• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Joao Moutinho

We've scored the least goals out of the top 5 teams, underlines the priority is for a forward.

3 less than Chelsea, 3 less than Arsenal, 2 less than Emirates Marketing Project.

This is without Adebayor at times due to injury, Dempsey and Sigurdsson both having to settle in too and a whole new central midfield to gel.

We are obviously not realising our potential in terms of scoring goals as the Villa and Sunderland games should have been more than the six we scored.

Moutinho would help this season for home games definitely. I still think a striker should be the priority - need to be more clinical and turn those draws into wins. Then again we didnt create much at home hence Moutinho being a priority.

I would love us to get both Moutinho and a striker is that feasible? im unsure.

I would love us to get both Moutinho and a striker is that feasible? im unsure.

sign Mouthino
qualify for the CL
blow everything on Falcao in the summer (reuniting the Porto trio)

:ross:

but in seriousness, we won't be signing a long term striker if we do sign Mouthino this jan - possibly a loan move of sorts, wasn't their rumors of Villa going to Swansea on loan? perhaps that's the kind of deal we could make happen - loan him in till the summer help us secure top four and then be in a much better position to sign a long term forward in the summer

Last edited:
sign Mouthino
qualify for the CL
blow everything on Falcao in the summer (reuniting the Porto trio)

:ross:

but in seriousness, we won't be signing a long term striker if we do sign Mouthino this jan - possibly a loan move of sorts, wasn't their rumors of Villa going to Swansea on loan? perhaps that's the kind of deal we could make happen - loan him in till the summer help us secure top four and then be in a much better position to sign a long term forward in the summer

Dude if Carlsberg made signings...

I very much doubt we will sign Moutinho either - surely he will wanna stay with Porto for the CL? Then move to us in the summer. Then again he could come join us and help us secure CL this season and for future years.

Never heard of the Villa going to Swansea but he is one of my fave strikers and would love him to come. I dont watch much of Barca but if he isnt playing over there then why not - although doubt that would happen - its not like they have a wealth of strikers over there.

Failing getting in a striker - Moutinho in permanently and Sneijder in on loan? Sneijder would help create which may help our strikers become more prolific

Dude if Carlsberg made signings...

I very much doubt we will sign Moutinho either - surely he will wanna stay with Porto for the CL? Then move to us in the summer. Then again he could come join us and help us secure CL this season and for future years.

Never heard of the Villa going to Swansea but he is one of my fave strikers and would love him to come. I dont watch much of Barca but if he isnt playing over there then why not - although doubt that would happen - its not like they have a wealth of strikers over there.

Failing getting in a striker - Moutinho in permanently and Sneijder in on loan? Sneijder would help create which may help our strikers become more prolific

But if we get in Moutinho, where would Sneijder fit in?

Sneijder talk seems a bit fanciful really - since the initial link it doesn't sound like it was any more than Inter trying to attract offers from other clubs, to me anyway.

dhsf - that is true about Porto and CL, but id say if we really were that close to signing him in the summer then perhaps he has had his eye on the move since then.

we're looking a decent bet for top 4 at the minute, adding a player of his quality makes us look even stronger

But if we get in Moutinho, where would Sneijder fit in?

I just want them all dude haha.

I dont even know where Moutinho would fit in - im assuming there would be a change in formation to 433

I just think we need some creativity that would unlock defenses - maybe Moutinho is that guy but I see him more as a fulcrum through which the ball goes through than him being a creator - then again maybe im not doing Moutinho justice.

But I think the problem is that we aren't creating enough gilt edged chanced. Sure we have a lot of attempts on goal but a blocked shot or one that goes 10 yards over the bar count in those stats. We rarely carve teams open and by that I mean look at the chances Man U, Arsenal, City etc have saved. Loads of one on ones, shots from inside the area etc. We rarely have games like that.

Defoe is a very good finisher as is Bale whilst Ade isn't but given enough chances he will score.

So I think a creator is what we need but I also believe that Moutinho whilst a good player isn't a creator in that sense like a VDV. He is more of an assist of the assist so maybe we need a no 10 and Moutinho but then where would we fit them in.

re - 433 :

[video=youtube;CXWq34XByjc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CXWq34XByjc[/video]

should he sign i think we have the players to pull that off - Lennon being the only 'weak' link - even then - has he had much experience playing RWF in a 433 - he might step up

at the moment we 'theoretically' rely on two forwards and the wingers for goals - in practice we are actually relying on Bale and Defoe mainly, with the odd goal from elsewhere

i don't see switching to 433 restricting our goal scoring opportunities if im honest - if anything the front 3 could potentially be more potent than our current front 4

I think only Bale is capable of pulling is his weight in terms of goals in his respective position. You could say Lennon would get more but it still wouldn't be enough and he's still primarily a 442 winger, I don't see him reinventing himself as a wide forward and neither Defoe or Ade are prolific enough to make up for a midfield 3 offering very few goals between them. Barca are the most recent dominant 433 team but they had Pedro, Villa and Messi up top, Utd of a few years back had Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez, Porto had Varela, Hulk and Falcao etc .. obviously those sides are on a different level to us but they were all heavily dependant on the front 3 for goals, we'd need a right-sided Bale and a top drawer striker for it to work imo.

If we have £20m to spend on one player then I'd want it to be on the likes of Willian, Sneijder, Isco etc, clever players to make the difference in the final third and then look for a prolific forward in the summer, or vice versa.

How many goals would Sneidjer or Isco get do you think? If you think back to VDV he was getting 10-15 a season from midfield and probably the same in assists. All well and good getting a creative player but we also need one that will be in double figures for goals each season.

I don't want to get drawn in and believe but seriously:

Bale.............Defoe...........Lennon

........Dembele......Moutinho

.....................Sandro

BAE.....Verts.......Kaboul....Walker

.....................,Lloris

That would be a front man switch away from a serious title challenging side

I laughed at this at first, but it's true that if we signed Moutinho our midfield at least would stack up favorably with Bayern and Madrid. Imo we are only a few players away from having one of the best teams in the world. It will be frustrating if we don't take the chance we have now with other top teams in the premier league relatively weak at the moment. We could really put together something special with 3 signings - say Moutinho, Llorente, and someone like Isco/Willian.

Wet dreamland!!

so if we sign Moutinho what happens to Dembele/Sigg/Dempsey

can one of Moutinho or Dembele properly play behind a striker?

Maybe we will go to a proper 451 just with 3 central midfielders? is it a coincidence bale has been joining the box late and scoring more of late, maybe in the absence of 2 upfront AVB is getting him into the box more?

Back