• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Kane is at an age where his transfer value will decline rather rapidly. If they signed him now and sold him 3-4 years from now they'd get a lot less for him. That's money spent just as much as wages to Messi.

Or to put it differently. If City thought they couldn't get Kane do you think they still would have let PSG sign Messi without competition?
If you think city are buying Kane with a sell on in mind I think you have thought about the wrong club
They write off players values more than anyone
They had a huge period of churn where they would buy a player and sell them for a third a year later
Money is no object, just arrogance around their false principles

Kane is at an age where his transfer value will decline rather rapidly. If they signed him now and sold him 3-4 years from now they'd get a lot less for him. That's money spent just as much as wages to Messi.

Or to put it differently. If City thought they couldn't get Kane do you think they still would have let PSG sign Messi without competition?
City know they can get Haaland next season
Hell they could go and get Mbappe if they wanted when he is on a free
They have genuine options. Kane wants city IMO more than city wants him
That’s just my opinion of course

If you think city are buying Kane with a sell on in mind I think you have thought about the wrong club
They write off players values more than anyone
They had a huge period of churn where they would buy a player and sell them for a third a year later
Money is no object, just arrogance around their false principles

Quite. If you’re trying to game FFP, write-downs on players are a useful counterbalance to head-turning salaries.

Has he ever scored anywhere near 50 league goals a season, no, and even playing with City alongside kdb i can't see him getting close to that.
And its in the league it will count when he is competing directly against us. The domestic cups in this instance are irrelevant.
Unless the poster suggested '50 goals' and 3 trophies? You can call what you like irrelevant, Kane scoring goals for City could win them games they otherwise wouldn't (against anyone)..equals harder for us as we would have to go thru them to win.

We'll be lucky, it still irks me that Levy didn't insist on Sancho as part of the Walker deal.
That was IMO a the worst deal we missed out on
The guy was a star at his age and has just got better and better
That was city playing hard ball back with us
Now we say cash or fudge off

Unless the poster suggested '50 goals' and 3 trophies? You can call what you like irrelevant, Kane scoring goals for City could win them games they otherwise wouldn't (against anyone)..equals harder for us as we would have to go thru them to win.
I guess it comes down to goals and targets for the team
Selling Kane currently would give us money to invest to make us potentially a better team, than if he was to remain. That all ifs, buts and maybes mind
But as suggested Kane’s money could get us two forwards and another player, maybe another top CB.
We may have then replaced his goals and creativity and shored up the defence (the weak spot last season) whilst changing out over reliance on that one player
It’s natural to rely on certain players when they are that good but it can create an imbalance.

That was IMO a the worst deal we missed out on
The guy was a star at his age and has just got better and better
That was city playing hard ball back with us
Now we say cash or fudge off

Unless this is also about the backroom deals between Lewis and the Emirates, dropping £20m on this deal but getting preferential treatment on certain trading accounts for example

Just another conspiracy to throw into the mix

After doing a very bad job.

It'll be us dictating the terms, obviously we'd like to keep him happy if he's staying on for another year and it just clarifies the picture next summer.
Possibly…. Our hand becomes a lot weaker in a year’s time and both parties will be aware of that. I think the contract would have to have a sensible release clause otherwise it would go unsigned and Harry can wait until the balance of power starts to shift next year

I actually am inclined to think that Harry is actually already gone and we’re holding it back until after the City game. I think the extended break was likely planned as a result and it suits THFCs agenda to let our fans think otherwise so there is less backlash when we sell him.

We’ll know either way within a couple of weeks.

He won't get a release clause for less than we want to sell him for, so there's no real difference - we'd probably be selling him next summer anyway. All it does is set a price below which we can't be forced to go - that's as much a benefit to us.

Given that Kane seems to sign a new contract with us every 5 minutes, I don't see that there's much of a difference in giving him a pay rise either.
It sets a maximum transfer fee a club has to pay to get him. I think that would be very beneficial for a player at Spurs when the other club has to deal with Levy. If I were Kane I’d make sure the payment terms were also defined in the contract (i.e. paid in equal instalments over 3 years).

Just for the record Haaland and Mbappe are both joining Real Madrid next summer. To be clear this isn’t an opinion, both these deals were done by Florentino Perez months ago.

Camavinga also joins them on a free next summer. Pogba done for next summer also, as agreed earlier this week.

Their focus is now on Dybala and they hope to convince him to refuse new contract and sign next summer on a free.

Many players leave Madrid this summer and next including Varane, Ramos, Modric, Bale, Hazard and Benzema.

