• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Why do you go there mate? any precedent to say it won't be?
Because we have a huge pile of debt and have already committed to over £60m of spend with our transfers so far this summer. It may be that some of that spending had already earmarked the likely funds received from selling Kane.

It's a release clause. Us, Kane, any buying club - they will all know what the price is at that point.
Clubs know the maximum they have to pay to get Kane. Players are often sold for less than their release clause. If Kane’s re.ease clause was (say) £120m then no club is going to offer £140m. However clubs may still offer £100m (especially if there isn’t interest from multiple clubs).

Yep Spurs and goons were in for him and neither would pay the 60k pw he wanted.

tbf at the time 60k pw for him seemed an insane amount.
Thanks mate…. So we could’ve had him but wouldn’t pay the bucks…

interesting that our old youth player Madueke is said to be interesting BM as a Sancho replacement at the moment….

Clubs know the maximum they have to pay to get Kane. Players are often sold for less than their release clause. If Kane’s re.ease clause was (say) £120m then no club is going to offer £140m. However clubs may still offer £100m (especially if there isn’t interest from multiple clubs).
And we will have plenty of reason to say to Kane that he signed the release clause in good will, therefore we're not selling for less than that.

Because we have a huge pile of debt and have already committed to over £60m of spend with our transfers so far this summer. It may be that some of that spending had already earmarked the likely funds received from selling Kane.

Gollini - Loan, Romero - Loan, Gil - €25M
Foyth, Toby, Lamela, Hart sold - ~€20M
Rose, Bale (and Toby) all off the wage books
We have re-financed our loan that was basically covering operating costs
One new sponsor in

We might be €5M in at this point

Sanchez, Sissoko, Winks, Aurier, Doherty, Davies could all be sold
Training ground/kit sponsor plus stadium naming rights still to be sorted
Boxing, NFL, Rugby & Concerts all booked in

Unless we get another huge spike in Covid causing long term lockdown, it looks like the club has just about weathered the storm.

In year spend vs long term commitments
Ah i see…. So they get an extra year of lower spend and wait until the extra commercial revenue from Messi kicks in before upping their wage bill further. Makes sense, though is a dangerous game to play with Mbappe being able to sign a pre-contract deal elsewhere in Jan.

Do PSG even care about FFP? I mean Ramos, Messi, Donnarumma and Hakimi must’ve added about £100m to their annual wage bill, what’s another £20m on top of that for Mbappe’s wage hike? :D

Gollini - Loan, Romero - Loan, Gil - €25M
Foyth, Toby, Lamela, Hart sold - ~€20M
Rose, Bale (and Toby) all off the wage books
We have re-financed our loan that was basically covering operating costs
One new sponsor in

We might be €5M in at this point

Sanchez, Sissoko, Winks, Aurier, Doherty, Davies could all be sold
Training ground/kit sponsor plus stadium naming rights still to be sorted
Boxing, NFL, Rugby & Concerts all booked in

Unless we get another huge spike in Covid causing long term lockdown, it looks like the club has just about weathered the storm.
I like those numbers…. Let’s hope so!

Even more chance when hes putting in fudge all effort

If he puts no effort in this season then he could be effectively ruling himself out of a future move for top club, he will look as if he is passed it and not worth the investment. Both Van Persie and Sheringham were older than Kane is now when they joined Utd.

If you think city are buying Kane with a sell on in mind I think you have thought about the wrong club
They write off players values more than anyone
They had a huge period of churn where they would buy a player and sell them for a third a year later
Money is no object, just arrogance around their false principles
It was just regarding your point about wages and Messi.

140m + whatever wages Kane gets (I'm guessing a lot). Even if amortised over 5 seasons that's probably going to be at least close to the per season cost PSG have for Messi, no?

I don't think money/wages alone was the reason City didn't try for Messi is what I'm trying to say. I think they believe a Kane deal is likely to happen.

Herc has a great imagination. He has about a 1 in 20 hit rate with his info doesn’t he? Makes me laugh that the whole structure of our club has changed this year and yet the same old ‘ITKs’ are still getting (making up) information. The only common denominator left is Levy and Herc can barely spell or form a proper sentence so I refuse to believe that a man as intelligent as Levy would have any sort of relationship with such a simpleton.
He's saying that City have now returned with another bid.

I calculated that we would have £50/60m max to add to the pot after that last round of institutional lending.(if need be)

We were probably break even after the Gil/Lamela Toby/Foyth deals.
Romero would have taken a big chunk of that £50/60m BUT maybe not now with the deal structure?
Of course, selling Winks, Sissoko, Aurier, Sanchez would all contribute to more signings.

The debt is £25m a year, and now fully restrucured. it's no millstone. It doesn't look pricey now, let alone in 10,15,20 years.

Ah i see…. So they get an extra year of lower spend and wait until the extra commercial revenue from Messi kicks in before upping their wage bill further. Makes sense, though is a dangerous game to play with Mbappe being able to sign a pre-contract deal elsewhere in Jan.

Do PSG even care about FFP? I mean Ramos, Messi, Donnarumma and Hakimi must’ve added about £100m to their annual wage bill, what’s another £20m on top of that for Mbappe’s wage hike? :D
Honestly… as you say they can make it up as they go along, literally

It was just regarding your point about wages and Messi.

140m + whatever wages Kane gets (I'm guessing a lot). Even if amortised over 5 seasons that's probably going to be at least close to the per season cost PSG have for Messi, no?

I don't think money/wages alone was the reason City didn't try for Messi is what I'm trying to say. I think they believe a Kane deal is likely to happen.
True
But they have acquired Grealish too for £100m and £350k a week

If he puts no effort in this season then he could be effectively ruling himself out of a future move for top club, he will look as if he is passed it and not worth the investment. Both Van Persie and Sheringham were older than Kane is now when they joined Utd.

I dont think they buying club would be bothered

I calculated that we would have £50/60m max to add to the pot after that last round of institutional lending.(if need be)

We were probably break even after the Gil/Lamela Toby/Foyth deals.
Romero would have taken a big chunk of that £50/60m BUT maybe not now with the deal structure?
Of course, selling Winks, Sissoko, Aurier, Sanchez would all contribute to more signings.

The debt is £25m a year, and now fully restrucured. it's no millstone. It doesn't look pricey now, let alone in 10,15,20 years.

The Romero one is a piece of Paratici magic so we are led to believe. He engineered two loans to buy - one for Atalanta to replace Romero from his old Juve talent pool (another promising young CB that Paratici signed), and Romero for us. Neither deal is a transfer. So we will have paid a loan fee. Maybe 10-20% with the rest presumably in a year if we take up the option.

So that could facilitate selling Kane next summer too. I think we're keeping our options open, and holding strong on Kane's valuation. We'd like to keep him for one more year, but if things are toxic and city stump up the cash, we'll sell him now reluctantly. But that means a big transition over this season. I think the club would prefer we planned it, and did it next summer.

Back