• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Leandro Trossard

I have zero idea if Paratici is doing our deals or banged up abroad at the moment - but I know this behaviour when I see it, it's Levy's hallmark and has been for all 22 years he's been here. Hell, it was why we spent ages haggling over a player Conte didn't even want in Djed Spence - I think it was reported at the time that it was Levy doing that deal.

I agree on Trossard, but we have concluded the third week of this window with fudge all happening while everyone around us has made moves, so I'm doubtful there is someone higher up on that list.
Have Saudi Sportswashing Machine brought anyone?

Have Saudi Sportswashing Machine brought anyone?

Doesn't matter about Saudi Sportswashing Machine, its about what we need, that is to be decisive and make additions urgently. Players should have been identified and bright to give the manager the best chance to bed them in and achieve.

I have zero idea if Paratici is doing our deals or banged up abroad at the moment - but I know this behaviour when I see it, it's Levy's hallmark and has been for all 22 years he's been here. Hell, it was why we spent ages haggling over a player Conte didn't even want in Djed Spence - I think it was reported at the time that it was Levy doing that deal.

I agree on Trossard, but we have concluded the third week of this window with fudge all happening while everyone around us has made moves, so I'm doubtful there is someone higher up on that list.

Yep, it's obvious that we deliberately wanted to drag this out to the last day. Couldn't possibly be that he was third or fourth choice on a list and we just wanted to see if there was any interest there and maybe delay a move to another club while we worked on our top target.

Yep, it's obvious that we deliberately wanted to drag this out to the last day. Couldn't possibly be that he was third or fourth choice on a list and we just wanted to see if there was any interest there and maybe delay a move to another club while we worked on our top target.
Sorry but whilst I am not one to go overboard on the Levy/ENIC criticism I seriously doubt this is true.

Would be a nice fuzzy warm little story to tell ourselves that we keep delaying our deals to secure our main targets but that is just fantasy land stuff. In fact quite the opposite tends to be true, we have to wait and see who the actual big boys spend on first to see what’s left for us because we get blown out of the water. People keep quoting Kulu as an example, he wasn’t even our main target:D Remember Diaz? It was only when Liverpool came in at the last minute that we then went back in for Kulu - we can argue who is the better player but that was the case.

Fact is it was clearly obvious way before this window started that we were struggling in certain areas and needed reinforcements ASAP. I really am surprised that we are still waiting to land anyone, I’m not going to speculate on the reasons why but it is costing us and can only prey by the end of the window we are seeing things in a very different light…..

Sorry but whilst I am not one to go overboard on the Levy/ENIC criticism I seriously doubt this is true.

Would be a nice fuzzy warm little story to tell ourselves that we keep delaying our deals to secure our main targets but that is just fantasy land stuff. In fact quite the opposite tends to be true, we have to wait and see who the actual big boys spend on first to see what’s left for us because we get blown out of the water. People keep quoting Kulu as an example, he wasn’t even our main target:D Remember Diaz? It was only when Liverpool came in at the last minute that we then went back in for Kulu - we can argue who is the better player but that was the case.

Fact is it was clearly obvious way before this window started that we were struggling in certain areas and needed reinforcements ASAP. I really am surprised that we are still waiting to land anyone, I’m not going to speculate on the reasons why but it is costing us and can only prey by the end of the window we are seeing things in a very different light…..

Working on multiple deals at the same time, looking to see what kind of deals can be made for different players has been described as Paratici's modus operandi repeatedly.

We saw it last January, if rumours are to be believed. Kulusevski and Diaz, Amrabat and Bentancur. Perhaps more I don't remember right now, or potential deals being worked on that didn't lead to credible links on the press.

Sure, we can't buy someone if a more attractive club comes in for that player with a matching or better offer. That's part of it too, but it's not one or the other.

Working on multiple deals at the same time, looking to see what kind of deals can be made for different players has been described as Paratici's modus operandi repeatedly.

We saw it last January, if rumours are to be believed. Kulusevski and Diaz, Amrabat and Bentancur. Perhaps more I don't remember right now, or potential deals being worked on that didn't lead to credible links on the press.

