• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

I do wonder if a lot of English clubs are waiting for the Greece bail out to end tomorrow to see if the value of the Euro collapses. Thus making any deals cheaper.

Apparently the Euro is at its weakest since 2007.

It means that today £500 will buy around €710, whereas this time last year the sum would have fetched just €596.

I think that is right. Conversely, it could make it harder for us to sell players.

I do wonder if a lot of English clubs are waiting for the Greece bail out to end tomorrow to see if the value of the Euro collapses. Thus making any deals cheaper.

Apparently the Euro is at its weakest since 2007.

It means that today £500 will buy around €710, whereas this time last year the sum would have fetched just €596.

Wouldn't the selling club just inflate the Euro price though? Add a couple of extra mill on, unless there's a previously set, applicable buy out clause?

Wouldn't the selling club just inflate the Euro price though? Add a couple of extra mill on, unless there's a previously set, applicable buy out clause?
That is not really feasible considering Europe is the largest market in football with a majority of the World's transfer fees being paid in Euros (either European clubs buying South American players or transfers between 2 European clubs)

Former Arsenal forward Gervinho has seen his move from Roma to Al-Jazira collapse due to his ‘obscene’ demands, according to reports.

The Ivory Coast international looked set to join the UAE club on a four-year deal for a fee of 13m euros after two years in the Italian capital.

However, Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport have reported that Gervinho demanded a helicopter and a private beach as part of the deal.

Among his other requests, rejected and described as ‘obscene’ by Al-Jazira, was accommodation for his family and regular aeroplane tickets back to his home country.

Seeing the potential for further trouble in the future, Al-Jazira rescinded their interest and the deal collapsed.

looks like Cabaye to Palace is looking a real possibility according to reports. If that happens it will be a real disappointment. He has everything our current midfield needs and I just dont see anyone better out there who we can afford

looks like Cabaye to Palace is looking a real possibility according to reports. If that happens it will be a real disappointment. He has everything our current midfield needs and I just dont see anyone better out there who we can afford

He's been struggling in a weak, slow league. I'm not sure he'd be able to get back up to EPL pace again.

Contrary to what his agent is implying, some of the Turkish press seem adamant Arda is going to Barca (even with the ban)...

Maybe our primary target is MS ... Mario Suarez lol and maybe all this with AM talk is not TA but Suarez . Would be a good signing . Their signing a defensive midfielder too from South America I read recently so you never know !

Maybe our primary target is MS ... Mario Suarez lol and maybe all this with AM talk is not TA but Suarez . Would be a good signing . Their signing a defensive midfielder too from South America I read recently so you never know !

Kranevitter. Great prospect. In fact, on reflection, I'm surprised we aren't signing more prospects from Argentina: there are certainly a lot to choose from, and with Baldini's historical links to the country, Poch's own roots and Mitchell/Levy's seeming fetish for undervalued players, it would seem the natural course of action.

Last edited:
Kranevitter. Great prospect. In fact, on reflection, I'm surprised we aren't signing more prospects from Argentina: there are certainly a lot to choose from, and with Baldini's historical links to the country, Poch's own roots and Mitchell/Levy's seeming fetish for undervalued players, it would seem the natural course of action.
Isn't the problem work permit related? Unless they are full internationals then it is almost impossible for us to bring them in, whereas Spain have different rules due to their old colonial links so they can bring the players in as talented youngsters.

Isn't the problem work permit related? Unless they are full internationals then it is almost impossible for us to bring them in, whereas Spain have different rules due to their old colonial links so they can bring the players in as talented youngsters.

Very true, and I hadn't considered that. Still, isn't possible to loan them out to a feeder club in Europe for a while (perhaps in a country with more relaxed permit rules) to get around that? Like Chelsea with Vitesse.

Maybe they are all tied up in 3rd party deals

I think FIFA brought in rules against that recently. No more third-party ownership.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ee-with-inter-for-xherdan-shaqiri-sky-sources

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/01/stoke-xherdan-shaqiri-inter-agree-fee

Caught me completely by surprise this one. Didn't he only just join Inter in January?

Was linked with us a fair bit before the move. Seems utterly bonkers to me that we'd let him go to Stoke if he's available, when we still need to sign at least two wingers to avoid falling further behind our rivals. This guy can play on both flanks or through the middle, scores goals, can dribble and is still only 23. Worth a punt at only £12m no?

*awaits somebody claiming he's not a "Poch player" or that Baldini and Mitchell "must have looked at him and decided upon better options" that we won't hear about until August 31st*

Back