Possibly…. Our hand becomes a lot weaker in a year’s time and both parties will be aware of that. I think the contract would have to have a sensible release clause otherwise it would go unsigned and Harry can wait until the balance of power starts to shift next year

I actually am inclined to think that Harry is actually already gone and we’re holding it back until after the City game. I think the extended break was likely planned as a result and it suits THFCs agenda to let our fans think otherwise so there is less backlash when we sell him.

Whilst I’m not disagreeing with you… how will we know it was done before it’s done?

Just for the record Haaland and Mbappe are both joining Real Madrid next summer. To be clear this isn’t an opinion, both these deals were done by Florentino Perez months ago.

Camavinga also joins them on a free next summer. Pogba done for next summer also, as agreed earlier this week.

Their focus is now on Dybala and they hope to convince him to refuse new contract and sign next summer on a free.

Many players leave Madrid this summer and next including Varane, Ramos, Modric, Bale, Hazard and Benzema.
You have repeated this loads
But never given any evidence of where from?
I’ve heard Mbappe is signing a new deal at PSG, but when his contract ends so they can class it as a new deal/free transfer and pay him a lot more with signing in etc…
But that could always be bull (it came form a Paris based work colleague)

I guess it comes down to goals and targets for the team
Selling Kane currently would give us money to invest to make us potentially a better team, than if he was to remain. That all ifs, buts and maybes mind
But as suggested Kane’s money could get us two forwards and another player, maybe another top CB.
We may have then replaced his goals and creativity and shored up the defence (the weak spot last season) whilst changing out over reliance on that one player
It’s natural to rely on certain players when they are that good but it can create an imbalance.
You called it ifs buts and maybes then went on to list some more ifs buts and maybe's:D

The known is, we are losing our best player. And given his record, are likely strengthening a rival. Yes they are a rival, especially to anyone banging on about winning a trophy. That's why Levy would want him gone abroad. Delivering a trophy to get people of his back just got harder.

For it not to get harder, all the ifs buts and maybe's have to end positively for us and even if they do, City still have Kane.

Where do you get this information from? You’ve been referencing it for some time.

You called it ifs buts and maybes then went on to list some more ifs buts and maybe's:D

The known is, we are losing our best player. And given his record, are likely strengthening a rival. Yes they are a rival, especially to anyone banging on about winning a trophy. That's why Levy would want him gone abroad. Delivering a trophy to get people of his back just got harder.

For it not to get harder, all the ifs buts and maybe's have to end positively for us and even if they do, City still have Kane.
It’s all just that
Kane could get injured first game for us abs be out all season for example
We have to plan with a bigger picture in mind

From Herc ITK
All I will say, there was a very clear and amicable (in the end) meeting yesterday with all of Kane’s people. Won’t say more than that. Suffice to say he wanted to be available to participate Sunday. Emirates Marketing Project have until 23rd/24th August to come up with a HUGE cash ONLY offer! Or tinkle off!!!

They have basically insulted us and ‘H’ with players choices, and circa 40m cash (as a guide). The wages those players are on, if we did go for any we like, we would have to up contracts of majority of squad. That alone would increase our wages around negative 20-30m per year.

They are struggling to get them off their books. That’s the facts. Now make your own decisions. 130m (which was my guess) won’t do it#CashOnly!!!
Herc has a great imagination. He has about a 1 in 20 hit rate with his info doesn’t he? Makes me laugh that the whole structure of our club has changed this year and yet the same old ‘ITKs’ are still getting (making up) information. The only common denominator left is Levy and Herc can barely spell or form a proper sentence so I refuse to believe that a man as intelligent as Levy would have any sort of relationship with such a simpleton.

I agree with it being sensible levels, go to keep him happy if you want full commitment for the season.

Think you might be right with the other bits as well.

Why would the club hang him out to dry if he’s done nothing wrong? He’s our best and most high profile player. Surely they would clarify rather than let people speculate? None of us know the complete picture but when you have Kane earlier in the summer pretty much saying he wants to leave, City making a bid for him, Pep openly stating they want him and then Kane not showing up for training as he was supposedly meant to then that to me only leads to one conclusion which is that Kane stayed away on purpose but it wasn’t agreed. Not to mention his statement which as I said previously was the vaguest, most ambiguous statement ever and clearly designed to absolve him of any blame but didn’t actually do anything to clarify or explain. It was purposely vague so that nothing could be interpreted from it. Too bad for him that most people aren’t my tits and can see through it.

I just can’t reconcile what we would hope to achieve by not saying anything if he truly has done nothing wrong. None of the players have backed him publicly either. Quite the opposite.
One reason would be because we are selling him and want to minimise the backlash (‘we had no choice’ etc).

Back