Sure, we can't buy someone if a more attractive club comes in for that player with a matching or better offer. That's part of it too, but it's not one or the other.
Of course multiple deals are being worked on, which is the case for the majority of clubs excluding the elite who can go and get their first choice. You still have an order of preference, we aren’t going to sign all of our targets. Diaz was our main target and we thought we had him (I don’t really understand why as he seemed he had his heart set on Liverpool and they were always going to be kept up to speed of any other club going in for him), and if we signed him we wouldn’t of got Kulu. I’m not particularly bothered about Trossard, but let’s not pretend our first choice targets just oh so conveniently we have to wait until the last day of the window to sign and players signed elsewhere by other clubs quicker we just never really wanted anyway…..

Nope.

100% real, sorry to say. :p

Although to be fair, it isn't exactly as described. The specific bit of the article -

In the last 24 hours everything has accelerated. “On Wednesday I myself called Edu Gaspar, the Brazilian technical director of Arsenal,” said Comhair. [....] Marseille were interested and I also talked to Tottenham. But they wanted to wait.
On Thursday morning, Arsenal contacted Brighton and they sat down around the table. Thursday evening [...] a delegation from Arsenal went to pick up Leandro in Brighton for a medical check-up."

That is quite different to the fake tweet.

So you've know idea who was doing the deal but blame Levy - your hallmark ;)

It's been repeated dozens of times here, Conte has stated it was a club decision that he agreed with to sign Spence.

Just because you're doubtful there is someone higher up on the list doesn't mean there isn't. I'd be pretty confident that Zaniolo is our first choice for an attacking signing.

Doesn't matter about Saudi Sportswashing Machine, its about what we need, that is to be decisive and make additions urgently. Players should have been identified and bright to give the manager the best chance to bed them in and achieve.
Sorry I thought you said everyone around us…

Nope.

Although to be fair, it isn't exactly as described. The specific bit of the article -

In the last 24 hours everything has accelerated. “On Wednesday I myself called Edu Gaspar, the Brazilian technical director of Arsenal,” said Comhair. [....] Marseille were interested and I also talked to Tottenham. But they wanted to wait.
On Thursday morning, Arsenal contacted Brighton and they sat down around the table. Thursday evening [...] a delegation from Arsenal went to pick up Leandro in Brighton for a medical check-up."

I talked to Tottenham, and? Thats a very vague statement, especially as he names exactly who he spoke to at arsenal.
Sounds gonads to me.

Nope.

Do you think he wss out first choice for the position?

Except it's Paratici that does the deals now, not Levy, but don't let that stop you putting the boot into Levy. And in fairness to Paratici, I'd hope Trossard was well down our list of targets and he was/is after those higher on the list.

He loves this time of the year does Dubai, gives him yet ANOTHER chance to rant about Levy.

100% and we had the whole world cup period as well to line things up, I think we can all speculate on the reasons why - same as the the majority of the last 30-40 transfer windows.

100% and we had the whole world cup period as well to line things up, I think we can all speculate on the reasons why - same as the the majority of the last 30-40 transfer windows.

This, so much this. That's what's most shocking to me. What on Earth were we doing for the entirety of the two months before this - idly waxing Levy's dome? Signings are goddamn easy, Chelsea have made about 500 of them this season and they've all been made by a clueless American new to this game. We are in the last week and a bit of this window and are still weakly stumbling around like we usually do and have done for the past 23 grinding years.

Circumstances change, opportunities come and go, but one constant, and only one, to the way we have behaved these 22 years. Just one.

Do you think he wss out first choice for the position?

No idea, but whomever our first choice is, it is the last week and a bit of a window, so clearly we aren't bothered enough to actually try hard for him when we had three full months to do so before this.

Sorry I thought you said everyone around us…

Chelsea, United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Villa, Brighton don't count? More or less clubs around (and well above) us, strengthening either to have a stronger second half of the season, or from a position of strength (something we never have and never will do under this ownership model).

Chelsea, United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Villa, Brighton don't count? More or less clubs around (and well above) us, strengthening either to have a stronger second half of the season, or from a position of strength (something we never have and never will do under this ownership model).
No
I was looking immediately in front of us and behind us
That was Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Fulham
United have lost a player and brought a player so I’d agree there
I haven’t looked further behind us
Arsenal have strengthened. Good signing too. Not the one they wanted but they won’t get said enough

Back