• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

It’s United, I reckon he would.

Why?

Cash - yes, he'd earn more
Goals - well, he'd get Shearer's record at Spurs. Doesn't need to move for that
Trophies - better chance probably, but far from certain

I'm not sure its certain that he'd move there

On the record, I see it mentioned a lot and I’m sure Harry wants it. But is it that big a deal to him to have serious influence on any decision.

I don’t mean to sound like an old codger, but at the end of the day, it’s the “top scorer since 1992” record. It’s still miles off Greaves in terms of top flight goals.

There was a post just above mine saying he (the poster) could see Poch bringing Kane in as the final price of his jigsaw

Yeah i know - just not sure how that ties in with the tone of your post. Which, as already explained, makes it out to be more of a talking point/general opinion than it is.

Why?

It’s a special club, one of the biggest in football, there is something about them that appeals to everyone.

Other than @parklane1 of course, which is fair enough.

On the record, I see it mentioned a lot and I’m sure Harry wants it. But is it that big a deal to him to have serious influence on any decision.

I don’t mean to sound like an old codger, but at the end of the day, it’s the “top scorer since 1992” record. It’s still miles off Greaves in terms of top flight goals.

Greaves' record is historic/old football and bares no relation to the modern game imv, no ones beating those old timey records - PL records essentially cover the modern era of football in this country and is a worthwhile record as a result. Not that i think it'll impact his decision making in any way shape or form - whilst he's here it's a target to aim for, no more, no less

fair point

if he doesn’t, and it’s just as many trophies as possible, then Bayern and PSG are top of the list

It’s a special club, one of the biggest in football, there is something about them that appeals to everyone.

Other than @parklane1 of course, which is fair enough.

To an extent, but much more for a Berbatov or Carrick with less history at Spurs, than Kane.

Utd also aren't what they once were - before it was certainty of being in the last 4 of the CL, top couple of the PL etc

I'm not sure I see Kane going there

Yeah i know - just not sure how that ties in with the tone of your post. Which, as already explained, makes it out to be more of a talking point/general opinion than it is.
My post was more that every time the subject or Kane leaving comes up someone says it’s for Chelsea to play with Poch again
I find it odd myself
I’ve worked for some great bosses but I’ve moved on and so have they. I wouldn’t what to work for them now and I doubt very much Kane would join Poch at Chelsea

To an extent, but much more for a Berbatov or Carrick with less history at Spurs, than Kane.

Utd also aren't what they once were - before it was certainty of being in the last 4 of the CL, top couple of the PL etc

I'm not sure I see Kane going there

Fair enough, we’ll see I guess.

I’d still say they are the biggest club in the country, City need another two decades of this to get into that conversation.

Why?

Better chance today
Who knows next season
United could flip to being bang average again (i don’t think they will)

My post was more that every time the subject or Kane leaving comes up someone says it’s for Chelsea to play with Poch again
I find it odd myself
I’ve worked for some great bosses but I’ve moved on and so have they. I wouldn’t what to work for them now and I doubt very much Kane would join Poch at Chelsea

He didn’t seem that interested in playing for him in the 6 months before we sacked him.

Fair enough, we’ll see I guess.

I’d still say they are the biggest club in the country, City need another two decades of this to get into that conversation.

History wise I 100% agree with you.

Question is why Harry would move, and that's about the following 2-3 years rather than 20 years

As long as City are the force they are, moving to another English club doesn't really seem like an option for Kane to me wrt quenching his desire for trophies - in the event that we have a good season this year then the thought process would surely be that we're as likely to do as well as any other non City team going forwards

Greaves' record is historic/old football and bares no relation to the modern game imv, no ones beating those old timey records - PL records essentially cover the modern era of football in this country and is a worthwhile record as a result. Not that i think it'll impact his decision making in any way shape or form - whilst he's here it's a target to aim for, no more, no less

Meh...you may be right but seems silly to me. You could call it "top scorer since 1992" and it'd be more accurate but doesn't sound as sexy. It'd be like discounting Harry's international record because "Greaves and Lineker played against proper teams and not San Marino and Liechtenstein".

I find it odd myself

But that isn't what the poster said, he just said Poch would sign Kane if he had a good season with Chelsea and it could be sold to him that he'd be the missing piece of the jigsaw for them (presumably to win the big prizes) - you've just reframed that point as Kane going there just because of Poch.

As long as City are the force they are, moving to another English club doesn't really seem like an option for Kane to me wrt quenching his desire for trophies - in the event that we have a good season this year then the thought process would surely be that we're as likely to do as well as any other non City team going forwards

Yes, and that tracks if it’s trophies at any cost, but if he wants to feel like he’s achieved something, and been the difference, what does he get at City?

They could play me up front next season and they’d still win everything.

Meh...you may be right but seems silly to me. You could call it "top scorer since 1992" and it'd be more accurate but doesn't sound as sexy. It'd be like discounting Harry's international record because "Greaves and Lineker played against proper teams and not San Marino and Liechtenstein".

The game took a massive step forward at that time. It is relevant.

Greaves was a genius, but he had 2 pints and a roast before every game, everyone smoked, it was a different game then.

You put a 60’s player in the PL, they would be subbed 10 mins in, you put a player from now into a 60’s game and they will run rings around everyone through fitness alone.

Back