• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

Last season was probably just a regression to the mean. o_O

Is it Armchair Expert who is the resident expert on Germany? I'd like to hear his thoughts if so.

If I recall correctly he said Werner was not great last season and we should avoid, or something to that effect, in some thread on here.

I can't see us getting both Werner and Berahino in one window, though it would be nice to see it happen. Can the totaliser (could be Levy's alter ego name) deal with us on spending more than we recoup?

the totaliser (could be Levy's alter ego name)

happy-smileys-emoticons197.gif

Last edited:
I can't see us getting both Werner and Berahino in one window, though it would be nice to see it happen. Can the totaliser (could be Levy's alter ego name) deal with us on spending more than we recoup?

They'd be replacing 3 players though - Ade, Soldado and Lennon. Saving lots of wages.

In terms of outlay - Berahino (£15m) + Werner (£10m) for Soldado (£12m) + Lennon (£8m) + Ade (£0m) only leaves us £5m down.

They'd be replacing 3 players though - Ade, Soldado and Lennon. Saving lots of wages.

In terms of outlay - Berahino (£15m) + Werner (£10m) for Soldado (£12m) + Lennon (£8m) + Ade (£0m) only leaves us £5m down.

The savings in wages would probably cover the other 5m

Who on earth would pay us £12 million for Soldado?.... Did you forget to put a decimal place in or something?

Who on earth would pay us £12 million for Soldado?.... Did you forget to put a decimal place in or something?

I read something about us getting £11m for him. Perhaps the fact we want that much is why he hasn't gone already?

If we really did only pay £13m then 8-10m would be a reasonable fee to get rid especially as he is 29.

Plenty of teams from 4th down in La Liga. He was the best forward in the league outside the top 3 when he left.

Think of it comparable to us signing Lineker, United Hughes or Liverpool Rush

I hope Soldado stays
I have a feeling things will click for him this year and he will fire In plenty of goals.also have a feeling Kane will struggle

Last edited:
I hope Soldado stays
I have a feeling things will click for him this year and he will fire In plenty of goals.also have a feelings Kane will struggle

He may do, good players and managers will try and work out a way of making him less prolific and its up to him to try and overcome that. It will be interesting to see if he can and why we need to find another player to step in if he struggles.

I hope Soldado stays
I have a feeling things will click for him this year and he will fire In plenty of goals.also have a feelings Kane will struggle

I'm a bit ambivalent.

I like is intelligence and commitment, and really want it to work for him (and I do think he could easily do a Forlan and have it suddenly click).

But if we can bring in two of the quick/more dynamic and versatile young forwards we are apparently looking at (Berihino, Werner, Njie, Ntep etc.), I won't be disappointed

Plenty of teams from 4th down in La Liga. He was the best forward in the league outside the top 3 when he left.

Think of it comparable to us signing Lineker, United Hughes or Liverpool Rush

The teams from 4th down in La Liga aren't exactly awash with money. I think all would struggle to give Soldado the £60,000 a week that he earns at Spurs, let alone also pay us a reasonable transfer fee. I think our only hope of selling Soldado to a club outside of the big 3 there would be Seville.

Also I could be wrong but I don't think Lineker had just come off of 2 seasons of abject failure when we signed him from Barcelona?

Personally I think we'll be very lucky if we can bring in even 7 or 8 million for Soldado.

I'm a bit ambivalent.

I like is intelligence and commitment, and really want it to work for him (and I do think he could easily do a Forlan and have it suddenly click).

But if we can bring in two of the quick/more dynamic and versatile young forwards we are apparently looking at (Berihino, Werner, Njie, Ntep etc.), I won't be disappointed

Same as you. Hopefully not just clinging to the hope Soldado can do it (i wish he would as he's the right type of player, just not the goals) as he has a lot of goodwill going for him. BUT realistically, and using the head not the heart perhaps moving on with a new plan and some speedy youth is better especially in the long run.

I'm a bit ambivalent.

Probably the logical view ...

jasper on salvio,the benfica winger getting injured and likely out the entire season: Just our luck as I believe he would have been officially our player now.

jasper clearing up a bit: My response was not against him being injured 'last night'. Overlooked that part, but saw Salvio and responded as his name bought the memories back. He as we know was injured in Benfica's game in May. There is nobody that can come out anywhere and say he was not nailed on to join. Only a few details to iron out, and was meant to take place end of their season. There is another Argentian youngster in the 19-21 age category and we were looking at permit possibilities before we advanced. I do not know how well that has gone.

he added: if he had not got injured (May) he would have been ours by all accounts, accepting things happen like this is 'just our luck'.

Jasper: Can WBA keep him? Going to be very hard to do that I would have thought. The player in question is obvious.

Gards on SB: SB Bid over the weekend? It's all a plan to unsettle! Player wants to come, WB don't want to sell! Game of poker! WB will want min 20m!!

I'm also stating that I have no idea how anyone would know when a bid is due?! Player has spoken to us guaranteed! That's how DL Works!!

Gards being asked if he thinks we will get him: It reminds me of the Bentley deal!

Gards on Levy: I know first hand how he does business #thfc #levy

Gards on PEA: near on impossible! When do spurs send 30m on strikers?

Back