• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Joao Moutinho

Well AVB says we won't be signing anyone, not sure he'd have said that if we planned to he'd just keep quiet

Personally, I think Bale is our best finisher. If one on one with a keeper, I'd be more confident Bale scoring than Defoe.

I agree .
Defoe normally likes to leather the ball whereas Bale can dink over the keeper, round the keeper or drive it very hard with accuracy,like his hat-trick in the San Siro.

Tottenham_ITK ‏@Tottenham_ITK

Moutinho fee officially sorted tonight, payment structure done, down to him now. Holtby and Moutinho in Jan for me. #THFC

As usual, I will not believe it until it's on the OS, but this one in particular is completely unbelievable. I just don't see us getting Moutinho, especially in the summer. I don't believe we need to be/are in the position to throw 25 million + at one player.

As usual, I will not believe it until it's on the OS, but this one in particular is completely unbelievable. I just don't see us getting Moutinho, especially in the summer. I don't believe we need to be/are in the position to throw 25 million + at one player.

I wonder what if any the extra TV payments for the PL next season would have on our transfer dealings this month and in the summer? As we don't have club finances spiraling out of control like some a 25 million + player would be a possibility, guess it depends on what Levy has planned for the money.

Give up Champions League glory for a January transfer? Seriously don't know about that.

Champions League glory or just 2-4 more games in the CL this season? The latter is far, far more likely.

By contrast, the prospect of rejoining a manager he loves (and who loves him) and playing games week in, week out in the Premier League might seem like a far more exciting prospect.

Champions League glory or just 2-4 more games in the CL this season? The latter is far, far more likely.

By contrast, the prospect of rejoining a manager he loves (and who loves him) and playing games week in, week out in the Premier League might seem like a far more exciting prospect.

Yes, but now we have Holtby guaranteed to come in when July rolls around. Given our current stability on the CM front, perhaps the money formerly ear-marked for Moutinho (if there ever was any) could be spent beefing up our forward line instead. Zaha, perhaps, or Damiao.

I've been reading the articles by German press/journalists on twitter and around the net and it seems they all seem to think that similar to Modric, although he started out as a no. 10/winger, he has lately been played as a deeper-lying play-maker in central midfield, which is where is long-term position and skill-set are seen.

So I guess Holtby is going to be our play-maker, meaning I think Moutinho will be left as being just too expensive. I can't see any more recruits for central midfield slots. Assuming AVB does want to go to 4-3-3 eventually I see the starting midfield 3 being Sandro, Dembele and Holtby, with Parker, Sigurdsson, Dempsey and Carroll providing more than adequate back-up. I think Thudd/Jenas/Livermore will all be gone.

I feel funds will be concentrated on the front-3 positions, especially if we end up losing Bale.

Yes, but now we have Holtby guaranteed to come in when July rolls around. Given our current stability on the CM front, perhaps the money formerly ear-marked for Moutinho (if there ever was any) could be spent beefing up our forward line instead. Zaha, perhaps, or Damiao.

Well, that's very possible but a different matter altogether.

I was merely responding to the suggestion that Moutinho wouldn't want to join Spurs yet.

I've been reading the articles by German press/journalists on twitter and around the net and it seems they all seem to think that similar to Modric, although he started out as a no. 10/winger, he has lately been played as a deeper-lying play-maker in central midfield, which is where is long-term position and skill-set are seen.

So I guess Holtby is going to be our play-maker, meaning I think Moutinho will be left as being just too expensive. I can't see any more recruits for central midfield slots. Assuming AVB does want to go to 4-3-3 eventually I see the starting midfield 3 being Sandro, Dembele and Holtby, with Parker, Sigurdsson, Dempsey and Carroll providing more than adequate back-up. I think Thudd/Jenas/Livermore will all be gone.

I feel funds will be concentrated on the front-3 positions, especially if we end up losing Bale.

Good post, but surely we'll just use the money we get from bale to replace him?

Good post, but surely we'll just use the money we get from bale to replace him?

Yeah of course, but those funds will be concentrated on the front 3 positions, including Bale's position if we have to replace him.

We may also need cover in defence.

Yeah of course, but those funds will be concentrated on the front 3 positions, including Bale's position if we have to replace him.

We may also need cover in defence.

I'm not so sure. If you strip down our squad for the start of next season (based on a 4-3-3), to me CM is still as pressing as CF and RF. I don't think we need to do anything in defence at all now.

13/14 as we stand:

Lloris, Friedel

Walker, Naughton
Verts, Caulker
Kaboul, Dawson
BAE, Fryers

Sandro, Hudd
Dembele, Carroll
Holtby, Siggy

Lennon, Townsend
Ade, Defoe
Bale, Dempsey