• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Boss today.
Guvnor.

Aside from the decision making when we had a 4v1 , which was very congested, worked his nuts off.
Well done Erik.
I think its in positions like that we would like to see him having a crack. Was strange today with that 4v1 that there just wasn't a pass on, either the defender did insanely well with his positioning or the movement of our players was awful.

I wondered at the time if it was on his mind that Kane was on for a hatrick and he wanted to give it to him, we have seen him almost pass behind Kane and Kane still knocks it in and thats where the ball was finally passed.

Getting very very keen to see him put pen to paper again (if he hasn't already)

I think its in positions like that we would like to see him having a crack. Was strange today with that 4v1 that there just wasn't a pass on, either the defender did insanely well with his positioning or the movement of our players was awful.

I wondered at the time if it was on his mind that Kane was on for a hatrick and he wanted to give it to him, we have seen him almost pass behind Kane and Kane still knocks it in and thats where the ball was finally passed.

Getting very very keen to see him put pen to paper again (if he hasn't already)
All three of them were stood in a line

Coming on leaps and bounds, every game a noticeable improvement - i now have confidence in him whereas before it was more dread.

So many aspects improving and adapting to this leagues football. Really exciting.

For posterity I would like to mention the crossfield pass with the outside of his boot to Son. Incredibly difficult technique over that range. One that GHod would have been proud of. Son was offside unfortunately.

Last edited:
He's using his right foot more lately, but seems there isn't that much trust in it yet. Else he would have likely cut to the right on that 4v1 and taken the shot. I don't mind one bit though. If he continues like that, in a few months he'll be our main man methinks.

Tottenham attacker Erik Lamela celebrates Norwich win with his No 1 fan... his pet dog!
  • Attacker Erik Lamela has been much improved for Tottenham this season
  • Lamela was brandished a flop last season but has won the Spurs fans over
  • The Argentine featured as Tottenham earned three points on Boxing Day
  • Lamela took to Instagram to celebrate with his No 1 fan - his pet Bulldog
By DANIEL PRESCOTT FOR MAILONLINE

Argentine attacker Erik Lamela has done his very best to win over the Tottenham faithful with numerous improved performances this season - but it appears his dog will always be his most loyal.

Lamela, who was brandished a £30million flop following his move from Italian side Roma, took to Instagram to show off a picture of him and his dog shortly after Saturday's victory against Norwich.

Alongside the picture, Lamela, who has scored seven goals in all competitions this season, wrote: 'Come home and found my No 1 fan. Great game today, lets go for the next one.'

2FA00A0700000578-0-image-a-12_1451174981901.jpg

Erik Lamela is all smiles as he poses with his dog after victory against Norwich in the Premier League

Lamela's much-improved form this season has helped his side fight their way to become outside challengers for the Premier League title.

Mauricio Pochettino's side currently sit fourth in the division, six points adrift of current table-toppers Leicester who were defeated by Liverpool on Boxing Day.

Tottenham were able to close the gap on the Premier League's surprise package thanks in large to striker Harry Kane who scored twice in Saturday's 3-0 win at White Hart Lane.

The north London side were also buoyed by results on the south coast as Southampton thumped rivals Arsenal, who are four points clear in second, by four goals to nil.

Next up for Tottenham is a tricky but short trip to Watford who are unbeaten in five matches having beaten Liverpool, Sunderland, Norwich and Aston Villa to rise to seventh place.

While on Boxing Day they heaped more pressure on west London side Chelsea by grabbing a share of the spoils at Stamford Bridge thanks to goals from Troy Deeney and Odion Ighalo.

------------------------------------------

It is a lazy-looking dog ! Maybe if he gets a more active dog, it will help him score more goals ! It is really frustrating to see him working so hard and doing everything except scoring now.

For posterity I would like to mention the crossfield pass with the outside of his boot to Son. Incredibly difficult technique over that range. One that GHod would have been proud of. Son was offside unfortunately.

True but by the same token it also highlights his reticence to use his right foot, when this would be the easier and more logical option - read the same for the rabona. GHod would not have played that pass because he would have dinked it to Son with his right foot...

Having said that, I must say that Lamela has shifted from the player who gave me the jitters simply from seeing his name in the starting lineup to one who gives me a shock when he does not get up immediately from a tackle through the fear of any injury that could keep him out of even a single game - that is how much is he important to our new look team.

I have had to change my expectations of him and realise that there is only one Gareth Bale and equally one Eric Lamela. His industry is a joy to see and he is finally coupling that with incisive running and good passing.

Will not hesitate to admit I was wrong about our Argentine little gem...

My MOM against Norwich as well. I am sure that the goals will come in the EPL. This guy is fast justifying his price tag, and I suppose an interesting question would be if anyone would sell him for £30m now. I know I wouldn't, especially when it would take at least £20m to get a Bolasie.

If Lamela had the speed of N'jie, in addition to his current form, he'd be one of the most fearsome players in the PL. I'll take him as he is though, no complaints!

My MOM against Norwich as well. I am sure that the goals will come in the EPL. This guy is fast justifying his price tag, and I suppose an interesting question would be if anyone would sell him for £30m now. I know I wouldn't, especially when it would take at least £20m to get a Bolasie.

Surely, Lamela's value should be more than 30m now and closer to 50m mark. But even for 50m, it is not worth selling him for. He has been one of our best players this season. It will be a huge setback for us if we are to sell him. Afterall, there are not many players who can replace him and perform for us instantly.

If Lamela had the speed of N'jie, in addition to his current form, he'd be one of the most fearsome players in the PL. I'll take him as he is though, no complaints!

I don't think lack of speed is Lamela's problem now. His main problem is lack of goals. He will be a world class player if he can improve his self confidence and score more goals.

I don't think lack of speed is Lamela's problem now. His main problem is lack of goals. He will be a world class player if he can improve his self confidence and score more goals.
Agree, but if he could turn on the jets like an N'jie or Mane, he'd be on a completely different level.

This was an awesome pass wasn't it

Back