• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

Trevor Sinclair on Talksport this morning saying if England win it's all down to Pep and his time at City !!
He was at Barca when Spain won everything, he was at Bayern when Germany won the world cup

The other pundit did say though well how come when Sir Alex was at United didn't Scotland win everything

Honestly the media love in for the Fraud is unreal

It's weird that bar Kane and Sancho, England have no regular penalty takers. Rashford is the only other player in the squad to have scored more than 2 penalties in his career

Must win game then? I live in hope for tonight but have no illusions that it will be a tough game. Hearing rumours of a back three makes sense and the team appear to be quite flexible given the options on the bench.

One thing that does get to me which probably shouldn't is the whole "Everyone look at me I'm English and don't support the national team" approach which seems to be fairly common on this board and another I frequent from time to time. Totally understand and appreciate that one can be more in to their domestic club than their international team but it's the habit of letting everyone know they won't be watching the game or aren't bothered about the result. Calling people out directly on it presumably would lead to unsolvable debates as people have their reasons and it's free speech at the end of the day but it's puzzling...Whilst it's not an exact parallel, I'm not really in to golf and as such I'm not found posting "I'm not even going to watch the Ryder cup tonight" etc

In my head it seemed comparable to vegans constantly telling you they're vegan, but upon reflection at least there are arguable upsides to veganism whereas this dislike of the national team just seems quite unproductive. I guess when things don't pan out it's a good old feeling to say "See, I told you they were brick all along". Maybe it's a defence mechanism, where it's easier to not care given our record. The Croatia WC semi final was a bit of a bastard to take, but it's more about the journey and now we're one step closer to actually winning something it should be a joyous feeling (without tearing the whole place apart like in the above video to be fair).

Each to their own but it's a shame if people are unable to take some joy out of having a competitive team with lots of talent. Win or lose tonight the whole set up deserves a lot of credit in my opinion.

Back