• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Glastonbury

Rick Astley, nice guy and done well to forge a career after kind of being ridiculed by the industry but seeing him try and eek out any lond of banter will never not be cringe

Funny, I dont really see it that way. The warning is prescient but not especially creepy imo.
Isnt it kind of saying to a young girl who is leaving him - you are naive and there's lots of bad people in the world, you'll regret leaving my protection (control)?

Mind you, its better than the Gilbert O'Sullivan (who is also playing, who i also like) song that's - i just called to say sorry you made me slap you

Isnt it kind of saying to a young girl who is leaving him - you are naive and there's lots of bad people in the world, you'll regret leaving my protection (control)?

Warning that the worlds a tough place but also wishing her well? As long as she don't go for beers with James Maddison she should be fine, but hard to fit that in a verse

The first bit - naive, bad people, yes. But not the control bit. But we each take different things from lyrics.

Poor old Elton can barely walk, still belts em out though, fair play to him.

He's smashing it.

It might sound cheesy but it's a joyous vibe / atmosphere, just people living the dream in the moment, it's what it's all about. One bloke who looked like a typical meathead you'd see on the Stella at the boozer just stood there crying taking it all in.

I was going to switch to Queens of the Stone Age but may as well stick this one out and will do that on the iplayer. A real shame if it is his last show in the UK but a hell of a way to bow out.

Haven't watched much today, Barrington Levy was brilliant and I saw some highlights of Lizzo, to be fair the band were elite level.

I'm of the generation that was introduced to Elton John through Candle In The fudging Wind. So I've just never been able to take him seriously after that pap. I suspect there's more depth, but he blew it with such horrendous first impressions

I'm of the generation that was introduced to Elton John through Candle In The fudging Wind. So I've just never been able to take him seriously after that pap. I suspect there's more depth, but he blew it with such horrendous first impressions
Pop artist in making pop songs scandal!

wont win me any cool / edgy points but I quite like him tbh. Might be an age thing.

You mean the Diana Candle in the Wind? Good song otherwise.
There doesn't always have to be depth. Sometimes it's just a good performer doing a good performance.
Crap ending to the set though.

Back