn’t back him
That’s why they didn’t get him

But the fact that they were prepared to back their manager to that sort of money initially ... says it all. They got structure and a plan to back their manager. We got haggling and loans

We wanted Bastoni- couldn't get him in last summer as the price was too high, like Arsrnal with Mudryk, so moved on to our plan b in Lenglet.

People will moan about the club even when it's doing what they want it to

We wanted Bastoni- couldn't get him in last summer so had a plan b in Lenglet.

Tbf they are spending the money they didn’t use on the player they wanted to buy other players
I actually think it’s better business too

Tbf they are spending the money they didn’t use on the player they wanted to buy other players
I actually think it’s better business too

Maybe, they had a primary target who you'd think was going to be a starter given the valuation, they missed out on him because the price was too high and have bought a much cheaper option who you'd think isn't going to threaten the starting positions.

Can't help but think that the same circumstances for us would see criticism, not the praise that some are giving them

Maybe, they had a primary target who you'd think was going to be a starter given the valuation, they missed out on him because the price was too high and have bought a much cheaper option who you'd think isn't going to threaten the starting positions.

Can't help but think that the same circumstances for us would see criticism, not the praise that some are giving them
Oh our fans would have had kittens
But then we’re not too and everything isn’t rosey for us
Hell whoever we sign they will be brick for a lot of fans
The Juve two were rejects don’t forget

We've spent quite a lot of money in recent windows. Let's see what this window actually brings before concluding on what we got?

I would have been happy with Trossard for the kind of cut price deal we tried to make happen. I would not have been happy with us paying what Arsenal reportedly paid for him. Not because he's not good, he is good, but he's not worth that to us with the number of other positions we need to improve on.

I would have been happy with Trossard for the kind of cut price deal we tried to make happen. I would not have been happy with us paying what Arsenal reportedly paid for him. Not because he's not good, he is good, but he's not worth that to us with the number of other positions we need to improve on.
Agreed, every player has a "good value price" and USUALLY we should not go far over that, especially for someone with Trossard's record/age.

We wanted Bastoni- couldn't get him in last summer as the price was too high, like Arsrnal with Mudryk, so moved on to our plan b in Lenglet.

There’s a rather big gap between A and B there.

Bastoni is out of our league at the moment I'm afraid. If he left, CHelsea, Man C and various others would be in for him. Ditto Barella, Chiesa, Hakimi and a few other names which pop up on here regularly

I'm not bothered about Trossard, but am amused that no one in the football world takes Levy's humming and hawing even remotely seriously anymore - even the agent of some rando like Trossard calls us out for the way we do business. :p
Except it's Paratici that does the deals now, not Levy, but don't let that stop you putting the boot into Levy. And in fairness to Paratici, I'd hope Trossard was well down our list of targets and he was/is after those higher on the list.

I'm not bothered about Trossard, but am amused that no one in the football world takes Levy's humming and hawing even remotely seriously anymore - even the agent of some rando like Trossard calls us out for the way we do business. :p

Its a great fake quote though

Its literally shown nowhere else, quoted absolutely nowhere except 101 goals which uses this tweet as the source.

Fake News

Its a great fake quote though

Its literally shown nowhere else, quoted absolutely nowhere except 101 goals which uses this tweet as the source.

Fake News

Nope.

100% real, sorry to say. :p

Although to be fair, it isn't exactly as described. The specific bit of the article -

In the last 24 hours everything has accelerated. “On Wednesday I myself called Edu Gaspar, the Brazilian technical director of Arsenal,” said Comhair. [....] Marseille were interested and I also talked to Tottenham. But they wanted to wait.
On Thursday morning, Arsenal contacted Brighton and they sat down around the table. Thursday evening [...] a delegation from Arsenal went to pick up Leandro in Brighton for a medical check-up."

Last edited:
Except it's Paratici that does the deals now, not Levy, but don't let that stop you putting the boot into Levy. And in fairness to Paratici, I'd hope Trossard was well down our list of targets and he was/is after those higher on the list.

I have zero idea if Paratici is doing our deals or banged up abroad at the moment - but I know this behaviour when I see it, it's Levy's hallmark and has been for all 22 years he's been here. Hell, it was why we spent ages haggling over a player Conte didn't even want in Djed Spence - I think it was reported at the time that it was Levy doing that deal.

I agree on Trossard, but we have concluded the third week of this window with fudge all happening while everyone around us has made moves, so I'm doubtful there is someone higher up on that list.

Back