• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Why settle for that when we could and should get more.
Because holding out for another £20m at the last knockings of deadline day may be more detrimental to the club, rather than getting it done and players in sorted, and moving on. See Bentley, Rose etc. for the futility of holding out for a fee that never comes.

Because holding out for another £20m at the last knockings of deadline day may be more detrimental to the club, rather than getting it done and players in sorted, and moving on. See Bentley, Rose etc. for the futility of holding out for a fee that never comes.
But we aren't talking about fringe players here, we are talking about our best player and world class striker, top 3 in the world. Those 2 you mention barely make the top 100 at their peak.

If he leaves for £140m I'll be sad to see him go, but wish him well. He was one of ours and brought me a lot of happiness. He does deserve to win trophies and we have undeniably gone backwards.

I didn't like the schnanigans from the gnev interview onwards, but on balance I'd rather remember all the good times rather than a few unfortunate decisions towards the end of his time here.

Plus if we do spend the money wisely (a big if) it could be the start of a glorious new era!

I just think there's just too much we don't know. There's a few conflicting accounts, and most importantly only a vague statement from the man himself (that doesn't prove him right or wrong) and nothing from the club.

Call me naive or whatever, I just want to have all the facts before throwing everything away on one of our best ever.
I think it's as good as impossible that neither the club, Kane or Kane's representatives wouldn't have denied that he didn't show up for training as expected if it wasn't true.

I agree on waiting for the facts in general, but in this instance I really struggle to see how it could be the case that he didn't show up. His belated statement, saying that he didn't "refuse to train" rather than answering to what was being reported - that he didn't show up for training - to me only confirms that he didn't show up as planned.

Agreed. £20m is a hell of a lot of money, but getting £20m more, but with very little time to spend the money will most likely end up costing us more than that through increasing fees, wages and the financial consequences of worse results on the pitch.

If £140m from City isn't seen as good enough by Levy and Paratici then fair enough, refuse the offer. But not to hold out for more. There must be a deadline well before deadline day.

I'd more shocked if it didn't happen, be done by next Monday, the 23rd i reckon.
Everyone knows what has to be done so it will be a quick deal, once Sunday is out the way i think things will move quickly.
Agreed.

City not moving for Messi, not moving for Lukaku. Certainly seems like they're rather confident about a deal happening.

Us being linked with expensive strikers and other expensive signings.

Not saying it will happen, but it seems more or as likely as at any point this summer to me.

Wouldn't be surprised if a deal is fairly close, but we want to get further down the line with some replacements first.

Agreed.

City not moving for Messi, not moving for Lukaku. Certainly seems like they're rather confident about a deal happening.

Not saying it will happen, but it seems more or as likely as at any point this summer to me.

Wouldn't be surprised if a deal is fairly close, but we want to get further down the line with some replacements first.

I don't think us or harry will want it go through before Sunday's game.
He maybe dissatisfied with the club, but i think that he would see it being announced, paraded before the game or GHod forbid playing against us on the first day of the season at The Lane as a step way too far.

If we spend the money well, £140m is fine. Martinez is £60m, Vlahovic is around £40m-£50m and then you have £30m - £40m for another player

3 established and up and coming players all in their early 20s in return for someone who might only have 3-4 years' left in them

I think we come out on the best side of that deal

The obvious risk is that we sell Kane, but don't spend the money however from what we've seen of Paratici so far, I feel less concerned about that risk that I did before him

We don’t need their young strikers. We have Troy Parrott and Dane Scarlett waiting to breakthrough. I have more faith in the latter. Troy Parrott was thought of highly but not sure he’s going to make it any more.

from what I have seen of all three Delap is a step above.

Agreed.

Not moving for Messi is about money in wages… that’s a £m a week he is getting at PSG
Not moving for lukaku is about the player. They want a more sophisticated player
Not moving for Kane is IMO then biting their time knowing we want to spend the money. Issue got them is we won’t sell if they leave it too late.
City know, like everyone would that a club with £160m to spend, that had already strengthened a bit can improve a lot with that money.

They were players we wanted to sell
It’s very different here

Not moving for Messi is about money in wages… that’s a £m a week he is getting at PSG
Not moving for lukaku is about the player. They want a more sophisticated player
Not moving for Kane is IMO then biting their time knowing we want to spend the money. Issue got them is we won’t sell if they leave it too late.
City know, like everyone would that a club with £160m to spend, that had already strengthened a bit can improve a lot with that money.
Kane is at an age where his transfer value will decline rather rapidly. If they signed him now and sold him 3-4 years from now they'd get a lot less for him. That's money spent just as much as wages to Messi.

Or to put it differently. If City thought they couldn't get Kane do you think they still would have let PSG sign Messi without competition?

Agreed. £20m is a hell of a lot of money, but getting £20m more, but with very little time to spend the money will most likely end up costing us more than that through increasing fees, wages and the financial consequences of worse results on the pitch.

If £140m from City isn't seen as good enough by Levy and Paratici then fair enough, refuse the offer. But not to hold out for more. There must be a deadline well before deadline day.
I think in principle you should realise full value for a top 3 world striker, especially from a financially 'ffp ignoring' doped club. Don't forget, you could be waving goodbye to 3 trophies because you've given the (already) best team a 50 goals a season striker.

Of course our problem is, we were looking for 1 forward with Kane, without him we are looking for 2.
If the fee is known, we are going to be rinsed out by clubs we want to buy from anyway. The only situation this might not happen is deadline day, where desperate clubs are forced into making desperate decisions. Whether we (the fans) can stomach waiting that long (especially if we just have Son to choose from)? and a deadline is still a risk...you're fudged til January if you mess up.

Overall, Id rather he stay.

Last edited:
Loan him to City for a year, we get Jesus or Laporte on loan in exchange. Kane wins his title with City then comes back as happy as Larry (whoever he was) to us for the following season. :D

If we spend the money well, £140m is fine. Martinez is £60m, Vlahovic is around £40m-£50m and then you have £30m - £40m for another player

3 established and up and coming players all in their early 20s in return for someone who might only have 3-4 years' left in them

I think we come out on the best side of that deal

The obvious risk is that we sell Kane, but don't spend the money however from what we've seen of Paratici so far, I feel less concerned about that risk that I did before him
I have faith in Paratici BUT the proof in the pudding is if the players purchased can do the business. End of.

£140m plus laporte and delap. Plus £20m everytime he wins the golden boot. And he is all theirs
This is Spurs. He'd never win the golden boot again. I like your thinking though! We could properly fuxk them/Kane. 10m every 10 goals he scores, and he'd have a goal drought like never before, he'd be a failure, and we get him back for peanuts :D

Reactions: DTA
I think in principle you should realise full value for a top 3 world striker, especially from a financially ffp ignoring doped club. Don't forget, you could be waving goodbye to 3 trophies because you given the (already) best team a 50 goals a season striker.

Of course our problem is, we were looking for 1 forward with Kane, without him we are looking for 2.
If the fee is known, we are going to be rinsed out by clubs we want to buy from anyway. The only situation this might not happen is deadline day, where desperate clubs are forced into making desperate decisions. Whether we (the fans) can stomach waiting that long (especially if we just have Son to choose from) and a deadline is still a risk...you're fudged til January if you mess up.

Overall, Id rather he stay.

Has he ever scored anywhere near 50 league goals a season, no, and even playing with City alongside kdb i can't see him getting close to that.
And its in the league it will count when he is competing directly against us. The domestic cups in this instance are irrelevant.

Back