• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Leandro Trossard

AdamB

Garth Crooks
Given the Trossard links, where would people see him playing?

Wondering whether he would come is as a LWB (and send Sess to Brighton on loan) rather than coming in with the intention of being a forward as he is today

Wondering whether he would come is as a LWB (and send Sess to Brighton on loan) rather than coming in with the intention of being a forward as he is today
Can’t see him playing wing back

LWB, you must be joking? Not a chance he will be deployed in that position. Besides, I cannot imagine Brighton willing to sell him.this window, particularly at a price that we would.want to pay.

I think he possibly has, or at least defer that decision til the summer

Having a more natural replacement for Son perhaps is more critical in attacking areas, and then ditching Moura?

I thought Richarlison could be a natural alternative for Son

So names on the table for us seem to be Porro & Trossard
Porro could be anything
It’s his third season there IIRC and why didn’t we want him in the summer….
trossard is a very good, technical player and one I rate
He couldn’t theory be a Kulu type option for us but i personally don’t remember him playing on the right

Porro could be anything
It’s his third season there IIRC and why didn’t we want him in the summer….
trossard is a very good, technical player and one I rate
He couldn’t theory be a Kulu type option for us but i personally don’t remember him playing on the right

I think Trossard is more like cover for Son - quick, direct, etc. Personally I prefer that we sign younger players given that by the time a 28 year old has settled in, you're thinking about what their shelf life is. However on a low fee given he's out of contract soon, and also replacing Moura who would probably leave for nothing, its probably a good deal

I think Trossard is more like cover for Son - quick, direct, etc. Personally I prefer that we sign younger players given that by the time a 28 year old has settled in, you're thinking about what their shelf life is. However on a low fee given he's out of contract soon, and also replacing Moura who would probably leave for nothing, its probably a good deal
Although not as quick I thought Richarlison was seen as backup for Son and Kane, given they are rarely rotated, so whilst I'd love to have more attacking options with pace on the bench someone who could play lwf would be a higher priority for me. Arguably the 2 rwf options is one of our strongest areas!

Unless Richarlison's injury is a lot worse than feared.

Agreed. Depends on fee. Age far from perfect, but a good PL proven player.

Seems to me like a player that could step up a level with better players around him perhaps?

Is Trossard a speedy player?
If not, as good as he seems, it will feel a bit pointless for me...

In any case, feels like agents using our name for contract negotiations again anyway

Is Trossard a speedy player?
If not, as good as he seems, it will feel a bit pointless for me...

In any case, feels like agents using our name for contract negotiations again anyway

He's not slow, if you use FIFA cards as a view, he's in the range of Deki but slower than Son or Richarlison.

He's PL proven, wide attacking player, 7 goals in 17 this season, out of contract in June.

Talk is £8M for a player in the £30-£35M price range, I don't think you can go wrong on this one.

He's not slow, if you use FIFA cards as a view, he's in the range of Deki but slower than Son or Richarlison.

He's PL proven, wide attacking player, 7 goals in 17 this season, out of contract in June.

Talk is £8M for a player in the £30-£35M price range, I don't think you can go wrong on this one.
They will extend his contract to get the fee up

Sounds like a Moura replacement in the squad, not in terms of skill set but more in terms of rank. For the price he’d be a smart buy for a couple of seasons. Doesn’t set the pulse racing, but not every signing has to.

Very odd cover for son IMO because it makes Richarlson only cover for Kane
Would mean Gil is cover for Kulu
Richarlson for Kane and Trossard for son

obviously there would be flexibility in there too

Just seen it mentioned (twitter) that Brighton have activated a 1 year option, so his contract runs until 2024 rather than this summer. I haven't found anything substantive to back that up, but equally haven't spent much time searching.

Sounds like a Moura replacement in the squad, not in terms of skill set but more in terms of rank. For the price he’d be a smart buy for a couple of seasons. Doesn’t set the pulse racing, but not every signing has to.

He's a good player, 7 in 17 for wide player in a side around the relegation zone area is pretty good.

Every time I've seen him, he's impressed.

Back