• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

Completely agree and to be fair I've had some great times watching England over the years.
I was at the Euro 96 semi and without doubt the best atmosphere I've ever experienced at football bar none.
For whatever reasons I've found this England team hard to love, the plodding negative football hasn't helped but I woke up this morning with a familiar knot in my stomach, not sure what it was and then an oh! It's England in a tournament quarter final! Up for this now.
Lets have this boys.
COME ON ENGLAND!!!

I have always followed the national side and always get wrapped up. I have always gone to games whenever I can (rare these days) and ignore the plankton. Yes mate. Come on England!

It's amazing the amount of people that think Kane is brick.

Had a friendly today and all the talk was that he should be dropped for Calvert-Lewin.

Not the first time recently I've heard that.

Had a friendly today and all the talk was that he should be dropped for Calvert-Lewin.

My Everton supporting mates said the same thing
I was like… take off a player who can create and score for one who is all about service, service

It's a waste of time playing Kane if Grealish isn't playing or if Foden is stuck out wide, they are the only players with the vision and ability to pass to him rather than hit it somewhere near him and hope. Sterling plays 10yd square or back if he cant run with the ball.

I'm not Grealish's biggest fan by a long stretch but he has to be more effective than Sterling.

Sissoko probably would be.

Is it fashionable to not acknowledge that the guy has scored three times for us so far? Appreciate that Sterling hasn't been perfect but can you argue with the impact he's had this tournament.

Also, wish the pundits would get the memo that we're playing Ukraine, not "the Ukraine" having left the USSR a while ago.

Is it fashionable to not acknowledge that the guy has scored three times for us so far? Appreciate that Sterling hasn't been perfect but can you argue with the impact he's had this tournament.

Also, wish the pundits would get the memo that we're playing Ukraine, not "the Ukraine" having left the USSR a while ago.
Think it’s fashionable to try and make out that he’s playing well isn’t it?

Yes he's had a massive impact, he's managed to convince everyone that one of the best strikers on the planet is brick by not passing to him ;)

I think Sterling’s contribution is massive. Too many people expect too much from him and not enough from those around him.

Think it’s fashionable to try and make out that he’s playing well isn’t it?

I should have said fashionable on here to be fair.

In Russia I found him immensely frustrating and had the odd moan about him but I think the naysayers this time around are just thriving on negativity.

Scored three and ruined 300 scoring opportunities.

Back