• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kevin Wimmer

Tottenham agree £4.3m deal to sign Kevin Wimmer from FC Köln

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/mar/20/tottenham-kevin-wimmer-fc-koln

"Tottenham Hotspur have agreed a €6m (£4.3m) deal with FC Köln to sign the central defender Kevin Wimmer in the summer.

The 22-year-old has enjoyed a breakthrough season at the German club, starting in 24 of their 25 Bundesliga matches, and he has impressed Tottenham with his composure, physicality and aerial ability.

Wimmer, who is 6ft 2in tall, moved to FC Köln from Linz in his native Austria for €250,000 in 2012. He fits the profile of the type of player that Tottenham want to add, as he is young, talented and hungry to progress.

The club are determined to build for the longer term and over the duration of the manager Mauricio Pochettino’s five-year contract. In January, he oversaw the signings of DeAndre Yedlin, the 21-year-old right-back from the Seattle Sounders, and Dele Alli, the 18-year-old midfielder from MK Dons. Alli has been loaned back to the Dons for the remainder of the season.

Pochettino has placed his faith in many young players since his arrival from Southampton last summer, including Ryan Mason, Nabil Bentaleb and Harry Kane. Wimmer’s arrival will place further question marks against the White Hart Lane futures of the centre-backs Younès Kaboul and Vlad Chiriches. Kaboul was surprisingly given the club captaincy in the early weeks of the season but he has since fallen from favour."

Im all for the talented youth drive for players who have played a season or more in a decent division. Sprinkle in 1 or 2 top players and we are doing well.

Very interesting signing. We were also after him in January I believe so it's good to get this over and done with. Interested to see how he fits in. Koln have a decent defensive record this season and he looks of good build for the Premier League so he won't be bullied all over the place. Not seen him play but will be looking to watch some Koln games from here to the end of the season.

Wimmer in

Kaboul, Chiriches and Khumalo out

Zero net spend. Significant wage saving. Two overage squad places freed up. Back 10 all sorted (two good options in each of the 5 positions_

And at worse we are no worse off quality wise, with the potential to have really gained
Any other of my posts you want to copy?

So, if we have signed this guy then next season we could have a line up of as young as this.

_______________Lloris (28)_______________

Yedlin (21) Dier (21) Wimmer (22) Davies (22)

________Mason (24)_____Bentaleb (20)______

Pritchard (22)___Eriksen (22)__Townsend (24)

_______________Kane (22)_______________

Not saying it would be our starting XI but that is YOUNG.

So, if we have signed this guy then next season we could have a line up of as young as this.

_______________Lloris (28)_______________

Yedlin (21) Dier (21) Wimmer (22) Davies (22)

________Mason (24)_____Bentaleb (20)______

Pritchard (22)___Eriksen (22)__Townsend (24)

_______________Kane (22)_______________

Not saying it would be our starting XI but that is YOUNG.

Wow. If that was Arsnal's team Sky would be creaming over how young it is

This deal has great pros, the price of the player, his young age, coming from relivant league " need stregnth and pace" and he is also an international player already but The only bad thing about it is- if it is our only CB deal this summer -. MP stop playing with Fazio and Verts, Dier has mistakes and I wish to have an expert CB like Moreno.

The Austrian Eric Dier. Ah, well. Not like it was a tremendous surprise, although I see a couple of people already racing manically to head off malcontents like me from pointing out the bloody obvious. :)

If it's true, then welcome to Tottenham Hotspur, Kevin Wimmer. I hope you'll be an absolutely smashing success, for what it's worth.

Tottenham agree £4.3m deal to sign Kevin Wimmer from FC Köln

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/mar/20/tottenham-kevin-wimmer-fc-koln

"Tottenham Hotspur have agreed a €6m (£4.3m) deal with FC Köln to sign the central defender Kevin Wimmer in the summer.

The 22-year-old has enjoyed a breakthrough season at the German club, starting in 24 of their 25 Bundesliga matches, and he has impressed Tottenham with his composure, physicality and aerial ability.

Wimmer, who is 6ft 2in tall, moved to FC Köln from Linz in his native Austria for €250,000 in 2012. He fits the profile of the type of player that Tottenham want to add, as he is young, talented and hungry to progress.

The club are determined to build for the longer term and over the duration of the manager Mauricio Pochettino’s five-year contract. In January, he oversaw the signings of DeAndre Yedlin, the 21-year-old right-back from the Seattle Sounders, and Dele Alli, the 18-year-old midfielder from MK Dons. Alli has been loaned back to the Dons for the remainder of the season.

Pochettino has placed his faith in many young players since his arrival from Southampton last summer, including Ryan Mason, Nabil Bentaleb and Harry Kane. Wimmer’s arrival will place further question marks against the White Hart Lane futures of the centre-backs Younès Kaboul and Vlad Chiriches. Kaboul was surprisingly given the club captaincy in the early weeks of the season but he has since fallen from favour."

Yedlin and Wimmer are the kind of signings I never like. We don't need more "young, unknown and promising" players. They always struggle at Spurs. Look at the likes of Chiriches, Kaboul and Capoue. We need more players in the "experienced, established and proven" category even if they are more expensive. We tend to sign these young players with the thinking the current Spurs manager will be forever at Spurs. But by the time they get some experience, we would always change managers who might not like them.

The Austrian Eric Dier. Ah, well. Not like it was a tremendous surprise, although I see a couple of people already racing manically to head off malcontents like me from pointing out the bloody obvious. :)

If it's true, then welcome to Tottenham Hotspur, Kevin Wimmer. I hope you'll be an absolutely smashing success, for what it's worth.

Yes. Levy has obviously moved from pretending to target the players the head coach wants and then moving on to cheaper targets identified based on bargain-bin FIFA13 copies bought off ebay to just signing the cheaper targets straight away. Much more efficient process like that... :p

I don't really understand what there is to grumble about at this stage.

I'm not impressed if he's viewed as the answer to our defensive problems. We are vying to be one of the bigger clubs in the Premier League but don't match that attitude with our transfer dealings. I realise that we can't sign the very best, but it seems as if we've given up trying now.

I'm not impressed if he's viewed as the answer to our defensive problems. We are vying to be one of the bigger clubs in the Premier League but don't match that attitude with our transfer dealings. I realise that we can't sign the very best, but it seems as if we've given up trying now.
have you seen him play?

Back