• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I've watched a lot of Pep's football. He likes a certain kind of AM. I don't want to overly bore you with details, but Kane just doesn't fit the mould of a Pep team AM and Pep basically never plays with 2 strikers. I just can't see Pep still wanting Kane now that he has Haaland. You can of course disagree, but his history suggests very much otherwise imo.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
And history suggested very much that Haaland was not the type of striker that Pep uses. Look at all the other strikers that he has used, they tend to be almost AM more than out and out strikers like Haaland. Plenty said that Haaland wouldn't fit in, guess what, he has, Pep has made it work. Kane fits into the type of player that Pep likes a lot more than Haaland.
The system that City are playing now is more or less 3-2-4-1. Kane easily fits into the two behind Haaland.

If the release clauses are reasonable, say 45m if we don’t get CL. 75 if we do etc then everybody wins. Kane will be a central part of the team. We’ll build the side around him, and if it doesn’t work he can leave for a low fee.

Otherwise, how can you build a side around a player who will likely walk in a year?
You argued against yourself in your other post below the one I replied to.

Paraphrase...
Kane gets everything as a free agent...why sign something that gives a big chunk of that away.

If the release clauses are reasonable, say 45m if we don’t get CL. 75 if we do etc then everybody wins. Kane will be a central part of the team. We’ll build the side around him, and if it doesn’t work he can leave for a low fee.

Otherwise, how can you build a side around a player who will likely walk in a year?
You can only build your team for a year, nobody knows what the team will be like in a years time (except Dier will still be here :p ).

You don't and Kane won't sign that deal. There's nothing in it for him. He just has play out this season and he's free to choose where he wants to go without the interference of Levy or any other outside body.

You argued against yourself in your other post below the one I replied to.

Paraphrase...
Kane gets everything as a free agent...why sign something that gives a big chunk of that away.

It is about compromise. The club have some levers. I can't be bothered to repeat myself again, but essentially Kane could stagnate and not be the main guy, potentially playing from the bench. And we saw with the City's interest the fans did not take long to boo Kane. Things could quite quickly sour, which no one wants. Let's go out on a high with Kane, or with a trophy. To do that he has to sign something or else we should/will sell.

For the sake of a low release clause at 40-45m Spurs can compromise, and so could Kane. Each side would lose a little, but not that much. Spurs would get a chunk of money, more if we get CL and he still wants to go etc. It can be staggered so everyone has a fair exit, if it is needed.

Alternatively, Kane has to navigate a year where everyone knows he is not committed. Where his manager knows he's not building a side with him. I don't think its a season to relish for Kane. Or at least I wouldn't be painting it as such. With compromise on both side, however, then we can power forward with him. Try to win things, and have security on both sides. If not, it gets messy.

It is about compromise. The club have some levers. I can't be bothered to repeat myself again, but essentially Kane could stagnate and not be the main guy, potentially playing from the bench. And we saw with the City's interest the fans did not take long to boo Kane. Things could quite quickly sour, which no one wants. Let's go out on a high with Kane, or with a trophy. To do that he has to sign something or else we should/will sell.

For the sake of a low release clause at 40-45m Spurs can compromise, and so could Kane. Each side would lose a little, but not that much. Spurs would get a chunk of money, more if we get CL and he still wants to go etc. It can be staggered so everyone has a fair exit, if it is needed.

Alternatively, Kane has to navigate a year where everyone knows he is not committed. Where his manager knows he's not building a side with him. I don't think its a season to relish for Kane. Or at least I wouldn't be painting it as such. With compromise on both side, however, then we can power forward with him. Try to win things, and have security on both sides. If not, it gets messy.
I don’t remember anyone booing Kane
I go to a lot of games and never heard it

It's not about compromise, Kane has no reason to, and the club has no levers. The ball is fully in Kane's court and he's not going to sign a contract. We're not going to sell him on the cheap. So it's either Bayern meets our valuation of him or he stays for the season.

And give your head a good wobble if you think that Kane is going to be sitting on the bench. Any manager that leaves him on the bench when fit is going to get, rightly, slaughtered.
This is a totally different scenario from the one with City. Kane is acting professionally and keeping quiet. He won't be booed, everyone understands his position, and if he does leave at the end of the season the vast majority will wish him well.

It's not about compromise, Kane has no reason to, and the club has no levers. The ball is fully in Kane's court and he's not going to sign a contract. We're not going to sell him on the cheap. So it's either Bayern meets our valuation of him or he stays for the season.

And give your head a good wobble if you think that Kane is going to be sitting on the bench. Any manager that leaves him on the bench when fit is going to get, rightly, slaughtered.
This is a totally different scenario from the one with City. Kane is acting professionally and keeping quiet. He won't be booed, everyone understands his position, and if he does leave at the end of the season the vast majority will wish him well.

Kane can sit on the bench. Why not!? It has to be an option, at least in theory. No one is bigger than the team! Furthermore, Postecoglou likes a pressing forward, it is central to his way of playing. Makes some sense Kane coming on as a sub. But it would affect his standing, goals scored, and potentially appeal to other clubs.

Fans can turn especially when they understand he is running down his contract and not cooperating. But it needn't be that way.

