• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Transfer Thread - it couldn't open and close any quicker

The bosman and pre contract is the area we should be looking in.

Get Zakaria, Kessie in on free transfers and sell Dele and Winks.

Use Marklandy and Harvey White as squad filler till the end of the season when we can loan them to the championship.

In the summer sell Bergwijn, Ndombele and Lo Celso about 70m there if we are lucky. Bring in two midfielders.

Sell kane for 100m in the summer,bring in a good striker for 75m and a potential one for 25m.

Sell Rodon, Doherty, Davies, Dier in the Summer and bring in a decent centre half and maybe that Italian from AC Milan who will be on a free.

The is money in that squad even rating our players quite lowly.

I think a focus on players whose contracts are running out is quite likely. Though I'm doubtful we'll be able to do a lot of those deals. Agent fees, signing fees, wages. These deals don't come cheap even if there's no or only a limited transfer fee.

You're suggesting quite a lot of changes to our starting 11. This may prove necessary, but I'm still thinking that there's time for players to prove themselves under Conte. Bedding in a lot of new starting players won't be easy.

Replacing Kane could prove a real challenge. May be the right move, but so many examples of trying to directly replace a star player that either doesn't work or takes a lot of time. If we do go that route come the summer I can only hope it seems like a good idea in hindsight too.

The bosman and pre contract is the area we should be looking in.

Get Zakaria, Kessie in on free transfers and sell Dele and Winks.

Use Marklandy and Harvey White as squad filler till the end of the season when we can loan them to the championship.

In the summer sell Bergwijn, Ndombele and Lo Celso about 70m there if we are lucky. Bring in two midfielders.

Sell kane for 100m in the summer,bring in a good striker for 75m and a potential one for 25m.

Sell Rodon, Doherty, Davies, Dier in the Summer and bring in a decent centre half and maybe that Italian from AC Milan who will be on a free.

The is money in that squad even rating our players quite lowly.

DOubt we'll sign 4 CMs over 2 windows, in addition to having Skipp and PEH

Anyone have anything more than superficial knowledge about Florian Grillitsch?
Austrian link to him recently.

I remember him from the Euros. Everyone was creaming themselves about Sabitzer beforehand, but Grillitsch was actually the guy who ran the show for Austria.

On that sample of three games, he's a big, imposing, all-action CM, fairly mobile, who moves the ball pretty well. A more powerful Skipp perhaps

I remember him from the Euros. Everyone was creaming themselves about Sabitzer beforehand, but Grillitsch was actually the guy who ran the show for Austria.

On that sample of three games, he's a big, imposing, all-action CM, fairly mobile, who moves the ball pretty well. A more powerful Skipp perhaps

It seems he's available for free in the summer. And therefore a possible low price January signing.

It seems he's available for free in the summer. And therefore a possible low price January signing.

He looked a good player. I wonder if squad management wise, Conte/Paratici might do that and cash in on Hojberg to raise funds for other priorities?

I think Hojberg's limitations with the ball might see him follow a Palacios-esque route - i.e. first name on the teamsheet when we were crap, less and less use as we get better. Skipp is obviously first choice in the double-pivot, Winks is the most progressive and we have Sarr coming in too.

Completely different players.... Grillitsch is a defensive midfield player and sometimes centre back while Sabitzer plays either box to box or as one of the attacking midfield players.

With Hojbjerg, Skipp and Winks already at the club I don't really want us bringing in another deep midfielder unless they really have something about them like Brozovic with his playmaking or Kalvin Phillips with his all round game.

If we are seriously looking at him then I wonder whether Conte actually wants him as one of the three centre backs (as he could be suited to that sort of role).

I think we are going to get priced out of Vlahovic. With his form continuing to be excellent this season then no chance they sell him for anywhere near the price Levy is likely to be happy with.

Apparently the price is €70m which currently is £59.5m.

We better crack on and get this done in Jan whilst his club are willing to sell at that price. Lots of other clubs will show an interest in the summer when they realise haaland is joining real madrid.

Still not convinced that Vlahovic can play with Kane. I get how he could replace/rotate with Kane, but I'd have thought we'd want a more mobile CF who can partner both Son and Kane

I like this upcoming transfer window better than any other. I've not seen us linked to the usual 40 to 50 players many I've never heard of. I'm not interested in foreign football and have little knowledge other than German league is on a par with Scottish apart from 3 teams. I think any signings made will not make much of an impact as the acclimatisation to the football and country takes most players at least 6 months.

I like this upcoming transfer window better than any other. I've not seen us linked to the usual 40 to 50 players many I've never heard of. I'm not interested in foreign football and have little knowledge other than German league is on a par with Scottish apart from 3 teams. I think any signings made will not make much of an impact as the acclimatisation to the football and country takes most players at least 6 months.

The German teams outside the top 3 would annihilate the entire SPL. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

I think you need to watch a bit more bundesliga before you make these statements. [emoji1787]

The German teams outside the top 3 would annihilate the entire SPL. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

I think you need to watch a bit more bundesliga before you make these statements. [emoji1787]

Yep

The quality of some French teams is not great but they produce far superior players to the Scottish league.

According to Charlie Eccleshare (Athletic) main priorities in January will be an attacking right wing back and a striker/forward.

Think that's a really good priority if true.

I think that makes a lot of sense. Try and do those two now where we are actually lacking bodies, then focus on upgrading LCB and ACM (unless some of Davies/Alli/GLC/Ndombele really nail it through the spring) in the summer.

According to Charlie Eccleshare (Athletic) main priorities in January will be an attacking right wing back and a striker/forward.

Think that's a really good priority if true.

I was going to say we need a DM to compete with Skipp as a priority but going by Contes comments regarding Winks' best position i guess that's him, until the end of the season at least?

Back