• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Transfer Thread - it couldn't open and close any quicker

Fantastic talent and player at his best. If anyone can get consistency and hard work from him they'll have a damn near world class player on their hands.

If Conte backs himself to do that I won't bet against him. A front three of him, Kane and Son could be astonishing. But my gut feeling is that we need to bring in players that arrive ready to do the work, bring top attitude. So I would personally think we'd look elsewhere.
We've already got one on these.

Fantastic talent and player at his best. If anyone can get consistency and hard work from him they'll have a damn near world class player on their hands.

If Conte backs himself to do that I won't bet against him. A front three of him, Kane and Son could be astonishing. But my gut feeling is that we need to bring in players that arrive ready to do the work, bring top attitude. So I would personally think we'd look elsewhere.

If we didn't have such an expensive passenger in Ndombele then it may have been worth investigating. Couldn't imagine us paying 400k a week for two players that could be benched due to professionalism.

If Conte turns Ndombele around then I'd have faith in his ability to get poor attitudes spun, but he has a little history of binning players who don't buy into his team.

Could certainly see this happening. Our Juve connections, sort of profile player which we've historically signed, hard working nature probably fits with Conte,...

Wonder whether we'd use him as an attacking midfielder though alongside Skippy

Like this guy a lot. If we were looking for a left footer to play that right side Moura role then I could see this happening.

I have seen him operate centrally, but more in a 2nd striker/AM role than as part of a midfield 2. He did it for Sweden in the Euros a bit.

Looks like Iheancho has slipped to 3rd choice. Always thought he had the perfect profile as Kane back up. Hits the ground running when called upon and doesn’t cause problems when not in the team.

I know i) we don't need a LB and ii) Man Utd own him, but Brandon Williams looked a fantastic player this afternoon. Good going forwards and backwards, and a real energy and intensity to his game

I know i) we don't need a LB and ii) Man Utd own him, but Brandon Williams looked a fantastic player this afternoon. Good going forwards and backwards, and a real energy and intensity to his game
he had a very good game until he decide to smash Bergwein
Weird though as everything came down his side

And meanwhile Max Aaron's showed why you shouldn't always buy into the hype. Looked like an average player without offering too much against a rusty Sessegnon
Yet we rarely got past him though
He will go to a lower prem tens next season and everyone will be talking about him again

Last edited:
And meanwhile Max Aaron's showed why you shouldn't always buy into the hype. Looked like an average player without offering too much against a rusty Sessegnon

Max Aaron was linked with Barca back when we wanted him wasn't he. I wonder why he has stayed there so long and not just pushed for a move

Selling the one player who can pass forwards until another has been brought in is madness. Even at whatever percentage he plays at, Ndombele is still our most creative player.

You could replace Alli, Winks and Lo Celso with one player, get them up and running and then replace Ndombele with a second creative player later on.

He may be our most creative player but the problem we have here is yet another manager feels he cannot be trusted to start league matches. I am desperate for him to succeed with us but it seems obvious to me at the moment that Conte just does not trust him at the moment

Max Aaron was linked with Barca back when we wanted him wasn't he. I wonder why he has stayed there so long and not just pushed for a move

Probably because while he was linked to different clubs no one actually made a bid for him

Last edited:
Just putting it out there but arrons made more tackles than any of our defenders with 5, as many dribbles as anyone in our side other than Moura and had a passing accuracy of 85% with 5 crosses (only son made more)
There very good stats for a guy playing in a very poor side. He keeps the ball and I don’t remember us getting his much at all (sessegnon got past him once all game)

his championship stats were better than Reece James but he has never had the benefit of playing with players of the quality we have

Just putting it out there but arrons made more tackles than any of our defenders with 5, as many dribbles as anyone in our side other than Moura and had a passing accuracy of 85% with 5 crosses (only son made more)
There very good stats for a guy playing in a very poor side. He keeps the ball and I don’t remember us getting his much at all (sessegnon got past him once all game)

his championship stats were better than Reece James but he has never had the benefit of playing with players of the quality we have

Yeah he does, but that is our problem haha.[/QUOTE]

Max Aarons is going to go to a team like Villa or Leicester next season then get a big move to a City, Liverpool 2 years later and we will moan that we didn’t go for him. Mark my words.

Back