• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Transfer Thread - it couldn't open and close any quicker

Piotr Zielinski

Just saw him dominate Leicester from midfield. Ndombele with commitment. I still hold out hope for Ndombele, I don't know why! There is no logic to it. He's shown a lack of commitment under 4 managers now.

27 years old, regular starter for a fairly big team in Italy, Napoli aren't exactly renowned for selling cheaply, several years left on his contract.

Not saying it wouldn't be good, just that it seems utterly unlikely given that we have several positions we need to strengthen and limited funds.

I love how us fans, me included, see a player give one good performance, or watch a Utube highlights reel and then decide that would be a great signing. If only scouting was that easy.

I think he is a highly respected player, who's been on the radar for some time. Just Napoli have him locked in with a strong contract. He's a player that elevates a side and is hugely valuable to them. So it is a pipe dream. but the kind of player we need in midfield to give us some guile and hard work in the middle.

Piotr Zielinski

Just saw him dominate Leicester from midfield. Ndombele with commitment. I still hold out hope for Ndombele, I don't know why! There is no logic to it. He's shown a lack of commitment under 4 managers now.

I think he is a highly respected player, who's been on the radar for some time. Just Napoli have him locked in with a strong contract. He's a player that elevates a side and is hugely valuable to them. So it is a pipe dream. but the kind of player we need in midfield to give us some guile and hard work in the middle.

He's been a top player for a long time, so fully agreed. Napoli just have some sort of pull for players like him, though - they tend to keep coveted players for a long time regardless of how well or poorly they're doing as a club.

I think any transfer budget we might've been offering Conte for January may well be taken off the table in light of the potential for increased covid restrictions in the coming months.

Hope I'm wrong on this but think the club won't want to weaken its cash reserves.

I think any transfer budget we might've been offering Conte for January may well be taken off the table in light of the potential for increased covid restrictions in the coming months.

Hope I'm wrong on this but think the club won't want to weaken its cash reserves.
I really don’t think there was going to be much movement for us anyway, in terms of incomings. Conte has already been coming out saying how he’s not a chequebook manager and he wants time to assess the squad, and we don’t tend to do much in January. I’m sure the summer will be very different, but people are just assuming that because we have got Conte there is going to be a load of incomings in January - I don’t see it personally, regardless of additional Covid restrictions….

I wouldn’t if I was the club :oops::eek:
I’d wanna keep my kidney intact for future value

I really don’t think there was going to be much movement for us anyway, in terms of incomings. Conte has already been coming out saying how he’s not a chequebook manager and he wants time to assess the squad, and we don’t tend to do much in January. I’m sure the summer will be very different, but people are just assuming that because we have got Conte there is going to be a load of incomings in January - I don’t see it personally, regardless of additional Covid restrictions….

Tend to agree with you, add in the fact that there are not many top players bought/sold in January then i would be surprised to see much movement. No point in just buying squad fillers when what we need is players who can make a impact and i believe players like that will have to wait until the summer.

Or the glass half full version is that a lot of European leagues still have reduced attendances which will be weakening clubs and making them more susceptible to bids for decent players. The PL hasnt closed grounds or restricted crowds

The bosman and pre contract is the area we should be looking in.

Get Zakaria, Kessie in on free transfers and sell Dele and Winks.

Use Marklandy and Harvey White as squad filler till the end of the season when we can loan them to the championship.

In the summer sell Bergwijn, Ndombele and Lo Celso about 70m there if we are lucky. Bring in two midfielders.

Sell kane for 100m in the summer,bring in a good striker for 75m and a potential one for 25m.

Sell Rodon, Doherty, Davies, Dier in the Summer and bring in a decent centre half and maybe that Italian from AC Milan who will be on a free.

The is money in that squad even rating our players quite lowly.

I think we are going to get priced out of Vlahovic. With his form continuing to be excellent this season then no chance they sell him for anywhere near the price Levy is likely to be happy with.

Or the glass half full version is that a lot of European leagues still have reduced attendances which will be weakening clubs and making them more susceptible to bids for decent players. The PL hasnt closed grounds or restricted crowds

not yet but they will so Spurs will have to say we’re not playing football but having a quiz and get Lloris to ask questions to the defenders

I think we are going to get priced out of Vlahovic. With his form continuing to be excellent this season then no chance they sell him for anywhere near the price Levy is likely to be happy with.

Dunno. Ndombele precedent exists. My bigger concern about him is how he and Kane play in the same team

The bosman and pre contract is the area we should be looking in.

Get Zakaria, Kessie in on free transfers and sell Dele and Winks.

Use Marklandy and Harvey White as squad filler till the end of the season when we can loan them to the championship.

In the summer sell Bergwijn, Ndombele and Lo Celso about 70m there if we are lucky. Bring in two midfielders.

Sell kane for 100m in the summer,bring in a good striker for 75m and a potential one for 25m.

Sell Rodon, Doherty, Davies, Dier in the Summer and bring in a decent centre half and maybe that Italian from AC Milan who will be on a free.

The is money in that squad even rating our players quite lowly.
We also the guy from Metz coming in who looks really promising

Back