• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Leandro Trossard

Not sure you have been paying attention, I doubt Conte will be satisfied with a player from the Championship. He will label it another "club signing".

With a manager with only 5 months left on his contract, maybe we should be making club signings, especially for the lower down squad places

With a manager with only 5 months left on his contract, maybe we should be making club signings, especially for the lower down squad places

I think you could be right, cant think of Conte being a manager who develops players for a club, his reputation as a winner is based on experienced players who know how to do the job he wants.

And you think that it more logical than trying to sign players that your current world class manager would rather pursue? So you do not think it is essential we sign players that strength in the league for the immediate future?

And you think that it more logical than trying to sign players that your current world class manager would rather pursue? So you do not think it is essential we sign players that strength in the league for the immediate future?
We just dont need a squad of with 15 or so 30 year olds when Conte goes back to Juve in june and our next coach requires a high press. We all remember some of Hoddle's early sides

We just dont need a squad of with 15 or so 30 year olds when Conte goes back to Juve in june and our next coach requires a high press. We all remember some of Hoddle's early sides
Yeah Conte and his old man signings - he really is against younger players. Kulu, Bentancur, Richarlison, Bissouma et al. Really worry for the future of this club…..

Yeah Conte and his old man signings - he really is against younger players. Kulu, Bentancur, Richarlison, Bissouma et al. Really worry for the future of this club…..

It's a balance, but we do need to note that 3 of our current forwards are already 30(ish).

So we'd replace someone that's finished with someone who is only 2 years younger than him, rather than buying someone with a 5-10 year view?

Not my ideal signing, and I agree that I'd prefer us to sign someone in the age range you mention

However we dont have unlimited cash and priority for that cash has to be CB, GK and RWB given that those positions are first 11 starters which we need, rather than this Moura-replacement which is a sub. If Trossard is cheap because his contract is about to expire, then he makes sense

Arguably, Gil is Moura's replacement. Trossard is a squad player, who can cover a number of positions, and is available cheap. James Milner was 29 when he joined Liverpool, that didn't turn out too badly for them.
Played another 200 plus games

Another way of looking at Trossard is would you rather:

a) sign Trossard for £10m and a £50m CB this summer
or
b) sign a younger forward for £30m and sign a £30m CB this summer

In my mind it's a no-brainer that a) is better

Another way of looking at Trossard is would you rather:

a) sign Trossard for £10m and a £50m CB this summer
or
b) sign a younger forward for £30m and sign a £30m CB this summer

In my mind it's a no-brainer that a) is better
I agree