• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

8 mill??? Any clause there then I guess, way under priced being a HG and an England international....
I would've thought that he would've insisted on a clause going in when he extended his contract in January with only 6 months remaining. Quite a decent thing for him to do really, ensuring that Villa still got a reasonable fee when he could've walked for nothing this summer and pocketed most of that £8M himself in extra wages.

Also interesting that a few on here were saying 'not good enough' for us when I was suggesting taking advantage of his contract situation and getting him back in January.... Another player not good enough for us that is good enough for one of the top 4.

I would've thought that he would've insisted on a clause going in when he extended his contract in January with only 6 months remaining. Quite a decent thing for him to do really, ensuring that Villa still got a reasonable fee when he could've walked for nothing this summer and pocketed most of that £8M himself in extra wages.

Also interesting that a few on here were saying 'not good enough' for us when I was suggesting taking advantage of his contract situation and getting him back in January.... Another player not good enough for us that is good enough for one of the top 4.

Just because a player has signed for a top four team it doesn't mean they'll be a success or that he's better than what people had thought before - im sure it wouldn't take long to pull together a list of examples

Let's see how many games he gets and how good they are

His lack of passing ability will cost him dearly. Yeah he works hard but he kicks the ball out more often than in

The only thing in his favour is the two currently in front of him really aren't that either. If he is city's replacement for Yaya then they have massive problems but he could poet finally replace Feenando with no detriment to the side

Apples and oranges.

The signing of Delph would serve a very different purpose for City than it would for Spurs. They are in need of homegrown players to meet their squad quota. By contrast, we have no need to top up our homegrown quota but we are in need of players who could dramatically improve our first team. So while Delph fits the bill for City, he doesn't fit the bill for Spurs.

It's also fair to say that City could carry Delph better that we can. Because of the great quality throughout their squad, they can easily afford to have a a good and experienced but not top quality player like Delph in the team (for the lesser matches, no doubt) and still comfortably expect to win the vast majority of their games. Spurs, on the other hand, are not overbrimming with the kind of quality throughout the squad that City can call upon. Consequently, the signing of another player on a similar level to what we already have will leave us as vulnerable as ever to the kind of frustrating performances and results that have all too often afflicted us.

the video that followed the Konate one above was this one, a defensive midfielder who can play centre half, Birama Ndoye. 21 years old and currently at Fc Sion.......certainly looks interesting, obviously its the Swiss league but he looks like a 16 year old playing in an under 12 year old league:)

Strong, anticipates the play, when he wins the ball he looks to play a pass forward, is not afraid to run forward with the ball either. I wonder if he is a name that Mitchell and his team are following

managerless Leicester City have a 12 mill bid for Charlie Austin rejected. Makes you wonder who is doing the buying

Daily Mail now linking BOTH Capoue and Stambouli to Watford, combined fee of £10 Million

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

"Watford have lined up a £10million double swoop on Tottenham for Etienne Capoue and Benjamin Stambouli.

Talks are ongoing but the Premier League new boys are hopeful accord can be struck with both players over personal terms after Tottenham accepted the offer"

good work if true. 20 mill in a week for Paulinho, Capoue and Stambouli

Daily Mail now linking BOTH Capoue and Stambouli to Watford, combined fee of £10 Million

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

"Watford have lined up a £10million double swoop on Tottenham for Etienne Capoue and Benjamin Stambouli.

Talks are ongoing but the Premier League new boys are hopeful accord can be struck with both players over personal terms after Tottenham accepted the offer"
I think this would be a good deal for all concerned. Capoue and Stambouli are probably better than we have seen at Spurs and I'm sure they would do a decent job for a promoted team. My worry for Watford would be their poor mobility. Both of them are fairly slow.

Would be a fairly solid midfield pairing for a newly promoted team. While either aren't of the right quality for our first 11 they aren't awful players imo.

Agreed. Whilst they don't work in our system they will no doubt eventually find a side that will get the best out of them, and will look useful players again.

Hopefully with a manager in charge for more than a couple of seasons and a system in place we'll avoid buying players that end up as surplus shortly after arriving, because frankly we've been dreadfully wasteful for a good while now.

And £5m for Holtby. I guess you could say those four add up to the price of one Schneiderlin.

forgot about that....aye, plenty in the coffers now to spend on a top midfielder, and hopefully not blow it all on James McCarthy;)

Back