• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Howard Webb

Ok i cannot find a video of the incident but i found one pretty similar involving Sterling against City. He gets his shot off and then is clattered. So is this a penalty?

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/awful-miss-liverpools-raheem-sterling-blazes-over-from-close-range-vine-video/

Like i said. This happens a lot in a lot of games. IF you are going to give free kicks and penalties every time this happens, then it will happen a lot.

Rules say that it needs to deny a goal scoring opportunity. So if they get their shot off no. Similar if Erikson's goal had been saved by De Gea, then would we get a penalty because Valencia missed the ball but kicked Erikson in the head

Not sure why anyone cares, in my opinion Webb made the right call, for most it's at worst debatable.

United would need to get about 25 season's worth of **** calls in consecutive games before they would be even with Spurs alone, far less all the other tams that have got **** decisions against them in the past.

Ok i cannot find a video of the incident but i found one pretty similar involving Sterling against City. He gets his shot off and then is clattered. So is this a penalty?

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/awful-miss-liverpools-raheem-sterling-blazes-over-from-close-range-vine-video/

Like i said. This happens a lot in a lot of games. IF you are going to give free kicks and penalties every time this happens, then it will happen a lot.

No I don't think the Sterling one was a penalty. But I still think Lloris fouled Young, not that I'm complaining.

No I don't think the Sterling one was a penalty. But I still think Lloris fouled Young, not that I'm complaining.

No complaints here either, but out of interest why do you think one was and one wasn't a pen? Both incidents are identical in that they get clattered after they have played the ball and it is out of their reach / control. Either both are, or both aren't, pens.

(For me, neither are pens).

if they didn't dive and complain for everything, perhaps the genuine ones would be taken more seriously.

Dive, dive, dive, foul.. aww ref why not! dive, dive, dive.

Exactly. Ashley Young is on record saying he dives and it's up to the ref to decide whether it's genuine or not, so he can hardly complain if the decision goes against him.

Can I just check what Kane did, am I right in saying the following?

- Kane played through by one of our guys but was in an offside position
- Linesman decides not to flag until Kane interferes with play
- Kane eventually interferes with play by booting the ball high and away?

If so, genius :)

Yup, very clever by Kane. I thought that he could get booked for kicking the ball away, until mate told me that the offside call was yet to be given.

I was surprised that he came on but he delivered a good shift.

Was Dembele lucky to not get sent off? A Man U player made a professional foul to stop Dembele and gets a yellow. Dembele then does exactly the same thing a few minutes later to a Man U player, but Webb doesn't book him - and he had already been booked.

Was Dembele lucky to not get sent off? A Man U player made a professional foul to stop Dembele and gets a yellow. Dembele then does exactly the same thing a few minutes later to a Man U player, but Webb doesn't book him - and he had already been booked.

Referees usually allow a bit of leniency when you've been booked, it's a normal thing. Despite what they might want you to believe, I doubt any referee wants to be saddled with something as big as a sending off in a high-octane encounter like that. It's nothing to worry about, imo.

We did get lucky with Lloris' rush out to flatten Young going unpunished.

I believe Kane would have done it even if the linesman had flagged: what's a yellow card versus ten or so crucial seconds in an all or nothing game?

Almost spot on.

Wasn't really a through ball, Kane had put pressure on De Gea iirc and was miles offside. The ball up was more of a clearance/result of a challenge, not an actual through ball aimed at Kane.

Other than that it's exactly what happened.

Almost spot on.

Wasn't really a through ball, Kane had put pressure on De Gea iirc and was miles offside. The ball up was more of a clearance/result of a challenge, not an actual through ball aimed at Kane.

Other than that it's exactly what happened.

I love how both backs are appealing for a yellow for kicking the ball away :)

I love how both backs are appealing for a yellow for kicking the ball away :)

To be fair, had an opponent done that against us I would have been furious... "Cynical, little ****ing "&¤#&%!#%&%Y/# twunting bastard of hate inducing anti-football ****face" would probably been mentioned I think.

Two apalling games in about 4 days, how people can still say he's our best ref I've no idea. He'll go to the World Cup no doubt though, almost like they judge it on rep alone.

Two apalling games in about 4 days, how people can still say he's our best ref I've no idea. He'll go to the World Cup no doubt though, almost like they judge it on rep alone.

..and yet he embarrassed himself in the final last time round. If FIFA had any sense (and we all know why not) they would tell the bouncers not to let him in

Back