• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

We'll be lucky, it still irks me that Levy didn't insist on Sancho as part of the Walker deal.

Sancho would have only signed for a club where he would have gone straight into the first team, I doubt Poch would have done that back then

Unless the poster suggested '50 goals' and 3 trophies? You can call what you like irrelevant, Kane scoring goals for City could win them games they otherwise wouldn't (against anyone)..equals harder for us as we would have to go thru them to win.

I'm not writing off the cups, but the original post reads as city would have a 50 goal a season advantage over us. Or it does to me anyway.
But as we only compete directly in the league i think that stat is misleading.
Harry, or anyone else for that matter doesn't score 50 league goals, so i'm writing off his cup goals, not the cups.
Whats Harry's league average? 21/22 league goals per season?
Its unlikely we will sell him and not bring in a replacement, even if they only score 10/12 goals thats only a difference of 10/12 goals.
Not 50.
Does that make sense?

Honestly mate, you are the only person coming to that conclusion

- Kane did his stupid Neville interview - set stage for wanting to leave and City's expected price (fudging criminal behavior for him to be whoring City's evaluation)
- Pep followed that up quickly with "any club should be happy with £100M" (quoting the exact same number Kane did)
- Rumours came from Euros that Kane told his England teammates he wasn't going to come back to Spurs pre-season as protest
- Kane doesn't turn up when expected, while the club hasn't said anything, several of the club mouth pieces have clearly said Kane was expected on Monday 2nd)
- Kane lets it sit for a week, then makes a very vague statement that says "as planned" vs. as agreed
- Pep then basically come out again and says "yes, we are pursuing Kane and it's Spurs that needs to come to the table"
- Kane's camp and Spurs mouth piece media start hinting at new contract story
- Immediately City mouth piece (Sam Lee) posts contradictory story that Kane isn't going to sign new contract is wants to leave now and only wants to play for Pep

How do you look at the above and see vagueness? City and Kane are being disrespectful pieces of brick to the club and fans (you), Spurs is taking the stance of "play with dogs, get fleas" and saying nothing.

Why in Kane's statements has he not said "I'm a Spurs player and until that changes I will honor my contract and commitments"?
If you rewatch that Kane interview he didn’t actually say much. The £100m comment was something like (and I’m paraphrasing) ‘who knows? The chairman may get an offer for £100m and decide he wants to sell me’.
The club mouthpieces also said that our manager search was a f@rce and that we were talking with Gattuso etc… yet when that didn’t fit what people on here wanted to hear those club mouthpieces were derided as ‘knowing nothing’
Kane’s statement, while vague, is still more than the club have put out.
It’s obvious that Emirates Marketing Project want Kane. Pep’s statement has no bearing on that. They will want to pay the min possible and we will want the max possible just as happens with every transfer negotiation. I expect they will get him in the next couple of weeks, I just hope that this time Levy doesn’t allow a Berbatov situation and either strengthens prior to selling or leaves enough time to strengthen after selling.

Last edited:
City know they can get Haaland next season
Hell they could go and get Mbappe if they wanted when he is on a free
They have genuine options. Kane wants city IMO more than city wants him
That’s just my opinion of course
This is probably why City are low balling. As soon as the fee gets north of £150m, they know they can get a younger version for the same price next year.

This is probably why City are low balling. As soon as the fee gets north of £150m, they know they can get a younger version for the same price next year.

This is the piece most people are missing

City doesn't usually faff around with transfers, the issue here is while Kane is great, the Haaland option puts a limit on how much it makes sense to go all out for him.

I think in principle you should realise full value for a top 3 world striker, especially from a financially 'ffp ignoring' doped club. Don't forget, you could be waving goodbye to 3 trophies because you've given the (already) best team a 50 goals a season striker.

Of course our problem is, we were looking for 1 forward with Kane, without him we are looking for 2.
If the fee is known, we are going to be rinsed out by clubs we want to buy from anyway. The only situation this might not happen is deadline day, where desperate clubs are forced into making desperate decisions. Whether we (the fans) can stomach waiting that long (especially if we just have Son to choose from)? and a deadline is still a risk...you're fudged til January if you mess up.

Overall, Id rather he stay.
I don’t think we’ll be rinsed out by clubs we’ll be buying from. Clubs all over Europe are desperate for money and know they can sign replacements for reduced fees this summer. My only worry is how much of the Kane fee the DoF will be allowed to reinvest…. If the entire amount then we could still exit the window in good shape even without Kane in the squad,

If you think city are buying Kane with a sell on in mind I think you have thought about the wrong club
They write off players values more than anyone
They had a huge period of churn where they would buy a player and sell them for a third a year later
Money is no object, just arrogance around their false principles
Agreed. It’s almost impossible for City to sell their top players for big fees due to only a few clubs in the world operating a higher wage budget than them. They tend to instead make money selling the younger players that they hoard,

Last edited:
City know they can get Haaland next season
Hell they could go and get Mbappe if they wanted when he is on a free
They have genuine options. Kane wants city IMO more than city wants him
That’s just my opinion of course
I thought the consensus was that neither player would be coming to England?

That was IMO a the worst deal we missed out on
The guy was a star at his age and has just got better and better
That was city playing hard ball back with us
Now we say cash or fudge off
I saw something last week that he actually went to Dortmund as we wouldn’t meet his wage demands and BD did…. Could be rubbish of course.

You have repeated this loads
But never given any evidence of where from?
I’ve heard Mbappe is signing a new deal at PSG, but when his contract ends so they can class it as a new deal/free transfer and pay him a lot more with signing in etc…
But that could always be bull (it came form a Paris based work colleague)
I don’t get that? They could do the same now without letting the contract expire.

I'm not writing off the cups, but the original post reads as city would have a 50 goal a season advantage over us. Or it does to me anyway.
But as we only compete directly in the league i think that stat is misleading.
Harry, or anyone else for that matter doesn't score 50 league goals, so i'm writing off his cup goals, not the cups.
Whats Harry's league average? 21/22 league goals per season?
Its unlikely we will sell him and not bring in a replacement, even if they only score 10/12 goals thats only a difference of 10/12 goals.
Not 50.
Does that make sense?
Only that you misunderstood what I was saying.:D

Yes it's ok for you to change it to league goals if you want BUT acknowledge that the original post wasn't saying that.

Furthermore I'm implying what City gain, not what we lose, we haven't a clue how replacing Kane's goals will go for us. I'm saying (due to his record and the chances created for him at City) he'll score 50 goals in all comps, let's say a goal a game.

Last edited:
I don’t think we’ll be rinsed out by clubs we’ll be buying from. Clubs all over Europe are desperate for money and know they can sign replacements for reduced fees this summer. My only worry is how much of the Kane fee the DoF will be allowed to reinvest…. If the entire amount then we could still exit the window in good shape even without Kane in the squad,

Why do you go there mate? any precedent to say it won't be?

I acknowledged that in the post. But the fire sale might only happen in the last 48hrs. Got to hold your nerve, when potentially open to such criticism ('last minute Levy' etc)

All the fee will go into transfers imo. (Maybe not all this window)

It sets a maximum transfer fee a club has to pay to get him. I think that would be very beneficial for a player at Spurs when the other club has to deal with Levy. If I were Kane I’d make sure the payment terms were also defined in the contract (i.e. paid in equal instalments over 3 years).
It's a release clause. Us, Kane, any buying club - they will all know what the price is at that point.

Back