• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Glastonbury

Physical Therapist...yup, he's got all the gear out on tour.
I guessed that but wasn’t sure :)

she also has some special ropes guys who sort her acrobatics

at out gig they stopped her at one point as the lines weren’t working safely. She then had to talk to the crowd for a bit whilst it got sorted and dealt with it like a super experienced pro

As that may be. Sports scientists/PTs I know believe wholly in them, I go to steam/sauna/cold plunges regularly and they absolutely help my muscles (when they appear from beneath the flubbery bits hahahaha), and this particular PT not only swears by them but sees the results with all his clients. If you briefly go down the path of Chinese medicine, there is a wide belief that cooling of the body/organs is actually very important, and that over-heating is a bad bad thing. My own personal experience bears this out!

100% make you feel better in general. My mate got me into the idea of cold showers now and then, gets your blood flowing and coming closer to surface and you just feel a million bucks.

100% make you feel better in general. My mate got me into the idea of cold showers now and then, gets your blood flowing and coming closer to surface and you just feel a million bucks.
Possibly there's that rush and mental wellbeing things. But it has no demonstrable benefit on muscle recovery etc. Not like say oxygen tanks

Possibly there's that rush and mental wellbeing things. But it has no demonstrable benefit on muscle recovery etc. Not like say oxygen tanks

I don't have either so cold showers for me and the seeming buzz it gives to get up and at em will do for me

As that may be. Sports scientists/PTs I know believe wholly in them, I go to steam/sauna/cold plunges regularly and they absolutely help my muscles (when they appear from beneath the flubbery bits hahahaha), and this particular PT not only swears by them but sees the results with all his clients. If you briefly go down the path of Chinese medicine, there is a wide belief that cooling of the body/organs is actually very important, and that over-heating is a bad bad thing. My own personal experience bears this out!
Do you know what life expectancy was for those relying on Chinese medicine before "Western medicine" was introduced?

I know sample studies have been small, I can only attest to how they help me.
There is an immediate decrease in inflammation/muscle fatigue whenever I cold plunge. Obviously the heat from sauna or steam room brings the blood up and out so to speak, flushing out crap, etc. The combination (for me) serves to relax my mind, take away body discomfort, and (I believe) keeps my immune system functioning at a strong level. I agree, tue whole concept seems counter-intuitive to using heat for muscle repair (blood flow, etc), but that psych factor cannot be discounted, and the lower inflammation stuff is real...of course I was just reading why we should not be so keen to dismiss inflammation (!!!!)...anyway, it does work in several senses, but yes, the science on it seems split if not scarce.

Been watching the odd gig on the iplayer, not sure how long stuff will be on there for but just caught the Loyle Carner set - fudge me that was a top show.

Amazing balance of great vibes, great lyrics with an actual meaning and musicianship, I'm a sucker for a hip hop artist going with a live band rather than a DJ just essentially pressing play - It suits the festival set up so much better. I can't name many rappers are that comfortable / confident in showing vulnerability in an authentic way whilst being simultaneously confident and charismatic.

Would absolutely recommend it. Also saw QOTSA the other day, cba for a full write up but they were awesome too.

Been watching the odd gig on the iplayer, not sure how long stuff will be on there for but just caught the Loyle Carner set - fudge me that was a top show.

Amazing balance of great vibes, great lyrics with an actual meaning and musicianship, I'm a sucker for a hip hop artist going with a live band rather than a DJ just essentially pressing play - It suits the festival set up so much better. I can't name many rappers are that comfortable / confident in showing vulnerability in an authentic way whilst being simultaneously confident and charismatic.

Would absolutely recommend it. Also saw QOTSA the other day, cba for a full write up but they were awesome too.
I do like LC...comes across as a decent fella in interviews as well.

Check out Hak Baker...he should fit your remit.

I am hoping to catch him at connect (festival just outside Edinburgh) next month. Looking forward to it more now

Back