• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

Have to say two things have stood out for me and there bro footballs related
Football social media influencers always seem to get tickets yet their whole “model” is like a leach to the game
The amount of celebs who have turned up to games ramps up and up as we get further and further

and locally England Italy equates to carnage for Bedford. I’ll be glad to get back home tonight but not sure how I’ll feel on Sunday

Yeah, I work in that world, if you are in the right dept (which I'm not) there are always tickets for things.

What influencers we talking about here? Name and shame.

I'll let Baddiel and Skinner off, their anthem gets them entry.

I feel a strange sense of detachment to it all. Do not really care for the national team.

Any other English posters on here not bothered by it?

Don't know if it is because of the constant media c*ck that has put me off or because a large part of my personality is counter culture and to take the opposite view to the mainstream.

Really do not get why people that do not like football have started following the national team. Is it to be patriotic, will they be there for the qualifiers in September?

I think the main reason is my burning hatred for Harry Kane, does it for England but not us.

Funniest thing is seeing people like Alistair Campbell on the news this morning pretending he wanted England to win.

What influencers we talking about here? Name and shame.

I'll let Baddiel and Skinner off, their anthem gets them entry.

honestly there are loads
Plebs with 10000 Instagram followers looking at their edited photos and videos
Weird dynamic to me

Wow you lot are a grumpy bunch. Why shouldn't people get excited about england doing well? I don't follow a rugby team, but i went to see england v wales in the world cup quarter final the year we won it. Fantastic time (came back a day before the final so had to watch it on tv sadly). Just because you are on here everyday and watch spurs doesn't mean you have more of a right to support england than anyone else. Just enjoy it. We might never see us in a final again.

Summer tournaments bring out the worst in people, they all pretend football doesn't exist then every 2 years go on like they're superfans.
That’s the bit I find odd
I know lads who are England first, club second and go to a LOT of England games including qualifiers in random places
But the ones who have turned up on socials for this tournament has really out me off
I’m born and bread English and I live to see us so we’ll at ALL sports. but I chose Tottenham (well my dad did for me)

@Lilbaz i want people to enjoy the tournaments. Get behind the teams. Have party’s and celebrate

personally I do feel a little distant as I’ve been in Cyprus for the last two games and despite being in the officers mess it was a bit toss. No atmosphere or passion

That’s the bit I find odd
I know lads who are England first, club second and go to a LOT of England games including qualifiers in random places
But the ones who have turned up on socials for this tournament has really out me off
I’m born and bread English and I live to see us so we’ll at ALL sports. but I chose Tottenham (well my dad did for me)

@Lilbaz i want people to enjoy the tournaments. Get behind the teams. Have party’s and celebrate

Brilliant post and is what I feel.

Looking around to find a nice restaurant for Sunday night. Can not even be bothered with it.

Wow you lot are a grumpy bunch. Why shouldn't people get excited about england doing well? I don't follow a rugby team, but i went to see england v wales in the world cup quarter final the year we won it. Fantastic time (came back a day before the final so had to watch it on tv sadly). Just because you are on here everyday and watch spurs doesn't mean you have more of a right to support england than anyone else. Just enjoy it. We might never see us in a final again.

Actually I would counter that and say it gives all true football fans more of a right, why support a team just because they are in a final but not in qualifiers? That makes you a glory hunter and glory hunters are about as popular as the ITK crowd on here.

I think who you support at club level effects it too, my Dad supports Exeter City, I have a friend who supports Charlton Athletic, they are both very into England too, I guess knowing your club is unlikely to ever be relevant or win a proper trophy means you need to live that out elsewhere, whereas if you support one of the mega clubs like we do international football is just a nice summer distraction.

I generally want England to win as I remember watching 86/90 with my Dad, not because I was born here. I've always had a soft spot for Italian football and they have been the best team in the tournament imo, the only reason I would rather England win is because of Kane, if he wasn't the talisman of the England team I'd be wearing my Italy shirt on Sunday night.

Actually I would counter that and say it gives all true football fans more of a right, why support a team just because they are in a final but not in qualifiers? That makes you a glory hunter and glory hunters are about as popular as the ITK crowd on here.

They haven't though. The games on tv have consistently got over 20 million viewers. Same as every worldcup and euros.

I think who you support at club level effects it too, my Dad supports Exeter City, I have a friend who supports Charlton Athletic, they are both very into England too, I guess knowing your club is unlikely to ever be relevant or win a proper trophy means you need to live that out elsewhere, whereas if you support one of the mega clubs like we do international football is just a nice summer distraction.

I generally want England to win as I remember watching 86/90 with my Dad, not because I was born here. I've always had a soft spot for Italian football and they have been the best team in the tournament imo, the only reason I would rather England win is because of Kane, if he wasn't the talisman of the England team I'd be wearing my Italy shirt on Sunday night.
When you see England games the flags are from the smaller sides
It’s their chance to enjoy big games and travel

Last edited:
I feel a strange sense of detachment to it all. Do not really care for the national team.

Any other English posters on here not bothered by it?

Don't know if it is because of the constant media c*ck that has put me off or because a large part of my personality is counter culture and to take the opposite view to the mainstream.

Really do not get why people that do not like football have started following the national team. Is it to be patriotic, will they be there for the qualifiers in September?

I think the main reason is my burning hatred for Harry Kane, does it for England but not us.

Funniest thing is seeing people like Alistair Campbell on the news this morning pretending he wanted England to win.
I'm loving it. Best tournament for as long as I can remember. You sound like you've got a load of old git hang-ups! Enjoy!

They haven't though. The games on tv have consistently got over 20 million viewers. Same as every worldcup and euros.

Really the qualifiers they hold throughout the year get 20m?

Well that is impressive, but I think the point was more about these GHod awful influencer people and the numpties at work who do not care for football then suddenly out of no where do. The is a few were I work and thank GHod I still have to wear a mask because they then can not hear me telling them to fcuk off.

I was around when we won in 66 and what a night we all had. Was a follower for a lot of tournaments after that but once the so called "Golden Generation" came along it turned me right off the whole England set up. Since then i have never really been bothered as the whole charade was about the so called super stars and what clubs they played for.

I know a lot of fans have no time for Southgate but he has managed to create a situation where there are no egos in the squad and they all seem to be playing for each other. That was not always the way during the days of Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney etc and its only now that we have a chemistry ( or seem too) amongst the team again.

Long may it last.

I loathe nearly all things Union Jack since Boris and his Tory boys hijacked this country.
Yes I want us to win of course but I’m a little subdued these days when it comes to supporting England!

Back