• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

Werner for £7,500,000 is the sort of signing I like. Highly rated youngster from a well known league.

Werner for £7,500,000 is the sort of signing I like. Highly rated youngster from a well known league.
He has hardly set that league alight though has he?

In saying that I guess £7.5 million is very much the price of any sort of potential these days (whether fulfilled or unfulfilled)

In saying that I guess £7.5 million is very much the price of any sort of potential these days (whether fulfilled or unfulfilled)
A year ago he was averaging a goal or assist every other match. That's pretty good for a kid.

At the time he was outperforming Berahino (in np goals and assists) by some margin and was younger. I don't think I've seen nearly enough of either to tell you whether last season was a fluctuation in either direction for one or the other, but he's certainly in the kind of range we should be looking at.

Last edited:

Armchair was saying he has done nothing of note for a season or two now.

Who: Ali Z
When: 23rd July
Where: COYS

Ali Z:
Lennon has made his bed, he won't be part of the first team, not exactly many suitors for him west ham were keen but put off by his wage demands.

on werner:Him and Kramer were both being looked at but not sure we will get either.

Who: Ali Z
Where: COYS
When; July 23

On Yannick Bolasie:
name been mentioned to me along with a few others, Poch wants players with prem exp so suspect at least 1/3 will be players from uk if not 2.

Who: Trix
Where: SC
When: July 23rd

On Adebayor

It's very close, but then it is Ade
Comolli and his cohort had a real hard on for Kramer in that Prozone presentation posted on here a while back. Stats wise he came across as the perfect DM nearly, which probably puts him out of our league. I think I've just thought of a new job for Freund.

Second season syndrome perhaps. Happens a lot with youngsters. His first season was impressive enough that he was seen as the next big thing, so I'd still have some faith he could kick on.

well no. But Reus was also so and so at that age but with an abundance of potential. We should be all over the likes of Werner, especially for that price. His goalscoring record for the German youth teams is outstanding. Obviously club football is more important but it shows he can do it. Can play wide or up front too. I'd be very happy if Berahino and Werner signed.

If we had those three along with Chadli, Lamela and Soldado I'd be happy.

Nooooooooooo! We can't have a happy Scarra... The whole order of the universe would be disturbed.

To say nothing about what happens to Regression to Mean ;)

A year ago he was averaging a goal or assist every other match. That's pretty good for a kid.

At the time he was outperforming Berahino (in np goals and assists) by some margin and was younger. I don't think I've seen nearly enough of either to tell you whether last season was a fluctuation in either direction for one or the other, but he's certainly in the kind of range we should be looking at.
Last season was probably just a regression to the mean. o_O

Is it Armchair Expert who is the resident expert on Germany? I'd like to hear his thoughts if so.

Here's a bit of an illustration:
http://www.squawka.com/comparison-m...kles_won/successful_take_ons/interceptions#90
I don't know if 13/14 was a standout great year or if 14/15 was a bit of a downwards blip but he has looked pretty promising in the past. If we think we can get him to recreate his 13/14 levels then we could be onto a winner - especially at that age.

Impressive stats from Berahino there as a young player in a pretty poor team overall. Go get him Daniel!

Back