• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Glastonbury

Don't know what the fudge he's doing to Slither though, it's like he hasn't heard the chorus before.

Duff Mckagan sounds much better and not that it's a competition but looks in pretty good shape with what they got up to back in the day.

Axl mainly seems out of breath to me, thought it was a sound issue for it's so easy but it's been the same throughout.
He is out of breath but they need to get a new mic pack out to him. Someone's fudged up massively.

Sounds like he's not using any power when singing the high pitched voice and the mic struggles to pick it up.

Sounds like he's not using any power when singing the high pitched voice and the mic struggles to pick it up.
That's what I thought at first, but there's been a couple of occasions where he's clearly belting and there was nothing.

Interference on the radio mic or low battery on the pack seems likely.

He is out of breath but they need to get a new mic pack out to him. Someone's fudged up massively.

"Technical issues" is always an easy out but it just seems like a bad performance to due to with a lack of control over vocal dynamics. It's not as simple as a battery running out.

I'm still watching but it's in the way people slow down to look at a car crash kind of way, it's kind of sad, it's hard not to wince watching it. I appreciate that Jordinho might be a superfan of sorts and doesn't want to see the bad side but it's hard to defend the vocals, when you can hear them they're dogbrick.

Slash is still great for the most part but takes the frettossing to extreme levels, not really got the less is more approach and was dreadful on Estranged. Great to see them play Mr Brownstone and Rocket Queen though, hoping to see Night-train and that'll be my realistic want to see list sorted.

"Technical issues" is always an easy out but it just seems like a bad performance to due to with a lack of control over vocal dynamics. It's not as simple as a battery running out.
He's never had any control of his dynamics. If "professional" is what you're looking for, you're watching the wrong band.

Every other venue manages to pick up his vocals just fine. This is far from the first time I've seen acts with major sound issues at Glastonbury - seems to be a bit of a trait of theirs.

I'm still watching but it's in the way people slow down to look at a car crash kind of way, it's kind of sad, it's hard not to wince watching it. I appreciate that Jordinho might be a superfan of sorts and doesn't want to see the bad side but it's hard to defend the vocals, when you can hear them they're dogbrick.

Slash is still great for the most part but takes the frettossing to extreme levels, not really got the less is more approach and was dreadful on Estranged. Great to see them play Mr Brownstone and Rocket Queen though, hoping to see Night-train and that'll be my realistic want to see list sorted.
Hid voice is gone, it's not the first show that he has been slated, pretty much a regular thing now. Rest of the band is still brilliant.

He is using a different singing technique on some songs and it sounds like brick. Probably trying to save his voice, but whether it's by choice or necessity I don't know.

Should just do everything using his deeper voice. There's no shame in that.

Nightrain and Paradise City will be the closers. Probably Knockin' next and that's their time slot.

He's never had any control of his dynamics. If "professional" is what you're looking for, you're watching the wrong band.

Every other venue manages to pick up his vocals just fine. This is far from the first time I've seen acts with major sound issues at Glastonbury - seems to be a bit of a trait of theirs.

They pick up his bad vocals fine indeed, which was my point, it's not about a battery pack.

They pick up his bad vocals fine indeed, which was my point, it's not about a battery pack.
His vocals are poor tonight, but for the first 4 or 5 songs it wasn't picking up anything at all at times - especially not when he was away from the centre of the stage.

Hid voice is gone, it's not the first show that he has been slated, pretty much a regular thing now. Rest of the band is still brilliant.

When I saw GNR at Wembley arena the guy was regularly disappearing off stage to take in some oxygen from some cannister thing and had a back up random singer do a lot of the higher numbers.

It's why I don't want to slate him for what seems like health issues but it's a tough listen (which I appreciate is my fault for choosing to do so).

Back