• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

I think we saw the two sides of him today - a great pass for Eriksen, and some nice touches - but that lack of thrust when goalscoring opportunities present themselves.

Should start ahead of Son.

We've got some great options off the bench with Chadli, Son and Lamela all getting rotated round. Love Lamela's energy, still think he's got more to come though.

I think a lot of the recent flak Lamela has got stems from the Leicester FA Cup replay game when he could/should have slid a ball in for Eriksen to score but got his angles wrong.

I think he balanced out that 'wrong' today don't you think?

Possibly the best assist conjured up this season. Well done Erik!
What great midfield options we have!!
COYS!

We've got some great options off the bench with Chadli, Son and Lamela all getting rotated round. Love Lamela's energy, still think he's got more to come though.

And Carroll. Expect Mason to get some time now in a more forward role.

The pass to Eriksen was all the things that he hasn't been doing lately. He played the ball early and chose the simple pass. As to stats, all I said was that they are unreliable. They do not take into account everything that happens or DOES NOT happen on a football pitch...they are selective. I don't worship at that alter. I tell you it's getting like a cult.

The pass to Eriksen was all the things that he hasn't been doing lately. He played the ball early and chose the simple pass. As to stats, all I said was that they are unreliable. They do not take into account everything that happens or DOES NOT happen on a football pitch...they are selective. I don't worship at that alter. I tell you it's getting like a cult.

I don't think that anyone has said that a small group of stats take into account everything that happens on a pitch. What I do think though, is that they are a lot less selective than peoples' memory.

I think he made good choices;
I. Decided he couldn't play the pass to guarantee a goal so instead
II. Didn't shoot (like most players would have)
So
III. Took it to the edge to see what else was on - saw no option or support, so took it to the corner.
This.

It's only because he dummied the defenders (and us) so well that people think he was being indecisive.

That's why I tend to watch twice. :rolleyes:
They're still less selective than your brain's interpretation of what you see. It's not that memory in itself is bad (although length of passed time from event to recollection does have an effect), it's that everything on its way in and out of your brain goes through the filter of your* preconceptions.

*(Not just yours BTW, everyone's - that's why it's so important to always have the backup of cold, hard facts).

That run, that pass, at that time in that game. That's why he was £30m.

Just a shame he took 18 months to settle in England. I like the boy though.

He needs to shoot the same way he passed that ball. He did it earlier, against Watford I think, shaped one way and stroked home the other side.

I think we saw the two sides of him today - a great pass for Eriksen, and some nice touches - but that lack of thrust when goalscoring opportunities present themselves.

Should start ahead of Son.

Perfect decision to not pass the ball when no properly good option was available at 2-1 up with the clock running down away to Emirates Marketing Project. Take the ball to the corner flag, keep possession. Wish more of our players had been better at that, perhaps Hugo's wonderful interception of Aguero's cross hadn't even been necessary.

IMHO Lamela does not cope too well with teams that sit deep in numbers. The City game suited him down to the ground because he had space.

The pass to Eriksen worked out, but if you watch the replay from the right angle when he pokes it forward toward Eriksen it takes a deflection off the inside leg of Otamendi and then falls perfectly into the path of Eriksen, had that not happened it may well have gone slightly behind Eriksen and made the chance that much harder for the Dutchman to finish.

I'm not trying to take anything away from the goal, it was a great run from Lamela and vision to attempt the pass through such a small window, but a bit of fortune went our way on that goal.

Back