• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Transfer Thread - it couldn't open and close any quicker

Max Aarons is going to go to a team like Villa or Leicester next season then get a big move to a City, Liverpool 2 years later and we will moan that we didn’t go for him. Mark my words.

Everyone said that about Timothy Castagne too.

Barca wanted Aarons on loan for a year with no obligation to buy (according to my Norwich supporting mate anyway...) at the high price that Norwich value him at. He also signed a 5 year deal a year prior.

Also, as I always assume with Barca because they're a bunch of bricks, they were relying on Aarons to kick off about getting the move and he didn't.

Barca wanted Aarons on loan for a year with no obligation to buy (according to my Norwich supporting mate anyway...) at the high price that Norwich value him at. He also signed a 5 year deal a year prior.

Also, as I always assume with Barca because they're a bunch of bricks, they were relying on Aarons to kick off about getting the move and he didn't.

That rings a bell actually. I remember that. Even if ends he up staying in the Championship he can always say Barca wanted him once

Tottenham are laying the groundwork for an unprecedented January transfer spree, Football Insider understands.

Manager Antonio Conte has overseen a run of three consecutive Premier League wins but that does not alter his determination to overhaul the squad in the upcoming window.

A Tottenham source has told Football Insider that Conte is pushing the club to bring in multiple new signings in January after identifying positions that need strengthening.

The manager and recruitment chief Fabio Paratici are planning for the “biggest January window in the club’s history”, the source explained.

It is expected there will be major signings as well as some notable departures.

The manager’s priority is to recruit at least one proven centre-back who can slot into the three-man defence he has implemented since his arrival.

But Conte’s planned overhaul is not restricted to defence, and he and Paratici are already identifying potential targets across multiple positions.

There will also be departures, with Football Insider revealing last Saturday (3 December) that Joe Rodon is seeking a permanent or temporary exit.

There will also be multiple young players going out on loan, which means there could be in excess of 10 incoming and outgoing transfers combined.

Football Insider revealed last week (2 December) that Conte wants to take full control of the club’s January business in tandem with his former Juventus ally.

He does not have the same faith in longstanding members of the recruitment team.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-tottenham-kicking-off-biggest-window-in-clubs-history/

Tottenham are laying the groundwork for an unprecedented January transfer spree, Football Insider understands.

Manager Antonio Conte has overseen a run of three consecutive Premier League wins but that does not alter his determination to overhaul the squad in the upcoming window.

A Tottenham source has told Football Insider that Conte is pushing the club to bring in multiple new signings in January after identifying positions that need strengthening.

The manager and recruitment chief Fabio Paratici are planning for the “biggest January window in the club’s history”, the source explained.

It is expected there will be major signings as well as some notable departures.

The manager’s priority is to recruit at least one proven centre-back who can slot into the three-man defence he has implemented since his arrival.

But Conte’s planned overhaul is not restricted to defence, and he and Paratici are already identifying potential targets across multiple positions.

There will also be departures, with Football Insider revealing last Saturday (3 December) that Joe Rodon is seeking a permanent or temporary exit.

There will also be multiple young players going out on loan, which means there could be in excess of 10 incoming and outgoing transfers combined.

Football Insider revealed last week (2 December) that Conte wants to take full control of the club’s January business in tandem with his former Juventus ally.

He does not have the same faith in longstanding members of the recruitment team.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-tottenham-kicking-off-biggest-window-in-clubs-history/

Football insider may as well be the daily sport without the tickle.

I really like Emerson abs he can IMO play in a back 3 too
But I’d also like to see Aarons play with some decent players before judging him

Usually means the likes of Leicester pick him up while we eat humble pie, or we sign him and we destroy a prospect ... its the spurs way

I really like Emerson abs he can IMO play in a back 3 too
But I’d also like to see Aarons play with some decent players before judging him
I think on Sunday we saw how important Royal has been in the last few games when we saw Tanganga trying to play the same role. He has to be very disciplined with his positioning both when we are in and out of possession.

I think Aarons would be very overpriced. The big advantages I see with him are that he is young, seems to have a good injury record and doesn't take up an overseas spot. I'd be far more inclined to sign Bogle from Sheffield United if I was concerned about overseas player spots but the player I would most like us to bring in as competition for Royal is Jesus Corona from Porto (can sign a pre-contract in Jan). Incredible dribbling skills, creative, quick, very two footed and pretty much as at home as a LWB as he is a RWB. Would be proper competition to Royal (though offering a slightly different type of player) and not put any dent at all in our transfer budget.

Last edited:
I think on Sunday we saw how important Royal has been in the last few games when we saw Tanganga trying to play the same role. He has to be very disciplined with his positioning both when we are in and out of possession.

I think Aarons would be very overpriced. The big advantages I see with him are that he is young, seems to have a good injury record and doesn't take up an overseas spot. I'd be far more inclined to sign Bogle from Sheffield United if I was concerned about overseas player spots but the player I would most like us to bring in as competition for Royal is Jesus Corona from Porto (can sign a pre-contract in Jan). Incredible dribbling skills, creative, quick, very two footed and pretty much as at home as a LWB as he is a RWB. Would be proper competition to Royal (though offering a slightly different type of player) and not put any dent at all in our transfer budget.
Lamptey is better than all of them imo. Very little doubt he'd be a successful signing for any team.

Loan for what reason. Only with a buy option. Kessie looked immense for AC. not sure we can lure him as he will be on a free. But maybe our italian connections can do a job for us.

I would assume we would insist on an option to buy if we loan him. He's as likely to hit the ground running as just about any player we could realistically sign in January I think. If we could get him on loan it would leave more money to spend elsewhere.

Not the most creative player, but a very tidy and functional player who also works hard. To me not an immediate fix for our LSK of creativity, but should be a good fit for the Conte system. If we can find more creativity through a better system going forward we might not need immense creativity from an individual in central midfield.

Agreed on Kessie, won't be easy. But there's probably a chance.

Back