• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Bale-esque driving run, that. What composure and timing and skill to release the ball, too.

And Lamela came on with that trademark energy, workrate and desire too.

Huge player for our team and squad. And he can get better...

Came on crated one with a blinding run and Done his job again

Maybe should Have done something smarter when through towards the end with Chaldi on his left... But he ran the clock down in the end

Came on crated one with a blinding run and Done his job again

Maybe should Have done something smarter when through towards the end with Chaldi on his left... But he ran the clock down in the end
You could see he thought about it, but weighed up the risk/reward and decided the running down the clock was best

I remember he used to frustrate me because he would try these incredible, eye of needle, balls and often lode possession when the opposition cut them out. He still plays those balls, but knows when to and when not to now.

You could see he thought about it, but weighed up the risk/reward and decided the running down the clock was best

I remember he used to frustrate me because he would try these incredible, eye of needle, balls and often lode possession when the opposition cut them out. He still plays those balls, but knows when to and when not to now.
He thought about it but didn't make the decision quick enough hence why he didn't make that pass

When he has no time on the ball he creates some blinding chances

When he has time he struggles with his decisions

He thought about it but didn't make the decision quick enough hence why he didn't make that pass

When he has no time on the ball he creates some blinding chances

When he has time he struggles with his decisions
I think he decided not to make the pass the moment he looked up and saw we had two against their three.

He dummied a lot and faked out their defence - I think he did it to a few of us too.

Whatchu got to say now mate!

I know I know one game but he made the second goal today!

Ha, ha and I'm accused of being selective! Stats don't measure whether a particular outcome was intended or a fluke. I'm putting this into the top left corner...oh yes, what a great cross and goal and the reverse, you know the drill. Also what about the things that stats don't measure, the lack of a player tracking, a failure to release the ball quickly, poor decision making etc. Where are the stats for these? So you can clearly see, stats only provide a partial picture and are therefore, inherently un-reliable.

Ha, ha and I'm accused of being selective! Stats don't measure whether a particular outcome was intended or a fluke. I'm putting this into the top left corner...oh yes, what a great cross and goal and the reverse, you know the drill. Also what about the things that stats don't measure, the lack of a player tracking, a failure to release the ball quickly, poor decision making etc. Where are the stats for these? So you can clearly see, stats only provide a partial picture and are therefore, inherently un-reliable.

Well that is why I posted a selection of statistics to try and show a more balanced assessment of his strengths and weaknesses. The stats were over the course of the season and evened out to show events per 90 minutes which should allow enough time to account for flukes.

I do not understand how anyone could think that is a less reliable measure of his performances this season than one person's opinion.

Back