• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Leandro Trossard

Talk of Trossard being too old at 28 is wrong imo. He’s at his peak now and 26/27/28 is the age that we should be going for really. We need players who can come in and make a difference now, not just those with potential.

Of course, whether Trossard is that player I’m not sure, but it’s not because of his age.

Talk of Trossard being too old at 28 is wrong imo. He’s at his peak now and 26/27/28 is the age that we should be going for really. We need players who can come in and make a difference now, not just those with potential.

Of course, whether Trossard is that player I’m not sure, but it’s not because of his age.
I think there's definitely something to be said for 'oven ready' players, Perisic has probably brought more to the team than Sessegnon already and I struggle to see us recouping anything like Sess' transfer fee, although we've seen with Doherty especially initially and mayhe even Biss that prem proven and late 20's still isn't a cast iron guarantee of integrating immediately.

The thing I'm struggling with Trossard isn't his cost or ability, it's whether we are addressing a position that has 2 or our biggest earners competing for it already when we have arguably at a couple of first team positions that need upgrading and a big drop off with the back up on the other side of the pitch when Kulu is ininjured.

Is Trossard a speedy player?
If not, as good as he seems, it will feel a bit pointless for me...

In any case, feels like agents using our name for contract negotiations again anyway

Not great top speed from what I've seen, but definitely not slow. Quick player without being very pacey if that makes sense? Direct, can dribble, combine, but without great top speed. (All just my impression).

Another player that can be a good combination player, do good work between the lines. We have Son and Richarlison that can run do more running in behind.

I think there's definitely something to be said for 'oven ready' players, Perisic has probably brought more to the team than Sessegnon already and I struggle to see us recouping anything like Sess' transfer fee, although we've seen with Doherty especially initially and mayhe even Biss that prem proven and late 20's still isn't a cast iron guarantee of integrating immediately.

The thing I'm struggling with Trossard isn't his cost or ability, it's whether we are addressing a position that has 2 or our biggest earners competing for it already when we have arguably at a couple of first team positions that need upgrading and a big drop off with the back up on the other side of the pitch when Kulu is ininjured.

Agreed with all that.

Depends on where Conte/Paratici see him as a good option. Also on the right? As a wing back? Only for the left sided attacking role I'm less convinced.

Sorry I meant rwf, ie competition for Kulu! Richarlison seems better left and central.

I think we'd go with Gil.

If we have Kane, Son, Richarlison, Kulu, Trossard and Gil, then there's enough permutations / combinations without needing another IMO

I think we'd go with Gil.

If we have Kane, Son, Richarlison, Kulu, Trossard and Gil, then there's enough permutations / combinations without needing another IMO
I think in that scenario it leaves a permutation of 3 prem proven players who can play centrally and right, Kane who will occupy the central berth unless injured one who can play left and a largely prem unproven inferior player as his back up. Other than the spread I don't see Trossard getting game or bench time ahead of Son or Richarlison, both of whom become incredibly ineffective playing ofd the right.

Saying that we bought a third rwb and don't play him, maybe it's another 'club signing '!

Trossard is a different type of player but I don't see him improving the quality of the squad and how do we find playing time for perisic, son, kane, richy and kulu up front ?
May be for depth reasons but not sure if we are improving quality.

Trossard is a different type of player but I don't see him improving the quality of the squad and how do we find playing time for perisic, son, kane, richy and kulu up front ?

Perisic is mainly a WB, but yes, this would be about squad depth more than quality

We need to spend most of our available funds this summer on CBs and GK I'd suggest so having Son, Kane, Richarlison, Trossard, Gil and Kulu as our attacking options for the remainder of this year and next season would feel perfectly fine to me

He doesn't improve our starting 11 I think. If and when we can improve our starting 11 that's what we should do. Doing that for our front line is very difficult and would probably be really expensive.

We currently have had Kulusevski and Richarlison injured as well as Lucas. Most teams would feel the downsides of that.

With all fit. Son, Kane, Kulusevski start. Richarlison, Gil, Lucas on the bench. Replace Lucas with Trossard, would we be stronger? I think so. One or two injuries, Trossard there. Think that improves us.

But probably only worth it if the cost is fairly low.

Not a bad player but i must admit what i have seen of him has not really impressed me. Looks like a squad player addition to me.

Back