• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

I think England fans want to win, that's why they dislike Southgate and the team he's picking so much.

England fans probably do but many "fans" just want do moan, I suppose being losers in life makes them happy to see others fail. I cant understand why a lot of people believe supporting a team that wins things makes them superior to others.

Would be great if Southgate looks at the next opposition and decides that we would be better playing a 4 at the back, or just one of DMs and we end up with a more attractive, dominant performance. The tactics tonight were excellent and worked well, I can't really knock beating Germany in a tournament with a clean sheet! (Note. We don't know if going more attacking would have worked just as well or not) but still, I hope in the way he adapted to tonight that he can also change based on the upcoming opposition if he thinks they have more weaknesses

Would be great if Southgate looks at the next opposition and decides that we would be better playing a 4 at the back, or just one of DMs and we end up with a more attractive, dominant performance. The tactics tonight were excellent and worked well, I can't really knock beating Germany in a tournament with a clean sheet! (Note. We don't know if going more attacking would have worked just as well or not) but still, I hope in the way he adapted to tonight that he can also change based on the upcoming opposition if he thinks they have more weaknesses
Yep if he changes it up I would be very impressed! Playing the tournament horses for courses rather than favourites play whatever, would be great.

Out of England's Euro 2020 squad, Aaron Ramsdale, Ben Chilwell, Ben White, Reece James, Declan Rice, Mason Mount, Jude Bellingham, Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho, Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Phil Foden and Bukayo Sako were not born when England lost to Germany at Euro 96

Bodes well for the future as all get more experienced. Maybe this is the real golden generation

Bodes well for the future as all get more experienced. Maybe this is the real golden generation

How many of the youth world cup and euro winners have come through? We do seem to be producing better youngsters, with some going abroad they seem to be getting better playing time. Sancho and bellingham being examples.

The best may be yet to come.

Absolute scenes at Wembley yesterday
Never witnessed an atmosphere at Wembley like that before was so so good, limbs everywhere when we scored

Loved every minute of yesterday

I just dont get the English disease, why do so many people long for failure and hate winning, I know the rest of the British isles fans love to see their teams doing well yet the English just want to be negative. I know the performances haven't been great but just take the good times when you can, I've waited over 50 years to see us beat Germany in a competition and I'm loving every minute of it, so go and kick the cat and put your Morrisey music on and wallow in your pit of misery all you self loathers.

It’s not moaning about the win and no one wants to see them fail (well proper football fans don’t) its just the dull football and the cracks being papered over with brick performances. Its not as if its the big boys we are beating every game, if it was then you would accept it but we are playing tinkle poor nations and struggling.

It’s not moaning about the win and no one wants to see them fail (well proper football fans don’t) its just the dull football and the cracks being papered over with brick performances. Its not as if its the big boys we are beating every game, if it was then you would accept it but we are playing tinkle poor nations and struggling.

My thought are not aimed at any particular individuals it's the constant this isn't enough attitude. There will be plenty of time criticism and negative thought along the road just go with the positives and be happy, I guarantee your lives will be better.

So we conceded a couple of chances to Germany, big deal. You’ll have to remind me of all these amazing international teams that don’t give away any chances to the big nations. We haven’t conceded a goal in all four games, including Croatia, Germany and Czech Republic who are all good teams winning three of them and drawing one. Down play it all you want, I’m sure every other England manager has had the toughest routes to the final ever seen but Southgate has shown he’s really not that bad…..

Overall I don’t think I’d want Southgate as a manager of Spurs but you can’t argue with his results as England manager. I just get tired of the same old tired cliches of blaming the manager every time England lose or go out of a competition. Always been the same. The players seem to get away with it bad the likes of Rooney who got stick. A mate of mine even said “it’s the players that get the team where they are”. So basically if we lose it’s Southgate’s fault and it we win it, well, it was the players. Again, wouldn’t say I agree with his team selections or tactics but I can’t argue with the end results.

Back