• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Howard Webb

I just noticed Howard Webb's reaction when Eriksen scores......tbh he sort of hops in hope that the ball goes in:lol:

I think he's outstanding, and I'm not sure anyone could have done a better job in that WCF.

He was in a lose lose situation in that match. No matter what he did it wouldn't have gone down well. My dutch mate hated him at the time even though I pointed out that De Jong should've been off

Think he is still the best ref in the League, even moreso after Jan 1st.

Have to say though I was impressed with Neil Swarbrick on Monday night though

Best ref in the league my ****.

Just the most photogenic, not entirely unresemblant of Collina, which seems to be an important part of a ref's portfolio when it comes to FIFA/UEFA these days.

Just the most photogenic, not entirely unresemblant of Collina, which seems to be an important part of a ref's portfolio when it comes to FIFA/UEFA these days.

He is easily the best ref in the league, most of the time very good. For some reason we have always been on the wrong end of his poor decisions but overall he referees very well...

He is easily the best ref in the league, most of the time very good. For some reason we have always been on the wrong end of his poor decisions but overall he referees very well...

This. Get past the predictable 'Ferguson's puppet' jokes and you'll find a very, very good referee: commanding when necessary, generally right and approachable enough to both the players and the management during and after games. Sure, he slips up sometimes, but show me a referee that doesn't and I'll show you either a liar or a T-800.

This for, unlike some fans i do not usally **** refs off and blame them when we lose. But Webb is a poor ref who likes to be the centre of attraction all the time.

Would he still be a good ref if he had awarded that penalty against United and they went on to either draw or beat us?

Phil Thompson made an astute point on Soccer Saturday, the other Premier League refs get "rested" after a bad performance. Why does the same not happen to Webb? The other refs must think why is Webb not reprimanded after so many high profile ****ups?

Thompson would have said the exact opposite had the incident favored Liverpool.

True but he still has a point. The FA back Webb to the hilt and yet every other ref is punished when they make a blinder. It's almost like he's got to the position as "England's best ref" and nothing is ever going to change that, bar retirement.

Back