• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I don’t see any player of Kanes level leaving us unless it’s a guarantee
He gets that at Barca, psg and the two Spanish clubs
In England it’s city
Chelsea would have to improve by 100% just finish second based in city’s points last season
I can’t see it
and I can see Boehly sacking Poch in 18 months and resorting back to buying players off the BBC rumours page as much as I can see them getting back to be a top side
The thing in their favour is their pseudo owners in Saudi can take all the cast offs they want to pump money back in

I wouldn't put Barca in that bracket at the minute, nor Madrid until Carlo's situation is sorted. One of them will come out on top, but right now its 6 to 5 and pick em, so a risk.

I can see Boehly sacking Poch by the end of August, he's a lunatic.

In England it’s city
Chelsea would have to improve by 100% just finish second based in city’s points last season
I can’t see it
and I can see Boehly sacking Poch in 18 months and resorting back to buying players off the BBC rumours page as much as I can see them getting back to be a top side
The thing in their favour is their pseudo owners in Saudi can take all the cast offs they want to pump money back in

I don't see it either (Chelsea improving by that much) but it was a discussion based on the hypothetical scenario that they did.

In England it’s city
I can’t see it

He's also reported to have said that he doesnt want to go to PSG. That leaves:

- City (if they dont have Haaland)
- Real (if they dont have Haaland)
- Bayern
- Barca (maybe - no guarantee of trophies)
- Utd (maybe - no guarantee of trophies)

Perhaps a dozen clubs might want him, but there's only a very small number which he might go to

He's also reported to have said that he doesnt want to go to PSG. That leaves:

- City (if they dont have Haaland)
- Real (if they dont have Haaland)
- Bayern
- Barca (maybe - no guarantee of trophies)
- Utd (maybe - no guarantee of trophies)

Perhaps a dozen clubs might want him, but there's only a very small number which he might go to
You do realise City are capable of signing Kane with Haaland being there? Especially with De Brynes injury record and the fact that Kane often plays deeper.....

You do realise City are capable of signing Kane with Haaland being there? Especially with De Brynes injury record and the fact that Kane often plays deeper.....
Pep wouldn't buy Kane to play AM. Kane is not his kind of AM. After Pep leaves maybe someone else would but Pep wouldn't.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Pep wouldn't buy Kane to play AM. Kane is not his kind of AM. After Pep leaves maybe someone else would but Pep wouldn't.

Yeah I can agree with that, but still think they would be interested in signing him on a free and them playing together would work. Not convinced that will be where Kane ends up mind, just wouldn't write off City going for him just because they have Haaland....

I think we probably will sell Kane.

The conversation the club has with him, probably says: we won't take the risk you might not sign later. You either sign with a fair break clause, with various release clauses and fees based on having CL etc etc so you can exit next summer if things don't work out...or we have to sell you this summer. If Kane says I won't go, then he is putting himself and the club in a difficult position. It could see him stagnate and played from the bench, and would lower his standing. So no one wants that. And it means the club have some leverage. We want a happy win-win. We want Kane and Postecoglou to have some flexibility - neither knows how well they'll get along with the new system. So this is the best scenerio for all concerned and lets everyone try for a year with a fair exit. If not, the clubs hand is forced.
None of that is going to happen.

Signing Any kind of contract is pointless from Kanes pov.

He'll behave and put maximum effort in if it's his final year (like Modric).

I do think we'd sell and put the offer to Kane if Bayern bid north of £100m but I don't think the transfer fee loss is critical to the club if he stays, not with Ange in charge.

He can (and probably will) decide whether to stick with us deep, or at the end of next season. He's always made it clear it's the club direction and ability to challenge that matters to him

I mean I've not really suggested that sneaking top 4 or that a trophy would be the limit of his ambitions beyond next season with us at all - more so that a good season now in the new managers first season would go some way to show that we can get ourselves back in the frame for top honors moving forwards.

If Kane thinks we're on to something with Ange off the back of whatever happens next season then i think he's not going to be so quick to walk away
Tbh if we won the FA cup next year he might be more inclined to leave. Trophy at Spurs box ticked.

Club/Kane should issue a statement to that effect .I don't see how he can sign for anyone this year and be better financially off than being a free agent next year.

None of that is going to happen.

Signing Any kind of contract is pointless from Kanes pov.

He'll behave and put maximum effort in if it's his final year (like Modric).

I do think we'd sell and put the offer to Kane if Bayern bid north of £100m but I don't think the transfer fee loss is critical to the club if he stays, not with Ange in charge.

He can (and probably will) decide whether to stick with us deep, or at the end of next season. He's always made it clear it's the club direction and ability to challenge that matters to him

If the release clauses are reasonable, say 45m if we don’t get CL. 75 if we do etc then everybody wins. Kane will be a central part of the team. We’ll build the side around him, and if it doesn’t work he can leave for a low fee.

Otherwise, how can you build a side around a player who will likely walk in a year?

Old records and current records are comparable because they played against their contemporaries.
Greaves and kane are the best goal scorers of tgeir generation playing against the best defenders of their generation.
Tactics are another story.

If the release clauses are reasonable, say 45m if we don’t get CL. 75 if we do etc then everybody wins. Kane will be a central part of the team. We’ll build the side around him, and if it doesn’t work he can leave for a low fee.

Otherwise, how can you build a side around a player who will likely walk in a year?
You don't and Kane won't sign that deal. There's nothing in it for him. He just has play out this season and he's free to choose where he wants to go without the interference of Levy or any other outside body.

Yeah and Pep still bought Haaland and made it work, fairly sure he'd easily fit Kane into the side playing just behind Haaland.
I've watched a lot of Pep's football. He likes a certain kind of AM. I don't want to overly bore you with details, but Kane just doesn't fit the mould of a Pep team AM and Pep basically never plays with 2 strikers. I just can't see Pep still wanting Kane now that he has Haaland. You can of course disagree, but his history suggests very much otherwise imo.

Back