• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Still needs to improve his end product, but definitely far improved from last season. He's started to cut out the tricks and has started to focus more on getting the basics right first, something Bentaleb can learn from him regarding too IMO.

Still needs to improve his end product, but definitely far improved from last season. He's started to cut out the tricks and has started to focus more on getting the basics right first, something Bentaleb can learn from him regarding too IMO.

He most definitely is. He's getting better all the time and I think our team looks much better with him in the team.

Since no one has posted this yet (or maybe someone has, so apologies), I'm noticing he's using his right foot more and more lately. The goal against Monaco, for one, and a couple of crosses in league games that even caught me by surprise. If he continues to do that he'll be an even bigger weapon than her already is. Can't wait to see more of it!

I fell in the trap of wanting him to be the end product last season, he will progress and progress as the ability is obviously in there, now he is adapting to the league which is great to see.

he is getting more goals which is good, and has some tidy assists. But What I really want to see from him is the ability to beat mean, take him on. This will then mean teams have to compensate for him and this will in turn allow spaces for the others.

Its nice to see he is coming on. But its not the 15 goals in the league Lamela we bought from Roma.

he is getting more goals which is good, and has some tidy assists. But What I really want to see from him is the ability to beat mean, take him on. This will then mean teams have to compensate for him and this will in turn allow spaces for the others.

Its nice to see he is coming on. But its not the 15 goals in the league Lamela we bought from Roma.

But this is a harder and better league

He also had a lot more room at Roma and was playing in an side that was in theory better positioned in the league respectively

Them drum I have been banging is that we need him to perform against park the bus sides (bit this season there aren't many of them anymore as no one seems to be able to defend).

Even his biggest critic has to acknowledge that he has improved a lot

My biggest gripe with Lamela has always been we bought a game winner, and the Lamela of last season was a contributor (work rate, defense, assists), not a game winner.

This season it's slowly changing (Hatrick game), he may not be the 15 goal player (he has 7 all up so far this season) of Roma, but I think you can now see him becoming that player, actually a better version of him at some point (something I couldn't see 6 months ago).

Would you really be surprised if Lamela scored 15 goals next season?

If we get knocked out of the F.A Cup and the Europa it would be pretty useless having 15 goals and 10 of them being in the competition we are no longer in. imo

i mean Kane's goals last season were a TOTAL waste of time because we didn't win the league or get top 4.

Actually, scratch that - his goals did stop us getting relegated:rolleyes:

i mean Kane's goals last season were a TOTAL waste of time because we didn't win the league or get top 4.

Actually, scratch that - his goals did stop us getting relegated:rolleyes:

The league is important and is always there (unless we get relegated) its the bread and butter of each team. Scoring 50 goals in the group stage of the Europa league or 10 goals in the third round of the F.A cup is irrelevant if you do not get far in it.

The league is important and is always there (unless we get relegated) its the bread and butter of each team. Scoring 50 goals in the group stage of the Europa league or 10 goals in the third round of the F.A cup is irrelevant if you do not get far in it.

Goals are goals, wherever and whenever they are scored. Goals from non-strikers like Lamela should also not be dismissed too lightly...have you forgetten how we used to be so reliant on one or two class strikers?

You know what? I was thinking about this the other day. We have Chadli, Eriksen, Son, Lamela, Alli who have all shown they have goals in them.

That's 5 midfielders. Not often we have that

You know what? I was thinking about this the other day. We have Chadli, Eriksen, Son, Lamela, Alli who have all shown they have goals in them.

That's 5 midfielders. Not often we have that

Indeed; a bit similar to another club not far located to us....:oops:

Not sure they have 5 players in midfield who have/will score 10+ a season, not sure anyone does to be fair ... (outside of our lot)

You could probably add this season's Dembele to the list, even though I'd still be surprised if he got to 10.

Back