• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

The Romero one is a piece of Paratici magic so we are led to believe. He engineered two loans to buy - one for Atalanta to replace Romero from his old Juve talent pool (another promising young CB that Paratici signed), and Romero for us. Neither deal is a transfer. So we will have paid a loan fee. Maybe 10-20% with the rest presumably in a year if we take up the option.

So that could facilitate selling Kane next summer too. I think we're keeping our options open, and holding strong on Kane's valuation. We'd like to keep him for one more year, but if things are toxic and city stump up the cash, we'll sell him now reluctantly. But that means a big transition over this season. I think the club would prefer we planned it, and did it next summer.

This summer seems a better window to spend money, seems a lot of big clubs need to sell and could pick up some deals - that must cross Paraticis mind as well

This summer seems a better window to spend money, seems a lot of big clubs need to sell and could pick up some deals - that must cross Paraticis mind as well

The thought of trying to sign and integrate a top forward at this state of the season can't be filling the club with glee. So I think we'll hold firm and only sell if City push the boat out for him. Selling in Jan is also an option, and would allow us to plan and prepare more.

I think we've probably fronted £10m to Atalanta. ( It covers £5m for their first payment to Juve, Demirals loan fee and a the first installment for Lovato from Verona).
If our start point was £50/60m to invest from our own funds and then potentially £70m for Sissoko Aurier, Sanchez, Winks we could have a little more than £100m to do further business without Kane money.

It does appear a summer to bottom feed but...

All negotiations are motivations and if we have sold Kane and even kept it quite (as if) , our pressure is needing two forwards in and you can leave it late to take advantage of others weaknesses but if they know yours you might not save as much as you think.

That's why Chelsea and City have an advantage, having a bottomless pit of money eradicates any weaknesses in brinkmanship.

Gollini - Loan, Romero - Loan, Gil - €25M
Foyth, Toby, Lamela, Hart sold - ~€20M
Rose, Bale (and Toby) all off the wage books
We have re-financed our loan that was basically covering operating costs
One new sponsor in

We might be €5M in at this point

Sanchez, Sissoko, Winks, Aurier, Doherty, Davies could all be sold
Training ground/kit sponsor plus stadium naming rights still to be sorted
Boxing, NFL, Rugby & Concerts all booked in

Unless we get another huge spike in Covid causing long term lockdown, it looks like the club has just about weathered the storm.

Good post, I like your persistent focus on the bigger picture of this summer across different threads.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I dont think they buying club would be bothered

The point I was making is that if he had a good season despite being a year older a club like bricky or Manure would still go in for him, however if had a poor season they would be more likely to move on to what they feel would be a better option, so on the contrary the buying club would be bothered.

If however he got his head right and a very good season, just as Modric did in his final year, he would remain in demand, and with just 2 years left on his contract the balance of power would shift in his direction.

I am optimistic that Levy will hold fast to a minimum valuation of £150m and that even if Emirates Marketing Project decide to cough up the money that no deal will be done until we bring on a replacement, just as Atalanta did with us.

I like the fact that that Spurs have said he is not for sale and then have kept quiet on the matter.

The way I see it, if we keep Kane he will have to put on his game face. If he fails to do that Nuno will simply bench him and that WOULD be a problem for the England captain

Last edited:
Cheeky fudgers (city and kane) obviously continuing their colluding by timing this bid so when we inevitably reject it, he can say his head isnt right to play on sunday.

We should now up the price to them to a world record £199m.

Better still give him to inter in exchange for the lukaku money plus martinez.

Unless the poster suggested '50 goals' and 3 trophies? You can call what you like irrelevant, Kane scoring goals for City could win them games they otherwise wouldn't (against anyone)..equals harder for us as we would have to go thru them to win.

We only need to go through them in the cups if we meet them, and there's one tournament (CL) where we can't play them, so if you remove those games its unlikely to be 50 goals.
Of course I could be misreading the post, and i did say that.
To lazy to go back and reread it :p

Cheeky fudgers (city and kane) obviously continuing their colluding by timing this bid so when we inevitably reject it, he can say his head isnt right to play on sunday.

We should now up the price to them to a world record £199m.

Better still give him to inter in exchange for the lukaku money plus martinez.

I'm not sure he, or various other players who played in the EUros final, will be fit enough for the weekend

I note that some of your guys have hinted that we accept an offer of about £120m-130m because it is a fair price :eek:

My response to that is Hell No.

Emirates Marketing Project are trying to out Levy, Levy, trying to low ball us because they think we will back down.

Bottom line, Kane is a goal machine and the best striker in the league, and when you fact into the "English player" tax I think a penny less than £150m is a tinkle take and they should foxtrot oscar. And if they do not give us enough time to bring in a replacement before we let him go then no deal.

Last edited:
City's €150m bid for Kane makes me think Arsenal's £40,000,001 bid for Suarez. It's counter-productive because it gives the headline figure that many of us think Levy would accept, while taking the tinkle.

If City want to deal in euros, how about a nice round €200m?

Back