• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

PLEASE DON'T!!!
He is about as useful as a chocolate fireman! I follow the german league quite closely, and he hasn't developed one tiny bit (except for his biceps) since he joined Bayern from Basel, despite the fact that he got to train and learn from some of the best players in the world in his position, namely Robben and Ribery AND having one of the best managers in the world in Guardiola. Add to all this, the fact that he could barely get in the worst Inter team in 30 years! He has the football brain of a chicken. If he spent half as much time on his football as he apparently does pumping iron, he might have been a decent player. Chadli is twice the player!

But Chadli plays for Spurs already, so he's brick. Better to get new players we know little to nothing about. ;)

Multiple reports from slightly more reliable sources (Sky Sports chief among them, with the report there being written by Lyall Thomas) are now saying that we're entering talks with Alderweireld and his representatives today.

Additionally, Villa have agreed a fee for Idrissa Gueye, who was previously heavily linked with Soton: 9 million quid. Wonder if that'll impact on Tim possibly wanting Carroll.

Last edited:
Multiple reports from slightly more reliable sources (Sky Sports chief among them, with the report there being written by Lyall Thomas) are now saying that we're entering talks with Alderweireld and his representatives today.

Additionally, Villa have agreed a fee for Idrissa Gueye, who was previously heavily linked with Soton: 9 million quid. Wonder if that'll impact on Tim possibly wanting Carroll.

i think Gueye is a pure defensive mid, which Carroll most definitely isnt

4.6mil

We got him for 1.5 I believe? Profit. Levyed.

Decent so we're up to about £14.5m in and probably £7.5 out so £7m spare plus whatever else we raise plus whatever transfer budget we had.

Capoue - £5m
Ade - £2.5m
Kaboul - £3m
Stambouli - £4m
Lennon - £6m
Chliriches - £3m

Could see us raise another £23m or so and they are fairly conservative estimates.

Decent so we're up to about £14.5m in and probably £7.5 out so £7m spare plus whatever else we raise plus whatever transfer budget we had.

Capoue - £5m
Ade - £2.5m
Kaboul - £3m
Stambouli - £4m
Lennon - £6m
Chliriches - £3m

Could see us raise another £23m or so and they are fairly conservative estimates.

I wouldn't put it pass Levy to double all those figures, except for maybe Ade.

Capoue - £5m
Ade - £2.5m
Kaboul - £3m
Stambouli - £4m
Lennon - £6m
Chliriches - £3m

Aye would go close to that, tho doubt we will get a fee of any note for Adebayor:

Capoue - 7mil
Ade - negligible
Kaboul - 3mil
Stambouli - 8mil
Lennon - 11mil
Chiriches - 5mil

Would be my estimates - tho I think Stambouli/Ade will probably still be with us at the end of the window personally.

Capoue - £5m
Ade - £2.5m
Kaboul - £3m
Stambouli - £4m
Lennon - £6m
Chliriches - £3m

I would be surprised if we can do any better than Ade on a free (and even then it will probably cost us money to get rid of him).
Kaboul also I doubt we could sell for any more than we'll have to give him to leave.

You're probably not too far wrong on the others however. Chiriches might even fetch more considering he looks ok for his international team and might have some suitors in Italy (a league that will suit him much more).

About 5,7 mill + bonuses if that's correct. I guess we could be happy with that, and not having to pay him whatever he's got for two years.

About 5,7 mill + bonuses if that's correct. I guess we could be happy with that, and not having to pay him whatever he's got for two years.

Yep, seems Levy is willing to take a small loss to get them out early this time (I suspect the clauses/sell ons will eventually mean money for us)

3 down, a few more to go ...

Back