• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kevin Wimmer

The good in that read -> pace, strength (not bullied), technical ability, the bad -> concerns about positioning ..

Worth mentioning that Cologne finished 12th in the league, but conceded quite a few goals less than a lot of the teams around them. Only four other teams in the German league conceded less goals than Cologne. Not that Wimmer is the only guy responsible for that, of course, but it could be an indication that he's got some talent.

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way...oh what fun it is to see Tottenham's Wimmer play...Oi! :D

Worth mentioning that Cologne finished 12th in the league, but conceded quite a few goals less than a lot of the teams around them. Only four other teams in the German league conceded less goals than Cologne. Not that Wimmer is the only guy responsible for that, of course, but it could be an indication that he's got some talent.
Indeed. Cologne's defence has been pretty solid all season... their problems have all been up front. I don't know how much of that defensive solidity is down to Wimmer, but it's worth noting that he played every minute of every game (excluding whatever time he missed for once seeing red).

So Wimmer already effectively telling us that he wants to use us as a stepping stone...nice
Well any youngish talented player with ambition would be looking at us as a stepping stone, and nothing wrong with that at all. Hope he does end up using us as a stepping stone, means we would have had a very good player on our hands for a period of time....

Well any youngish talented player with ambition would be looking at us as a stepping stone, and nothing wrong with that at all. Hope he does end up using us as a stepping stone, means we would have had a very good player on our hands for a period of time....

Nothing like a player trying to push his new club to a successful period so that he won't need to move elsewhere.

It's the next step for him in his development, obviously, he doesn't say anything (that I've seen, anyway) that he's planning ahead for a life after Spurs already. It's a next step going to Spurs. It could be a further step to get to play with Germany. And the next step after that to win a cup or something. You're reading way to much into that comment. :p

It's the next step for him in his development, obviously, he doesn't say anything (that I've seen, anyway) that he's planning ahead for a life after Spurs already. It's a next step going to Spurs. It could be a further step to get to play with Germany. And the next step after that to win a cup or something. You're reading way to much into that comment. :p

You dint mean him play for Germany do you?

He plays international football already for Austria

So that's Wimmer pretty much sorted then? If so, great to have it completed so early. Don't know much about him, but presumably he's one for the first 11?

So Wimmer already effectively telling us that he wants to use us as a stepping stone...nice

Get a reality check people
I'm sure, like any ambitious person, wants to perform at the highest level.
Part of that is moving up a level and seeing where it goes.

From a football PR point of view, that comment seems more directed to Koln fans saying thanks and I'm moving to get better, not for any other reason.

THFC fans need to get this chip off our shoulder

Back