There is also risk for Kane that he gets injured and or loses form, so a contract has some de-risk potential for him too.

The club can do these things, why wouldn't they? No point building a side around Kane and him walking. That is totally pointless. As I posted before, the most likely scenario is we sell this summer imo. But if Kane wants to try the new setup, wants to be part of things for another year, then there is a way to make it happen with some compromises on both sides.

Kane can sit on the bench. Why not!? It has to be an option, at least in theory. No one is bigger than the team! Furthermore, Postecoglou likes a pressing forward, it is central to his way of playing. Makes some sense Kane coming on as a sub. But it would affect his standing, goals scored, and potentially appeal to other clubs.

Fans can turn especially when they understand he is running down his contract and not cooperating. But it needn't be that way.

There is also risk for Kane that he gets injured and or loses form, so a contract has some de-risk potential for him too.

The club can do these things, why wouldn't they? No point building a side around Kane and him walking. That is totally pointless. As I posted before, the most likely scenario is we sell this summer imo. But if Kane wants to try the new setup, wants to be part of things for another year, then there is a way to make it happen with some compromises on both sides.
Why not??? If you have to ask that question you must have missed the majority of our games for the last 10 years. It makes zero sense for Kane to come on as a sub unless you want to reduce our ability to create and score for the majority of the game.

The club can do what things? It's not building a team around him, it's using the best players at your disposal, and in this case, he's streets ahead of anyone else we have.

Why not??? If you have to ask that question you must have missed the majority of our games for the last 10 years. It makes zero sense for Kane to come on as a sub unless you want to reduce our ability to create and score for the majority of the game.

The club can do what things? It's not building a team around him, it's using the best players at your disposal, and in this case, he's streets ahead of anyone else we have.

Postecoglou is not expected to win silverware this season. Hopefully, he does. But its not expected or that likely.

Where we've gone wrong as a club in recent years is trying to deliver instant success. When success is built in increments. We need is stability. To build. And there is no point doing that with Kane unless we have some contractual assurances that we'll at least be able to generate some revenue next summer. If not, well then sell now, and if he won't play ball, you can make it conducive that he accepts one of the two solutions: a contract that gives him some freedom next summer and us a small return, or being sold this summer.

Postecoglou is not expected to win silverware this season. Hopefully, he does. But its not expected or that likely.

Where we've gone wrong as a club in recent years is trying to deliver instant success. When success is built in increments. We need is stability. To build. And there is no point doing that with Kane unless we have some contractual assurances that we'll at least be able to generate some revenue next summer. If not, well then sell now, and if he won't play ball, you can make it conducive that he accepts one of the two solutions: a contract that gives him some freedom next summer and us a small return, or being sold this summer.
It's not about winning silverware, it's about finishing as high as possible. There are fans that don't want him and if he doesn't use Kane and loses a few games then everyone will be on his back.

There is no guarantee of stability in a team. Every season there will be players coming and going. Son is near the end of his career so, other players will want to move on, someone from the academy will probably breakthrough in the next couple of seasons and other clubs will try buy our players...

And one last attempt, the club cannot force Kane to do anything, as I have already said the ball is in his court. He decides what he does, nobody can force him now. Even if Ange suddenly turns totally stupid, like you seem to think he could, and leaves Kane on the bench, he's still going to have clubs queuing to take him in a year's time.

Last edited:
And history suggested very much that Haaland was not the type of striker that Pep uses. Look at all the other strikers that he has used, they tend to be almost AM more than out and out strikers like Haaland. Plenty said that Haaland wouldn't fit in, guess what, he has, Pep has made it work. Kane fits into the type of player that Pep likes a lot more than Haaland.
The system that City are playing now is more or less 3-2-4-1. Kane easily fits into the two behind Haaland.
I don't see it happening tbh. I'd bet money it won't but you have a fair view.

Ange is perfect for our model.

Can play great football and get a side with our resources punching above our weight.

Understandably though that is not enough for Kane anymore.

Our only hope is Sheikh Jassim tires of the man utd process, buys us and suddenly we have everything to be the next Emirates Marketing Project.

Then Kane will stay for life and we can go from a club that at best ends in the top 4 now and again and might nick a domestic cup to one that is properly in the mix for winning the PL and CL, occasionally winning each of those trophies.

I was there
I don’t remember that
That’s the sun for you
The only valid evidence in the sun came form phone tapping

That evening was absolutely toxic. It really kicked off when Moura got hooked but I think I do recall Kane getting some treatment from a small section of the fans.

I’ve always said it though. I think Nuno was very unfortunate that evening. He just became the lightning rod for years of frustration with Levy since Poch left the club. As bad a decision as taking Moura off was, it never justified that reaction in itself.

That evening was absolutely toxic. It really kicked off when Moura got hooked but I think I do recall Kane getting some treatment from a small section of the fans.

I’ve always said it though. I think Nuno was very unfortunate that evening. He just became the lightning rod for years of frustration with Levy since Poch left the club. As bad a decision as taking Moura off was, it never justified that reaction in itself.
I remember the boos for the subs
I think I joined in if I’m honest
I don’t remember any for Kane

Back